PDA

View Full Version : A Must See For All Political Junkies

lizbud
10-17-2008, 11:48 AM
I watched Obama & McCain at the Alfred E. Smith Dinner last night and
it was so refreshing & funny. I loved seeing both these men, just being
themselves & regular human beings for once.:)

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/10/16/mccain-and-obama-palling-around-must-be-the-al-smith-dinner/

K9soul
10-17-2008, 01:29 PM
I enjoyed that, thanks for the link.

lizbud
10-17-2008, 04:25 PM
I enjoyed that, thanks for the link.

I'm glad you were brave enough to check this out & respond.:D

I don't know why, but, it made me feel better about politics in general.

caseysmom
10-17-2008, 04:32 PM
I enjoyed it also.

lvpets2002
10-17-2008, 04:55 PM
:) Yes I found it very enjoyable too..

Catty1
10-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Now THAT was fun!

It was a nice touch to see Hillary Clinton laughing so heartily! (Gorgeous suit - just the slightest twinkly sheen on it).

And Obama talking about the media and rumours, saying that Fox News reported that he had fathered two African-American children within wedlock!

Anyone who is feeling jaded by the election should see this. It was also a great fundraiser for a very worthy cause.:)

jennielynn1970
10-18-2008, 01:14 AM
I was watching bits and pieces of this last night online, and it was nice to see Obama poking fun at the rumors, and of himself. The one that cracked me up was when he was joking about his name, saying that when they gave him his middle name, no one thought he'd ever be running for President of the United States. And that he'd be announcing later that his middle name is actually Steve, lol.

It was easier to listen to Obama than to listen to McCain though. It seems that Obama was more at ease talking in front of the crowd than McCain, and McCain kinda sputtered here and there, and the jokes don't go over that well when that happens.

Catty1
10-18-2008, 10:26 AM
I enjoyed McCain - he could deliver his stuff with a straight face.

That worked especially well at the end, when he was setting up Obama - having supposedly seen a copy of O's speech, he was praising it and saying he didn't want to put pressure on Obama at the same time - telling the audience they were in for the funniest 15 minutes or their entire lives, etc. Worked wonderfully!