PDA

View Full Version : New post for Carole - cats badly need home in Taiwan!

Catty1
10-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Original thread:http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=140723

SAD UPDATE:

Ok the reality of the situation is one of the cats immune system was not up to scratch and will not be allowed into NZ,James discussed it with his vet when he visited a month ago here in NZ, they tried to boost the cats immune system, but no luck,they have decided they cannot take one without the other, as they are really bonded and the other kitty is very skittish and hyper -ventilates even going to the vet,the only thing James can do is try and look for a home in Taiwan with a European family,the chances of that are not very good, he is absolutely heartbroken, at even the thought of having to leave them behind, and even though he did a great thing in the beginning rescuing them from terrible circumstances, he now is in complete turmoil as what to do,sadly if he cannot find a home , i guess his only option would be to have the babies put to sleep, a decision he would find impossible to live with.

So I have a extremely big Ask here, does anyone know anyone in Taiwan or nearabouts that would be interesting in taking them in,I doubt any other country would allow them in either, as i am sure the quarantine laws are as strict as NZ,I guess i am grasping at straws here, but i just had to ask, i have seen things on PT that seemed impossible and were done, miracles i call them, i would never live with myself if i at least did not even try, these kitties will not need re-homing for some time yet, i would have to check on the details, my understanding his James goes to China in Jan,so they could be taken there, and adopted from there when he leaves, again i will have to check on the details, thank you for your time and listening.

Catty1
10-19-2008, 08:45 PM
OOPS! Thanks for the note, Karen.

ETA: I pm'd Suki Wingy an apology; I had a 'sometimers' moment and meant to PM Lilith Cherry. She might know someone who knows someone, etc.

Ya never know.

Prayers for those furbabies!

Is there a European community newsletter or something? A place where they can put the word out?

Hoping for good news.

carole
10-20-2008, 12:47 AM
I know they will be trying every avenue possible, i know it is a long shot posting here, but anything is worth trying, BTW China is ok for adoption, he will be moving there in JAN.