PDA

View Full Version : Peace, at last...

Kfamr
10-23-2008, 07:36 AM
For those who have been following my Papa's ongoing struggle, he lost his battle this morning and is finally at peace. We told him yesterday that it was alright if he felt it was his time to go, that we would take care of my grandma and we'd be alright.

I knew this was coming, yesterday he looks so pale and more frail than usual. He said goodbye to the world at 4:45am. Please keep my family, most importantly, my sweet Memaw in your prayers, thoughts, what have you.

I know he is happy now, pain free, and will never have to undergo another test, doctor prodding at him, etc. He's finally at peace and with his mother, that he dearly loved.

Rest well my sweet Papa,
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/papailoveyou-1.jpg

I just wanted to add a big thank you to everyone who has kept my family in your thoughts for the past almost two years. I really appreciate it.

Cookiebaker
10-23-2008, 07:54 AM
Rest peacefully, Papa!

{{{Kay and Family}}}

Cincy'sMom
10-23-2008, 08:12 AM
Reast in Peace Sir.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family, Kay.

4 Dog Mother
10-23-2008, 08:15 AM
So sorry to hear of your Papa's passing, Kay. It is never easy losing a loved one even if you know it is time for them to go. You and your family have been in our prayers and will continue to be. We all know you and your family will take good care of your Memaw.

lvpets2002
10-23-2008, 08:27 AM
:(So Saddened Kay for your loss.. RIP Papa.. You will be in Heaven at the Golden Gates being Greated by our Beloved RB PT Angels.. God Bless to the Family..

Daisy and Delilah
10-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Rest In Peace Dear Papa.:(

We know that heaven has a new bright star. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
My sincere condolences to you, Kay, and all the family.:(

Ginger's Mom
10-23-2008, 08:29 AM
As Diana has said, no matter how much you try to prepare, and how much you try to understand that it is best for the person, it is never easy to lose a loved one. Kay, you and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. {{{Hugs}}}

RIP Papa.

Catty1
10-23-2008, 08:36 AM
It's like our furbabies too...we know they have been with us a long time, and we know they are at peace, but that is sometimes small comfort with all the pain we feel.

Your Papa was a fighter - and had a sense of humour during a couple of times in hospital, I think recall you saying.

Rest peacefully, sir - and let your wife know you are with her.

{{{hugs}}} for you and your family, Kay.

Freedom
10-23-2008, 08:37 AM
One part of the Cycle of Life which is always so hard for all of us to accept.
Sincere sympathies for you, Memaw and family.
RIP, PAPA.

Laura's Babies
10-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Rest in peace Papa, you were loved and will be missed.

Medusa
10-23-2008, 09:04 AM
Your Grandpa hung on to life because it's so precious and he loved your Grandma and all of you so much. Now he's at rest and soon will enjoy his new life and look forward to the reunion that will happen in time. RIP, dear one and peace to your family.

caseysmom
10-23-2008, 10:56 AM
I am so sorry Kay your family will be in my thoughts. Your grandfather is pain free now.

jennielynn1970
10-23-2008, 11:25 AM
I am so sorry to be reading this, but at least he is out of pain and at peace. It must have been so hard for you and your family to go through, watching it all.

Hopefully he is up there now, and he's also watching over your friend Nicole, Mia's mommy, and they will be looking in on you all.

Peace and prayers coming to you, Kay.

Taz_Zoee
10-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Even though you know he is at peace now and you were preparing for him to go, it doesn't make it any less painful.

Hugs to you and your family, Kay.

RIP Papa

shais_mom
10-23-2008, 11:34 AM
please accept my condolences on you and your family's loss Kay.
I'm so sorry.

gini
10-23-2008, 11:42 AM
Dear Kay, I am so sorry to read of your loss of your papa. I always admired how you were more concerned for his comfort and peace than your own loss. Rest now, papa, you are well loved.

Husky_mom
10-23-2008, 11:44 AM
I´m so sorry.. but as you said now everyone is at peace.. sad but at peace..

He has no longer to suffer from all the tests and procedures, you and your family can now be sure he´s painless and rest assured he now is better...

it´s hard but when you think of all the pain and suffering a beloved member was having you realize it´s better for them...

and now you´ll cherish the great moments you all had when he was fine and not the bad moments suffering along with him...

our sympathies are with you all.... ((hugs))...

Karen
10-23-2008, 12:18 PM
When peace like a river attendeth my way
When sorrows like sea billows roll
Whatever my lot, thou has taught me to say
It is well, it is well with my soul

Rest in peace, sir, your battle with illness is over
The pain is past, and your time in heaven begun

Kay, our thoughts and prayers are with you.

*LabLoverKEB*
10-23-2008, 12:43 PM
Oh I'm so sorry to hear about your dear Papa, Kay. I know how hard this is for you, and your family. Rest in peace, Sir. (((((((((hugs)))))))))

Kfamr
10-23-2008, 12:47 PM
We're sitting here at my Memaw's, coming up with songs for him.

We're going to have a service for anyone that knew he to come to and then another for us. We're going to have the one for us at "the building" - his business, Family Appliance. I'm going to be making a video slideshow for him.

Yesterday when I was over here I sat down with my Memaw to sort through photos. We knew it was coming so I wanted to get it done before it was too hard to do. And I'm glad we did, because it is hard to now.

Memaw and Papa have three dogs, but one was soley Papa's, his boy Maytag. That poor dog is so lost and so gloomy. When they got Papa dressed to take him, we let Maytag on the bed for one last time and he just layed down between Papa's legs and wouldn't moved. Poor, poor boy.

Medusa
10-23-2008, 01:06 PM

We're going to have a service for anyone that knew he to come to and then another for us. We're going to have the one for us at "the building" - his business, Family Appliance. I'm going to be making a video slideshow for him.

Yesterday when I was over here I sat down with my Memaw to sort through photos. We knew it was coming so I wanted to get it done before it was too hard to do. And I'm glad we did, because it is hard to now.

Memaw and Papa have three dogs, but one was soley Papa's, his boy Maytag. That poor dog is so lost and so gloomy. When they got Papa dressed to take him, we let Maytag on the bed for one last time and he just layed down between Papa's legs and wouldn't moved. Poor, poor boy.

When my ex-FIL was being transported to the hospital, the family knew that they weren't going to see him again and Sheba, the family Eskimo Spitz, chased the ambulance several miles to the hospital. They couldn't get her to leave and she laid outside the hospital until they finally had to carry her away. Lovey sweet dogs are such wonderful companions and Maytag is missing his Papa so. This is so bittersweet. (((HUGS))) to you and to sweet Maytag.

beeniesmom
10-23-2008, 03:21 PM
I am so sorry for your loss Kay Ann. :(
This is not a good year for you and your loved ones. :(

Pembroke_Corgi
10-23-2008, 03:30 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

sirrahbed
10-23-2008, 03:51 PM
(((Kay)))

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Sending you lots of loving hugs!!

chocolatepuppy
10-23-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm sorry Kay.:( Your Papa is in a better place. Many prayers to your family. {{{hugs}}}

Alysser
10-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Kay, I'm so sorry for your loss. May your grandfather rest in peace. ((hugs))!

Casper
10-23-2008, 06:40 PM
I'm sorry to see this. :( He looked like a great man. Major LES when reading about Maytag. Ethan did the same thing when my father passed away.

Huge (((((hugs))))) and good vibes headed out for all of your family. I will keep you all in my thoughts during this difficult time.

Rest Easy, Kay's Papa.

shepgirl
10-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Very sorry to read about your loss. Very hard for the family but the consolation is knowing his pain is over finally.

elizabethann
10-23-2008, 08:34 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

AllAmericanPUP
10-23-2008, 09:58 PM
R.i.p.

krazyaboutkatz
10-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Kay, I'm so sorry for your loss.:( You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Please take care. (((HUGS)))

Kfamr
10-23-2008, 10:55 PM
I thought maybe that planning your best friend's funeral would kind of make you numb to things, but I was wrong. I knew this was coming and it still hurts horribly.

I remained strong today, for my grandma and for the rest of my family. I always do that, and then I come home and bawl my eyes out alone.

I don't know why, but I do it to myself, I suppose it's my way of coping and I always feel I should be strong for everyone else.

Our family was cooperative and together tonight, most of us. I'm happy for that and I hope it remains that way. My aunt even wants to take my cousin and I to get tattoos.

I couldn't walk in my grandma's house alone all day today. I needed someone with me at all times. I don't know, I got an odd feeling.

joycenalex
10-24-2008, 05:48 AM
kay i am so sorry for your loss.

cloverfdx
10-24-2008, 09:09 AM
:( Kay you and your family will be in my thoughts. Rest easy Papa, watch over your family.

{{Hugs}}

Logan
10-24-2008, 09:28 AM
Kay, you and your family will be in my prayers. I'm glad your Papa is at peace, but I am so sorry for your loss.

Cinder & Smoke
10-24-2008, 09:32 AM

This was one of my Mom's favorites >>>

"His Eye is On the Sparrow" >
http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/h/i/hiseyeis.htm

Her Minister at the Village, Dr. Cindy, sang that hymn at all of Mom's Services
and Memorials.

My deepest Sympathies to you, Kay, your Memaw, and all of the Family.
Take comfort in knowing that YOU helped fill Papa's last year with Love and Compassion.
I'm sure he enjoyed your meals flavored with :love:.

{{{Hugs}}}
/s/ :( Phred

CountryWolf07
10-24-2008, 09:34 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your Papa, yes he is in peace. :) I am in tears now since it has only been 3 months since my Papa passed away.. ((HUGS))

AdoreMyDogs
10-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Kay my deepest sympothies for you and your family. This is so difficult for everyone. My prayers are with you and your family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Leslie

Kfamr
10-24-2008, 09:50 AM
The man at the funeral home wanted me to make tow bulletin boards of photos and such. He said we get to keep them when we're done.

I had the idea of using his flannel bedsheets as the background. I was just going to buy flannel material, but this is a bit more personal. Anyone that knows my Papa knows he loved flannel. I'm also putting krazy glue, non-skid tape, spray paint, and ducktape on them. A few of the items he was notorious for using. :p And Pepsi, we cannot forget his precious Pepsi. :p

Anyhow, my grandma gave me his two flannel pillow cases. I ended up sleeping with one last night. It smells like him and it was comforting.

The songs we came up with:

Joe Cocker - You are so beautiful (he used to sing this song to me.)
Holly Dunn - Daddy's Hands
Garth Brooks - The Dance
Celine Dione - Because you loved me
Dire Straights - Money for nothing
Eddie Fisher - Oh! My Papa
The Eagles - Take it easy

I'll check out the one you posted, too, Phred. Thank you everyone for the support.

Ginger's Mom
10-24-2008, 09:56 AM
You and your family have never been far from my thoughts. It is nice that you have a project to work on that reflects your grandfather to be displayed at his viewing and service. It will help you to deal with the loss, and allow those who are visiting to get a better glimpse of the man you and your family loved so much.

wolf_Q
10-24-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm very sorry to hear this, Kay. :( I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I know when I heard the news about my grandfathers I couldn't cry, but at the funeral I lost it. I miss them very much still. I like your ideas for the songs and the bulletin boards, to show what he was really like and the fun things about him.

ramanth
10-24-2008, 11:46 PM
I'm so very sorry for your loss Kay. :( Prayers for you and your family. *hugs*

BitsyNaceyDog
10-25-2008, 06:38 AM
Oh Kay, I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers.

pitc9
10-25-2008, 07:51 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Kay.

Kfamr
11-16-2008, 06:41 PM
I'd like to think my Papa visited me today.

My friends and I were sitting in a little cafe for breakfast. There was an old man that was singing and sounded just like my Papa. I mentioned something to my friends and right after I said something, the song "Take It Easy" came on the radio. That was his favorite song and one that we ended his memorial service with. :love:

Love you, Papa.

Also, I thought I'd share a picture of his resting place.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/papa.jpg

cassiesmom
11-16-2008, 07:05 PM
Kay, my sincerest sympathies to you. Hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Thinking of you,
Elyse

Medusa
11-16-2008, 07:13 PM
I'd like to think my Papa visited me today.

My friends and I were sitting in a little cafe for breakfast. There was an old man that was singing and sounded just like my Papa. I mentioned something to my friends and right after I said something, the song "Take It Easy" came on the radio. That was his favorite song and one that we ended his memorial service with. :love:

Love you, Papa.

Also, I thought I'd share a picture of his resting place.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/papa.jpg

That's all the verification I would need. How comforting for you. :)

caseysmom
11-16-2008, 07:25 PM
What a beautiful resting place for you special grandfather, it is so peaceful and the headstone is breathtaking.

K9karen
11-16-2008, 10:05 PM
Believe it and hold on to it, Kay. Similar things have happened to me and find it comforting.

The plot is gorgeous. Nice place to sit and reflect.

cyber-sibes
11-17-2008, 10:28 AM
That's a beautiful place, Kay, very peaceful looking. That's very cool your grandpa let you know he's still around. ;)
I apologise, I didn't see this thread till today, but send my deepest sympathy to you & your family.

Daisy and Delilah
11-17-2008, 01:31 PM
What a wonderful experience for you, Kay. The picture is incredible. Such a lovely place. I've never seen a more peaceful place for eternal rest. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

ramanth
11-17-2008, 05:19 PM
I bet he was. :) :love:

Kfamr
12-06-2008, 10:44 AM
Love you and miss you, Papa.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a194/frailwit/beebs.jpg

(When I was little, way before he got really sick, he would sing this song to me all the time. It's one of my fondest memories of him.)

caseysmom
12-06-2008, 01:44 PM
What a nice memory Kay, it that on the front of your shoulder?

Randi
12-06-2008, 02:26 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, Kay. :( Your dad had a good taste in music. :)

Rest in peace, Mr. Knapp!

mustlovedogs
12-06-2008, 02:44 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. :( It's always hard to lose a loved one, but at least he is at peace. His resting place is absolutely gorgeous.

krazyaboutkatz
12-06-2008, 03:23 PM
What a nice tribute to him.:)

Kfamr
01-19-2009, 02:15 PM
Papa, I just want to say I'm constantly thinking of you. I still sleep with your flannel jacket everynight. It hasn't left my bed.

Memaw is in pieces still, but I do hope time heals everyone's wounds. We love you. :love:

lvpets2002
01-19-2009, 03:13 PM
:love: Such a Very Nice Loving Tribute Kay to your Papa..

Lobodeb
01-19-2009, 11:08 PM
My deepest sympathies to you and your family, Kay. You are all in my prayers.