PDA

View Full Version : Thursday #288- Johnny Appleseed trip?

RICHARD
10-22-2008, 08:30 PM
I think a road trip to pick some fruit is in order.

We have some farms that open up for pumpkin picking, hay riding, apple picking and other fun stuff.....I want a big pile of leaves to jump into!

I'll bring the bus around and everyone pile in......Road TRIP!!

http://www.betterphoto.com/uploads/processed/0019/0411131459591dsc_4443_t.jpg

http://www.betterphoto.com/gallery/dynoGall2.asp?catID=354&pageID=2&rows=12&contestCatID=&camID=

DONE!

Karen
10-22-2008, 08:57 PM
Woohoo! Apples and cider, and all sorts of fall yummies

Don't mind Lady's Human and I if we're a little - hmm, how to put this ... antsy? Skeptical?

Grandpa S. had a small orchard, and when everything ripened, we'd go over to pick fruit. It was not meant to be "fun," it was meant to
A. Get the job done
B. Not get the fruit bruised
C. Do not eat while you are picking
D. Do not risk breaking branches by climbing wrong
E. And NO horsing around ....

One might have gotten poked with a sturdy cane for dawdling, and by the way, do not freak out at the bees, either. And leave the grapes alone ...
and that kitten is not to be picked up - his feral mother is right behind that bush ...

Grandpa loved us, sure, but harvest time was serious business!

Riachard, I'd invite you here to jump it the leaves, as it is that time of year, but I don't think you'd enjoy it much, as it has been raining off and on for a couple days. Plenty of leaves on the ground, but they are wet.

RICHARD
10-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Woohoo! Apples and cider, and all sorts of fall yummies

Don't mind Lady's Human and I if we're a little - hmm, how to put this ... antsy? Skeptical?

Grandpa S. had a small orchard, and when everything ripened, we'd go over to pick fruit. It was not meant to be "fun," it was meant to
A. Get the job done
B. Not get the fruit bruised
C. Do not eat while you are picking
D. Do not risk breaking branches by climbing wrong
E. And NO horsing around ....

One might have gotten poked with a sturdy cane for dawdling, and by the way, do not freak out at the bees, either. And leave the grapes alone ...
and that kitten is not to be picked up - his feral mother is right behind that bush ...

Grandpa loved us, sure, but harvest time was serious business!

Riachard, I'd invite you here to jump it the leaves, as it is that time of year, but I don't think you'd enjoy it much, as it has been raining off and on for a couple days. Plenty of leaves on the ground, but they are wet.

LOL,

Think G-pa would mind if we played AFTER we picked? IT'S all virtual fun anyway.;)

And I love kitties!

I got IT! We'll put the Orc to work and we'll picnic while he works!

DONE!

Karen
10-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Hee hee - I love kitties, too - but Grandpa knew if I attempted to catch and cuddle the probably 6-week-old kitten, Mama Cat - who ruled the barn, and was a great mouser, so rarely ate any other food offered her, and did not trust humans - would have shredded my arms before I even got to the kitten.

We can play, Grandpa is long gone, it's just that for some of us, instincts are formed early. We know other people thinking of apple-picking as fun, honest we do! The Orc would surely bruise the Wolf River and Northern Spy apples, so we'll send him over to pick the quinces, okay? And set him to hauling full baskets of fruit - they get heavy!

sparks19
10-22-2008, 10:23 PM
I have three pumpkins :D that we got while on a hayride to the pumpkin patch. Hayrides are so much fun :D

RICHARD
10-22-2008, 10:55 PM
I have three pumpkins :D that we got while on a hayride to the pumpkin patch. Hayrides are so much fun :D

You can go again!

Who wants some cider? I got the Orc to press some out....

With his feet!;) DONE?

sparks19
10-22-2008, 11:22 PM
with his feet?

I will stick to my whiskey lol thanks :p

I'm always up for a hayride though :D

DJFyrewolf36
10-23-2008, 12:25 AM
I'll help out with the harvest! Im a member of cell phone games website...on it I have a pumpkin patch. We can add that bounty to the rest of the harvest!

I have bell peppers too for some reason, anyone up for stuffed bell pepper? :D

RICHARD
10-23-2008, 01:08 AM
with his feet?

I will stick to my whiskey lol thanks :p

I'm always up for a hayride though :D

His feet are clean.....I think!;)

Whiskey and a coke?

DONE!

DJ,

Stuffed bell peppers?

I am in!

LOL, maybe we can get theOrc to pull the hayride?

lvpets2002
10-23-2008, 08:33 AM
:eek: WoW we have to work on this Thursday?? Thanks Richard..:p Hey I am for the fruit picking & hayride.. Come on Orc lets get the hay loaded onto the trailer for the hayride.. Who is going to decorate?? No No Orc Karen said no Horsen around.. She said nothing about driving the Horse around.. You Goof..:D

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/3540.jpghttp://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/Halloween_Mini_Balls-thumb.jpg

RedHedd
10-24-2008, 02:18 PM
I have fond memories of helping out with the persimmon harvest when I was a kid. We had persimmon cookies, cakes, puddings, persimmons ripening in out basement rumpus room - does anyone remember rumpus rooms? Do they even have those anymore?

This Thursday's needs some rumpus! :D

sparks19
10-24-2008, 02:53 PM
We just baked some yummy pumpkin seeds last night... anyone want some :D

lvpets2002
10-24-2008, 03:38 PM
We just baked some yummy pumpkin seeds last night... anyone want some :D

:) Oh yes yum yum.. Now watch out here comes the Orc.. What how do you already get ahold of some pumpkin seeds Orc??:eek: No No dont be spitting those seeds out of your mouth at us.. Ukkss:p

gini
10-24-2008, 08:21 PM
This Thursday's needs some rumpus! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif said the RedHedd............

But where is she when you want to some trouble? No where to be found.
I came in to stir things up a bit - but there is no one here................

guess I will just help myself to some of the apple cider and see if anyone shows up.

Oh, Hi Orc............where have you been and why are your feet sticky?

RICHARD
10-24-2008, 08:48 PM
This Thursday's needs some rumpus! http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/biggrin.gif said the RedHedd............

But where is she when you want to some trouble? No where to be found.
I came in to stir things up a bit - but there is no one here................

guess I will just help myself to some of the apple cider and see if anyone shows up.

Oh, Hi Orc............where have you been and why are your feet sticky?

DID I HEAR THE WORD RUMPUS????

LOL, thank goodness we are outdoors.
How's about a bon fire and some cider and marshmallows?
DONE!

LP and Sparks,

I guess you are both on pumpkin seed patrol?
They are work to get out of the shells, aren't they?

Redd,

I was wondering about persimmons! I loved getting pomegranates at Halloween, I guess you can't give any kind of fruit goodies any more-that really sucks!

How's about a spiked cider?

DONE!

sparks19
10-24-2008, 10:07 PM
LP and Sparks,

I guess you are both on pumpkin seed patrol?
They are work to get out of the shells, aren't they?

DONE!

NO way... you eat them in the shells.

extra fiber :D

DJFyrewolf36
10-25-2008, 09:32 AM
Real life breakfast = 7-11 breakfast burrito, soda and cheez-its :rolleyes:

Thursdays breakfast = something better? :D

I need to stop working graveyard lol.

Good morning everyone!

RedHedd
10-25-2008, 10:25 AM
Pomegranates, eh? We can spit pomegranate seeds too! How's THAT for some rumpus! :D

jennielynn1970
10-25-2008, 07:06 PM

Isn't that bad for digestion?? Seriously, the pointy shells and all. I thought you couldn't eat the shells?

Lady's Human
10-25-2008, 07:21 PM
It's the only way to eat pumpkin seeds! Roasted in the shell!

(Seaking of which, it's about that time......):D

RICHARD
10-25-2008, 07:33 PM

NO problem. That's the way my sister ate them...

A pile o' seeds? DONE!

DJ,
What do you want?

We can whip up something fast for you?

Graveyard? Man, those hours hurt.

Let me fix you a plate-DONE!

Redd,

I never had a pomegranate spitting contest. It was too much work to stay unstained and to dig them out!

But since it's vitrual? I think we can do it!!

DONE!

Jenn,

LOL, It hasn't killed anyone yet. And the scraping probably helps!:D

DONE!

LH,
Have you carved one for the kids yet?

That was the part that was the most fun, to make the kids dig out the seeds!

DONE!

DJFyrewolf36
10-26-2008, 12:31 AM
Thanks RICHARD! I'm just stopping in before my shift...hope everyones day went well!

RICHARD
10-26-2008, 12:35 PM
Thanks RICHARD! I'm just stopping in before my shift...hope everyones day went well!

Everything is good...and get a good meal when you eat....LOL, as if Thursday's fare is nourishing!:D

I think I want some cider, anyone else?

Here comes the hayride again. That Orc is a workhorse!:D

Lady'sOtherHuman
10-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Mmmmm, fresh roasted pumpkin seeds, some nice warm spiced cider and I made some pumpkin pie. I even brought some whipped cream for the pie. Any takers?

RICHARD
10-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Mmmmm, fresh roasted pumpkin seeds, some nice warm spiced cider and I made some pumpkin pie. I even brought some whipped cream for the pie. Any takers?

And she works too!

I'll take some!

Thanks for stopping in! How is work?:eek::D

DONE!

Lady'sOtherHuman
10-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Done!

Richard, work is going great. I've even already worked some OT. Apparently I started working there right in the middle of their busy season. I was just thinking we should make some gold fashioned popcorn balls. Fred says he thinks we'll get our pumpkin this week.

DJFyrewolf36
10-26-2008, 02:04 PM
Hey everyone! I should be in bed...its well past my bedtime!

(Noon, bedtime? blah :p )

Hey Orc, don't you guys run around at night too? :D

RICHARD
10-26-2008, 02:05 PM
Good on you!

I'll help ya with those PCBs!

I'll put my cooking hands on.....

And don't forget to get the kid's approval for the Jack o Lantern!