PDA

View Full Version : What to do???

mina'smomma
10-21-2008, 09:43 AM
Okay new boss is gone for the week and I just got a call from a potential employer who wants me to come in for an interview this Friday morning. I'm not sure what to do. For those who don't know my situation our county is having to reduce the budget and my job is going from full time to part time. I'm losing about half my income. The employer asking for the interview is full-time plus benefits.

lizbud
10-21-2008, 09:54 AM
Okay new boss is gone for the week and I just got a call from a potential employer who wants me to come in for an interview this Friday morning. I'm not sure what to do. For those who don't know my situation our county is having to reduce the budget and my job is going from full time to part time. I'm losing about half my income. The employer asking for the interview is full-time plus benefits.

I would definately go for the interview. Good luck.:) Businesses look out
for their own bottom line & you should look out after yours.

Edwina's Secretary
10-21-2008, 09:59 AM
Focus on getting the job. You do not need to worry about how you will tell your boss until you have an offer. Don't let negative energy interfer with your interview.

And if cutbacks are coming...your boss may be relieved!

It is your career...go for it! And...if you want the job...be sure and send a thank you note to the person who interviews you. Ask for a business card so you have the email address and correct spelling of name, title, etc.

Trinityagain
10-21-2008, 10:31 AM
Most definitely go for it! You have to look out for you.....best of luck! All fingers and paws crossed here!

Catty1
10-21-2008, 10:33 AM
What everyone else said! :D

Don't sweat it til you get an offer. If you do, your going to that job might help someone else's at the place you work now.

{{{{hugs}}}}

catnapper
10-21-2008, 10:55 AM
Go for the interview! For two different jobs, I went on the interview while my boss was on vacation... twice they returned to finding out I gave notice while they were away :eek: (for the record, neither time was planned... it just happened that way)

lvpets2002
10-21-2008, 11:18 AM
:) Well thats a no brainerrr == go for the interview && best of luck.. I hope you get the new job.. A person has gotta do what a person has gotta do.. Make a living for your family..

gini
10-21-2008, 12:21 PM
These are difficult times - look out for yourself - and good luck on the interview!!

mina'smomma
10-21-2008, 12:25 PM
Well just spoke to boss. She said go the interview and then just come in and open the office after its done. She is really excited for me and wished me best luck. Need lots off good vibes that this job will come through please

moosmom
10-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Slam dunk, girlfriend!! Give it all ya got!!

Medusa
10-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Well just spoke to boss. She said go the interview and then just come in and open the office after its done. She is really excited for me and wished me best luck. Need lots off good vibes that this job will come through please

Well, there ya go! The decision was just made easier for you. Prayers going up that the job is yours. "All doors are now open to you, all channels are now free to you. The whole wide world says 'YES!' to you".

ramanth
10-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Good luck with the interview!! :D

lizbud
10-21-2008, 05:12 PM

Well, this is even better. It's good to know there will be no hard feelings
if you leave. Great.:) Best of luck with this.