PDA

View Full Version : Photobucket problems - anyone else?

Grace
10-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Right now I'm having mega problems with Photobucket. Pictures overlapping on the pages over there. Can't sign in with one of my browsers.

Where else is a good place to store pictures and the like?

Hellow
10-19-2008, 01:27 PM
I host all my own pictures on my local server, but that takes some technical knowledge to do. Photobucket has always had a bad reputation for going offline too much.

4 Dog Mother
10-20-2008, 08:55 AM
I am having trouble with Photobucket too. It won't let me see any of my pictures larger and when I tried getting help from them they said it had to be my computer - I told them I tried from other computers but that didn't seem to help. I've being doing this through e-mail. I need to find time to get on the phone with them but haven't yet.

Thanks for the info Reggie, but that doesn't really help. What places are some of you others using?

Grace
10-20-2008, 09:21 AM
I love how they always say it is "your computer", like Photobucket could never make a mistake :rolleyes:

I've emailed and received no response so far.

Emeraldgreen
10-20-2008, 12:15 PM
The other night I was trying to upload some short videos and I used the browse button to go into my files just like always, then picked which video I wanted to upload and then....nothing. It just would not upload. So I finally went to the old version they have on there and uploaded them that way. Took forever. :rolleyes:

Glacier
10-20-2008, 12:30 PM
I have a paid account at Photobucket. I've never had any trouble with the site since I went to the "pro" account.

Grace
10-20-2008, 01:10 PM
I have a paid account at Photobucket. I've never had any trouble with the site since I went to the "pro" account.

I had a Pro account until Sunday. Decided to drop back since I have so few images and no videos stored. However, judging by some complaints at the Photobucket forum, even Pro account members are having this exact difficulty.

IRescue452
10-20-2008, 01:12 PM
Don't pay for an account right now, by the looks of their troubleshooting forum even paid accounts are working like crap right now. I can't upload at all and I have several dozen pictures waiting. Even when I switch to the old version I can't upload. Tinypic takes too long and the aol uploader isn't very good. I'm stuck and unhappy. Any other good photo hosting sites people use? Something that can upload several at once and not take two days.

krazyaboutkatz
10-20-2008, 11:01 PM
I also have the pro account. I haven't used photobucket for a while so I just went there and uploaded a picture to test it out and I had no problems. I've always used their older version to upload pictures though.

I've also used dropshots and I tried zoto a long time ago. I hope that you're able to get your problems resolved soon. Good luck.:)

k9krazee
10-21-2008, 12:27 PM
I use Zoto (www.zoto.com) and LOVE it. I pay like $4.95 a year for it.

IRescue452
10-21-2008, 12:31 PM
I got my aol uploader working now and boy is it fast, so much better than photobucket, and no fees because I'm already an aol subscriber.