PDA

View Full Version : Chrissy's eye - good update!

emily_the_spoiled
10-20-2008, 11:50 AM
Hi everyone,

I am not sure if anyone remembers but I failed fostering back in the Spring and Melissa (dolittleky) let me keep Chrissy. She was born blind in both eyes and I ended up having to have the one eye taken out because it was causing infections. She was doing just fine up until this weekend, but the surgery site opened up (the surgery was back in June). :( I am not sure what caused it to open but I have an appointment later this afternoon for the vet to look at it. I hope that there is nothing wrong with it and they will just have to close it up again (not that I want her to have another surgery). So far she is eating, playing, and using the litter box just fine.

But please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

Cheryl

GILL
10-20-2008, 12:02 PM
The CRew is pulling for Chrissy, we hope that every thing go es well.

Laura's Babies
10-20-2008, 01:39 PM
Waiting for your return and a update.

Karen
10-20-2008, 01:50 PM
Awww, poor Chrissy! Maybe she just wanted to be sure of a patch so she can be a pirate for Halloween?

doolittleky
10-20-2008, 01:54 PM
I am hoping nothing major is wrong with her eye and if she has to have surgery again, this will be the last time. Give chrissy a kiss from me.
Melissa

catmandu
10-20-2008, 04:51 PM
Our All Mighty Lord God Above
Little Chrissy Has Alraedy Been Through So Much.
Could You Touch Her With Your Gentle Hand And Make Her All Well, With The Help Of Her White Coats.
This We Pray , Our Merciful And All Mighty Lord God Above.
Thank You.
The Found Cats, Porch Cats, Rescued Cats And All Of Your Servants, The Animal Angel Army.

Moesha
10-20-2008, 08:35 PM
Waiting for news about this sweetie. I hope she will be fine.

jennielynn1970
10-20-2008, 10:27 PM
Awe.... poor Chrissy. I hope she'll be ok. I wonder why it came back open? Does it look sore or oozy? Poor little thing!

Big hugs going out to the both of you!

emily_the_spoiled
10-21-2008, 08:12 AM
Well it turns out that it is infected, so she is on antibiotics for the next 9 days. The vet cleaned everything away and only a small hole had developed along the suture line. She is hoping that the hole will close up once the infection is gone.

But if that doesn't happen or the infection comes back Chrissy will have to go in for exploratory surgery to see what the problem is. Unfortunately we have no idea what caused the problem in the first place so surgery might be in her future again :(

Thank you for all the thoughts and prayers, now we just have to concentrate on getting the infection cleared up and the hole healed.

Medusa
10-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Oh goodness, I'm so sorry that little Chrissy is going through this after all else she's been through. We'll definitely add her to the prayer list and you, too. Here's some prayers right now that she'll heal quickly w/no more problems......:love:

doolittleky
10-21-2008, 01:48 PM
Oh I am praying that it will clear up and she won't have to have exploratory surgery. Thanks for taking such good care of her!
melissa

emily_the_spoiled
10-21-2008, 02:04 PM
You and me both, are hoping that she doesn't need more surgery.

I am just not sure what caused this four months after the actual surgery. If she was going to have a reaction it should have been at that time

We are keeping our fingers crossed that the antibiotics will clear it up and the hole seals itself, so that she will not need surgery again.

I figure that she is eating, sleeping, and playing just like before so it can't be bothering her too much :D I think it just bothers Mom more than her...

catlover4ever
10-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Poor Chrissy. I too would have thought that if she was going to have a problem it would have been closer to the time of her original surgery. Chrissy and you will be in my thoughts.

emily_the_spoiled
10-21-2008, 02:27 PM
She had the same surgery as Gracie did. Did Gracie ever have any problems with it once everything was healed up?

lvpets2002
10-21-2008, 03:30 PM
:(Oh no Cheryl.. Thats just horrible.. Poor wittle Chrissy.. Now my Buttons eye removal has healed up just great.. Sending lots of Positive Vibes & Prayers..

emily_the_spoiled
10-23-2008, 08:07 AM
Well Chrissy has been on the antibiotics for two days now and I finally got a good look at the eye this morning (and of course I was slightly late for work because of it :rolleyes:). But things are looking really good. The infection has started to clear up with the help of the antibiotics. There is no more puss coming from her eye and no scab covering it. So I will finish the antibiotics and keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't come back.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Moesha
10-23-2008, 08:11 AM
Great news!

Medusa
10-23-2008, 08:16 AM
That's wonderful news!

Catty1
10-23-2008, 08:23 AM
GREAT news! Little Chrissy, I hope you are feeling much better! (And so is Meowmie! :D )

Laura's Babies
10-23-2008, 08:27 AM
Great...We feel so helpless when there is something wrong with babies.. Fingers crossed that this was all she needs!

lvpets2002
10-23-2008, 02:50 PM
:) WoW thats Great News.. Come on wittle one lets get all well & better now.. All paws crossedd.. Bigg Whisker Huggss..

Anikaca77
10-23-2008, 03:13 PM
Awww I'm glad she's doing better. Prays coming it stays that way.