PDA

View Full Version : Haunted

Marigold2
10-17-2008, 10:03 PM
My one son has moved into an old house. It's about 100 years old and was built by a Dr.
It has been empty for a bit, was actually going to be knocked down but the owner has a huge garage and business on the property so he decided to let my son, girlfriend and baby live there free for one year if they fixed the place up. He would pay for the materials but not the labor. So far so good.
Last week a young girl moved in for a week to watch the baby as other grandma was having surgery. She left after 2 or 3 days, said the house was haunted :confused:.
The very first time I set foot in this old ruined house it was so dirty, no electric, no water, just filty. Hadn't been cleaned in years. The upstairs bathroom is totally gutted and the ceilings, electric all need to be done new.
But the very moment I stepped inside I felt happy and I loved the house. What a beauty it was in it's hayday. Deep dark rich wood floors and trim. Big windows, lots of light, nice big rooms, well thought out floor plan.
I helped the kids clean as much as I could, I was alone in the house before it had running water and lights and all I ever felt was happiness and love.
In fact I told my son that the people who lived there were happy, it was a happy home.
Is it haunted, I have heard other people say so, workers who have been inside taking their break? It's connected to a nursery and they would store tools there.
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of a haunted house? As I said all I ever felt there was happiness but I am by no means a psychic, just an average person. :confused::confused::confused:

Karen
10-17-2008, 10:05 PM
I'd ask her what she saw or heard to lead her believe it was haunted. Maybe it was something completely explainable, but being young and naive, she was easily "spooked" - pun intended! Our house is well over 100 years old, the house I grew up in was far, far older, and sure the floorboards sometimes creaked and the heating system had its own peculiar noises, but nothing haunted about it!

Laura's Babies
10-18-2008, 09:10 AM
It sounds like a wonderful house! I love the old homes with history. It would be so much fun to fix one of them up!

shepgirl
10-18-2008, 09:46 AM
Rumors are always so easy to start, and someone is always ready to believe them. I would take one of those huge old homes any day before one of the newer homes that they smack together nowadays. Everything in that house must be so rock solid, I remember my grandparents home, nothing flimsy in those days.
Could be someone is starting the rumors because they see the potential in the house and might want it themselves...I wouldn't give these "haunted "
stories a second thought.