PDA

View Full Version : Shock the Monkey?

RICHARD
10-18-2008, 01:50 PM
Baby monkey gets his own guard dog

http://www.ananova.com/images/web/1445625.jpg

A Chinese zoo has given an orphan monkey its own guard dog to stop it being bullied by bigger primates.

Keepers at Jiaozuo City Zoo said the monkey was always being bullied and they had intervened to save his life several times.

"So we put a dog in the monkey cage, hoping he can protect the orphan," a zoo spokesman told the China News Network.

The zoo said the dog, Sai Hu, does his job very well.

"Whenever the baby monkey gets bullied, he dashes up and drives the others away. And the baby monkey is also very smart. Each time he smells danger he runs to jump on the dog's back and holds on tight.

"The alpha male monkey has been really unhappy since we sent in Sai Hu. He tried to organise several ambushes on the little monkey, but they all failed because of the dog," added the spokesman.

lizbud
10-18-2008, 04:47 PM
It makes a cute picture, but it would be better to move the monkey to
another place & find him a different group to share space with. Anyone
ask the dog if he wanted to live in a monkey cage? Probably not.:p

RICHARD
10-18-2008, 05:12 PM
Anyone
ask the dog if he wanted to live in a monkey cage? Probably not.:p

Well, we could find out.....

http://www.cesarmillaninc.com/about/

It could be worse. :confused:
He could have lived with Mike Vick.:eek:

sasvermont
10-18-2008, 05:34 PM
Such an interesting couple. I guess the dog will stay until the monkey matures and is able to fend for him/her self. I don't think the dog has such bad duty! Although, monkeys can be rather brutal to each other. Don't know how they would treat a doggie. My guess is that this arrangement is temporary.

Nice story. Cute dog and cute monkey. Glad they found the match.

Karen
10-18-2008, 06:35 PM
I am guessing that, in natural circumstances, the baby's mother would have been defending him. But as he is an orphan, he'd not have survived in the wild, but since he's a zoo animal, life is different. The dog does not look at all bothered.