PDA

View Full Version : Any guesses on new baby gender? **EDIT!!!!**

AdoreMyDogs
10-18-2008, 08:15 PM
I just thought I'd make a fun thread and see how many people guess correctly. This coming Wednesday (Oct. 22nd) at 4PM we're going for the ultrasound and hopefully, as long as Sprout cooperates, we'll know if Quinn is going to have a baby brother or a baby sister.

I feel that it's going to be a boy, but all the Chinese gender predictor calanders say girl, so I'm curious to see what everyone thinks.

Karen
10-18-2008, 08:24 PM
Hee Hee - my friends who are going to have their first baby in November are going to have a girl, despite the baby's grandfather's prediction that they'd have a boy, and the fact that everyone said at the time "and he's never wrong!"

I only guessed boy so Boone and Daddy won't be outnumbered by females! ;) But have no idea, really.

Taz_Zoee
10-18-2008, 08:25 PM
Hmmm....well, I've got a 50/50 chance here. So I chose girl!! :D

sparks19
10-18-2008, 08:45 PM
well I'm not usually one to follow predictors.... but all mine said I was going to have a girl and when I delivered the dr said "Looks like we have indoor plumbing" LOL so they were all right... it's 50/50 but I gotta go with GIRL :D

Do you have any names picked out for either sex

caseysmom
10-18-2008, 09:14 PM
I am getting strong boy vibes:D

kt_luvs_kitties
10-18-2008, 10:48 PM
Girl:D

DJFyrewolf36
10-18-2008, 10:56 PM
Everyone thought Nick was going to be a girl...but I wasn't shocked when the oposite turned out to be true ;). Somehow I knew I had a boy lol

Ill go with Boy, since it seems to be the minority :D

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-18-2008, 10:59 PM
I'm thinking boy. =] Quinn needs a little brother to pick on. :p

carole
10-18-2008, 11:21 PM
I am going to pick for a boy, as it seems to be a year for boys,anyone i know who has had a baby recently has had a boy, so boy it is.:)

sumbirdy
10-18-2008, 11:31 PM
I voted boy

I SIL felt she would have a boy, and she did and then my best friend felt like she was going to have a girl and she did. Always go with the mothers instincts (sp?)

Can't wait to find out for sure!

jennielynn1970
10-19-2008, 12:37 AM
Boy!

moosmom
10-19-2008, 08:38 AM
Every family needs at least one of each!!!:love::D

AdoreMyDogs
10-19-2008, 08:39 AM
Do you have any names picked out for either sex

Yep, but that will be announced after the baby comes :) Just like with Quinn, I am not going to announce names 'til after Sprout gets here.

JuniorxMyxLove
10-19-2008, 08:39 AM
I say boy - eenie meenie miney moe NEVER lies! :p

The_Duck
10-19-2008, 11:49 AM
I get the feeling that this one is a boy. I have no idea why, but... boy. Quinn is going to be such an amazing big sister. :):love:

shepgirl
10-19-2008, 11:52 AM
I voted for a boy since you already have a girl.

molucass
10-19-2008, 12:28 PM
I voted girl, but I have no clue really..
Just some how think Quinn is going to have a little sister.

lizbud
10-19-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm thinking Girl.:) You already have such beautiful clothes for her anyway.

You could also look at how many girls vs boys in both of your familes to
predict a likely outcome. (or not) :)

AdoreMyDogs
10-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Quinn is going to be such an amazing big sister. :):love:

Thank you so much. I really think she is going to be as well. She is just CRAZY about babies and *usually* is so maternal acting towards her baby dolls. She hugs them, kisses them, sings to them, pats them on their backs softly while hugging them, she always tries to feed her baby dolls and share her sippy cup full of juice with them. She's a real loving child. I think she'll be jealous at first because she is a momma's girl BIG TIME, but she'll learn to love her baby sibling.

mina'smomma
10-20-2008, 07:24 AM
I felt I was having a boy and all the predictors said girl and here is Cadience so I'm going to say girl. Besides Quinn needs to have a little sister to share her secrets with.

AdoreMyDogs
10-22-2008, 10:12 AM
Today's the day, I'm so excited!!!

Sirrahsim
10-22-2008, 10:21 AM
Yay!!! I hope he or she is feeling cooperative today:D:D

Pembroke_Corgi
10-22-2008, 10:35 AM
Hey no fair, I don't find out what I am having till Friday!! :D I'm going to guess boy...then you will get to buy some cute new clothes! Have fun at your ultrasound.

AdoreMyDogs
10-22-2008, 10:53 AM
Hey no fair, I don't find out what I am having till Friday!! :D I'm going to guess boy...then you will get to buy some cute new clothes! Have fun at your ultrasound.

We are going in earlier then usual because I was having some spotting and the doctor wants to make sure everything's OK. Also, my hubby has applied for a promotion with the company he works with, and if he gets the job, although it's a promotion, the health insurance isn't nearly as good. We wanted to make sure we got the ultrasound out of the way just in case he got the job and they don't want to cover the ultrasound.

Are you going to tell us what you're having on Friday? Do you have any hunches? I just KNEW though and through that Quinn was a girl, with this one I'm not as sure. I'm thinking boy but I really am not certain like I was with Quinn.

I bet you can't WAIT until Friday!!! I'm so excited for you :)

lvpets2002
10-22-2008, 12:41 PM
:) I voted Boy..

Sirrahsim
10-22-2008, 12:56 PM
I think he's a boy!

The mountains of barely used but too small boy clothes waiting in my closet are hoping that your new little one is a boy too!

AdoreMyDogs
10-22-2008, 04:41 PM
Well we know now what we're having :)

For those of you who guessed BOY, you were correct! We're having a boy!!! One of each, how perfect!!! We got a really good view of our new little boy's "parts" so we know he's a boy, no doubt about it :)

We're SO excited!!!!

Husky_mom
10-22-2008, 04:45 PM
just making my mind... LOL

CONGRATS!!... YAY!!...

Taz_Zoee
10-22-2008, 04:45 PM
Well, I guessed wrong, but who cares!!?? LOL
Congrats!! :D :D How exciting!!!

gini
10-22-2008, 05:16 PM
You have an absolutely beautiful baby girl - and now a handsome boy is on his way? Look out world - are you ready?

I think Quinn will have fun with a baby brother too.

I know that all of us are very happy for you.

There will be an uptick on retail sales of little boys clothing now - he is already good for the economy:D

Karen
10-22-2008, 05:35 PM
And he'll have pre-loved boy clothes from Missy's house, too! And he sounds like he's "all boy" already, showing off so you'd have no doubt! ;)

Almost all my clothes growing up were either home made or hand-me-downs from siblings and cousins - I never had to deal with "itchy new clothes" until I was in high school - I ended up taller than my "big sister" and next-eldest girl cousin, so needed extra length on things.

Alysser
10-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Woohoo, Congratulations!!!! Can't wait till he's born, Quinn is seriously without a doubt one of the cutest babies I've ever seen.

Sirrahsim
10-22-2008, 06:48 PM
:):):love::):love::):love:

sirrahbed
10-22-2008, 06:49 PM
A girl and a boy!!! Perfect!!:love:

ramanth
10-22-2008, 06:51 PM
Yay! Congrats! :love:

finn's mom
10-22-2008, 09:06 PM
That's so awesome! I didn't vote, but I was hoping you'd have a boy. :)

carole
10-22-2008, 10:10 PM
How wonderful, i have one of each, and it really is great, i guessed boy because it really seems to be a year at least down under for boys, my girlfriend is having her baby in one month,it is hubby's first and her fourth, new marriage, he did not want to know so it is a suprise, i am guessing it will be a boy too,can't wait to find out.

Now have you picked out any names?

sparks19
10-22-2008, 10:27 PM
awww congrats.

yes... any names picked out?

what about ultrasound pics?

K9karen
10-22-2008, 11:34 PM
Congratulations! One of each! How exciting! Hope all continues to go perfectly for you!!

Any names picked out? I love Quinn's name and was wondering if you've come up with anything as unique?

Daisy and Delilah
10-23-2008, 07:38 AM
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR BIG BOY!!!:) :) :)

It's perfect. I had a boy and then a girl. One of each is great!! Of course we wouldn't object if there were more to come.;)

prechrswife
10-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Congratulations! How fun for Quinn to have a little brother!:D

Pembroke_Corgi
10-23-2008, 03:26 PM
How fun you are having a boy!! Congratulations! :)

We are going in earlier then usual because I was having some spotting and the doctor wants to make sure everything's OK. Also, my hubby has applied for a promotion with the company he works with, and if he gets the job, although it's a promotion, the health insurance isn't nearly as good. We wanted to make sure we got the ultrasound out of the way just in case he got the job and they don't want to cover the ultrasound.

Are you going to tell us what you're having on Friday? Do you have any hunches? I just KNEW though and through that Quinn was a girl, with this one I'm not as sure. I'm thinking boy but I really am not certain like I was with Quinn.

I bet you can't WAIT until Friday!!! I'm so excited for you :)
I'm guessing it's a girl but maybe I'm also just hoping. I will let everyone know tomorrow! My appointment is not until 10:15 but I know I will be awake at 5:00 with anticipation!

I'm glad that your ultrasound went well and I'm assuming everything is good and healthy with your new baby boy. Fingers crossed that your husband gets the promotion!

JenBKR
10-23-2008, 09:45 PM
That's awesome! Congratulations! It will be great to have one of each :)

I'm guessing it's a girl but maybe I'm also just hoping. I will let everyone know tomorrow! My appointment is not until 10:15 but I know I will be awake at 5:00 with anticipation!

I think mother's have an intuition sometimes, so you could be right. Trust me though, once you hold that little baby it doesn't matter if it's a boy or girl. The feeling can't be explained...it's pure bliss. Anxiously awaiting your announcement! :D

mina'smomma
10-24-2008, 09:53 AM
Congrats. How wonderful you're having a boy. Children no matter what sex are just wonderful.:D

*LabLoverKEB*
10-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Ooohhh! A baby boy! How exciting! Congratulations, again!

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2008, 05:30 PM
I'm a bit late but CONGRATS!!! .