PDA

View Full Version : PT thoughts/prayers for ANNA..

CountryWolf07
10-19-2008, 01:07 PM
Anna is not being herself right now, we aren't sure what is wrong with her. She has been moving so slow a lot these days, and also she wouldn't get up and move yesterday. We think she's suffering from a broken heart, she just started to pay a little attention to Hank, but that only lasts a second or two. We are really worried about her, we don't want to go through another in such a short time. So, my parents are thinking about going to the vet to see what is wrong with her, but we are really dreading have to do that because of last time with Rosie. I hope you guys understand, it just does not seem to be helping Anna with the new addition, she hasn't changed, maybe it's her old age slowing her down a lot faster since Rosie, but we just are confused.

Mom had to carry Anna out to potty.. the last few days. She's just laying around in the backyard, and she thinks she can't seem to support her weight.

Please, please, keep her in your prayers & thoughts. I will be going home next weekend because I am not liking what I'm hearing about what's going on with Anna at home. She is my dog, so it's tough being away. I think maybe if I come home, she'll perk up a little bit. However, we do pay so much attention to Anna, just not sure why she's acting this way.

finn's mom
10-19-2008, 01:24 PM
:( Poor Anna, she's heartbroken. I hope she gets to feeling better soon. :love:

molucass
10-19-2008, 01:35 PM
Prayers and good thoughts being sent out for Anna. I hope she is going to be ok. :love:

cyber-sibes
10-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Poor Anna, sounds like she's grieving so deeply, just keep her close & give her time. A visit to the vet is a good idea, just to be sure she's okay.

Daisy and Delilah
10-19-2008, 01:59 PM
This is so sad, Rachel. I'm so sorry. I hope the vet will have some good answers. I always say that dogs are amazing and I would be so happy if they could talk. If they could only tell us what's wrong with them it would be so much better. Get Well Anna Girl!! Thoughts and prayers going out to all of you. {{{{{HUGS}}}}}

husky 1
10-19-2008, 02:18 PM
:love:Lots of hugs sent to dear Anna. ;)

Cinder & Smoke
10-19-2008, 03:03 PM
Anna is not being herself right now, we aren't sure what is wrong with her.

It's quite possibly a combination of things all happening at once ...

* The New Pup, Hank, is certainly putting a strain on Anna -
** He gets a LOT of attention, pretty much whenever he wants it
** He gets treats & food frequently
** He "bothers" Anna when she's not interested in playing

* Anna doesn't understand why Rosie isn't there to interact with her

* Old Age is setting in and slowing things down (with possible pain involved)

-----------------------
1) Be sure Anna gets a LOT of individual love & attention -
when Hank is nowhere close and offers no competition to her
2) Get Anna a full check-up at the White Coat's Place - including a full blood panel workup.
3) Ask the Vet to consider a trial of Rimadyl or Asprin to ease any pain she may have.

And we'll send a bunch of Pet Talk Prayers. ;)

{{{Hugs}}} from Phred

Karen
10-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Poor old girl, she'll be in our prayers.

pomtzu
10-19-2008, 04:14 PM
Poor baby, but it does sound like she's grieving for Rosie. Definitely have her checked by your vet, and make sure she gets lots of individual attention too. Prayers for sweet Anna! :love:

anna_66
10-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Oh Rachel, I really hope that the vet visit finds that there's nothing wrong with Anna and she can get over the passing of Rosie.

I'll be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers.

(((Hugs)))
Anna

CountryWolf07
10-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Unfortunately guys, my parents are saying that she is exhibiting every sign of dementia:

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/pic/article.cfm?N=3001&aid=1346

* Becomes lost in familiar places around the home or backyard
* Becomes trapped behind familiar furniture or in room corners
* Has trouble finding and using doors and negotiating stairways
* Does not respond to her name or familiar commands
* Is withdrawn and unwilling to play, go for walks, or even go outside
* Does not recognize or is startled by family members, toys, etc.
* Frequently trembles or shakes, either while standing or lying down
* Paces or wanders aimlessly throughout the house
* Has difficulty learning new tasks, commands, or routes
* Frequently soils in the house, regardless of the frequency she is brought outside
* Sleeps more during the day, less during the night
* Stares at walls or into space and is startled by interior lighting, the television, etc.
* Seeks less and less of your attention, praise, and play
* Is hesitant to take treats, drink fresh water, or eat fresh food

SO hopefully there's something we can find out about her tomorrow at the vet; hopefully some medication she could take, but we don't know what's going to happen so, I guess, I'm waiting to hear about it tomorrow after the visit.

Keep your fingers crossed, think of her, pray for her, and definitely pray for my family and I - we are still grieving over losing Rosie... and we just can't bear to go through it again if it's considered as one of the options... It's just SO difficult to watch her go through that; and just feeling lost and confused.. while we have a young puppy in the household with so much energy while she just stays there. It breaks my mom's heart to watch her like that, it brings her to tears. It is killing me.

Anna is my dog, and it is UP to me to figure out what's best for her, and you know, I just realized, this is the worst, hardest thing I have to go through... :(

ramanth
10-19-2008, 05:43 PM
Poor Anna. Prayers the vet can figure out what's wrong.

chocolatepuppy
10-19-2008, 08:37 PM
Pawsitive thoughts and prayers for Anna and for you.

WELOVESPUPPIES
10-20-2008, 05:14 AM
Awwww, I am sending prayers up for Anna. Please keep us posted.

CountryWolf07
10-20-2008, 07:01 AM
My parents will be taking Anna to the vet, things aren't looking so good... and I'm a wreck, a bigger wreck. :(:( I don't even know what to think or say.

I do know this, it is not the grieving part that she needs time on; she has been declining over the past year - just the other day, she can't support herself to get up and walk, she just lays there, my parents have to pick her up to carry her to go outside and bring her back inside. Mom said last night, she carried Anna outside and she stood on her own but fell over and she didn't care. She just laid there, the spot where she couldn't get up. She is not the same dog as she was two months ago, which is really hard. She won't eat anything for the most part, but she won't make any noises. She doesn't even "woo" anymore or howl. She doesn't pick up her head if we call her name or come and lay by her. My parents have been laying by her all night last night, trying to see if she'd notice them. She doesn't. It really breaks my heart in a million pieces. That's really sad.. unfortunately, it is up to me in the next couple days to do what is best for her. She has really lived a great life with us, but if it is time, it is time, which I would hate to come to that.. hope I don't have to, though. And today I will find out, or tomorrow.

It's just rough, after losing Rosie 3 weeks ago and now having to go through this type of decision again.

2008 has not really been a wonderful year for me & the family.

I would post a picture or two of Anna, but I would rather not, because she is so skinny, and it isn't her anymore. She lost that "spark" in her eyes. :( Please pray today. It is 8am, and I am bawling. I wish I didn't have to go to class but I have to.

Thanks everyone.

Cinder & Smoke
10-20-2008, 08:39 AM
:(

Hi God ~

Please, send down a Big Bucket of LOVE :love: for Anna, Rachel, and the whole Family
to share in this time of need.

Help 'em all to decide what's best for Anna ... and help her to understand
the Family's Great Love :love: for her.

Thanks, God.

king2005
10-20-2008, 09:28 AM
That is terrible, poor Anna :(

I don't know if this will help explains things or not, but this is what happened to my aunts farm dogs.

She had Bart & Barny, 2 outdoor BCs. These 2 were old & were not used with the sheep any longer. They spent the day on long chains & had a whole barn to themselves, placed at the back of the main driveway. So they allerted everyone someone was coming, as they could no longer be used for herding (1 was turning on the sheep & the other was too old to run like he use too). The dogs slept in the house in a special room (all farm dogs were banned from the house after Fred bit me when I was very young) that was attached to the house.

My aunt would unchain both dogs & the dogs would walk on their own to their room.

Barny passed away at 17yrs old & left Bart alone. Bart had been on the farm for nearly 10yrs & they had no idea he was BLIND. The learned this right after Barny's death. Bart walked into the truck, then the car, then the wall, fell up the stairs, & down the stairs.. They swore the dog was drunk!

Turns out Barny was leading Bart the whole time, so Bart knew where to go.

They got a puppy (I forget the breed, but its the breed that lives with the sheep, as its all white & the wolves think its a lone sheep & go into attack & quickly learn their meal is about to eat them).. well this puppy started to lead Bart into the room at 6 months old, so Bart was no longer lost without help from my aunt & the kids.. However this puppy did it differently.. he would bite onto Barts neck fur & push & pull him to help guide him.

So it could be plausable that one dog was helping the other dog in your home & you had no idea Anna had these issues until Rosie was gone.

Daisy and Delilah
10-20-2008, 09:34 AM
{{{{{{{Rachel And Family}}}}}}}

cyber-sibes
10-20-2008, 10:44 AM
Oh Rachel, this is giving me LES too. Poor Anna, I can understand how seeing her like this is just breaking your heart. Hopefully the vet will be able to access her and maybe there is something more he can do for her. We know you will make any decisions based on what's best for sweet Anna. Prayers for Anna, (((hugs))) for you.

Taz_Zoee
10-20-2008, 11:42 AM
OH my goodness, Rachel! I am so sorry. :(

King2005 that is an amazing story. The dog you are referring to (the big white dog) is called a Kuvasz.

Rachel, you know that when the time comes to make that decision it will be the best thing for Anna. I just hope you can be there with her when that time comes. If not, your parents will help her make that transition. I am still inclined to believe that Rosie's passing has affected her in some way. Possibly like Jess explained in her story.

shais_mom
10-20-2008, 12:28 PM
please see here for Rachel's Latest update.
She is probably reeling too much to update each thread.

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?p=2078285&posted=1#post2078285