PDA

View Full Version : I think I need a new hobby....

catnapper
10-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Because I've officially gone off the deep end!

I have always loved making original Halloween costumes. This year, Cameron is going to be a train conductor. That was easy and cheap to make... obtain overalls (free from Freecycle.org) and get a conductor's cap from the party store ($6). Hubby suggested that I could make his wagon into a train for when we pull him around on Halloween night. I joked, "Nah, I'll make Callie into Thomas the Train"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/WooWoo.jpg

I still have some detail work to clean up and finish, and I have to get a certain puppy used to wearing it without looking like she's being punished. I'm not sure if I'm going to make a Thomas face medallion for the front of the costume under Callie's chin.

I love being crafty... the whole thing cost me $4! and that was only because I had to buy a new hot glue gun. Mine is somewhere in this house, but after 3 days of searching everywhere, I gave up and bought a new one.

Now.... what should I do to the cats? Perhaps make them a bunch of train cars to tag behind Callie? I have the feeling the choo-choo would be going round and round chasing its caboose! :p

prechrswife
10-16-2008, 10:28 PM
That is too funny!:D

shais_mom
10-16-2008, 10:56 PM
that is sooo cute! :D

Taz_Zoee
10-17-2008, 12:19 AM
That is so adorable! And it being home made makes it even more adorable!!

Karen
10-17-2008, 12:26 AM
You KNOW we are going to need pictures, right? As if Gramma could resist! Poor Callie - she'll get used to it! You might want to warn a couple friends that you'll visit so they have dog treats on hand for her for being such a good pup!

jennielynn1970
10-17-2008, 02:09 AM
You know the train cars would be hysterical! I say go for it!!

blue
10-17-2008, 02:21 AM
You KNOW we are going to need pictures, right? As if Gramma could resist! Poor Callie - she'll get used to it! You might want to warn a couple friends that you'll visit so they have dog treats on hand for her for being such a good pup!

X2 on pics. Awesome job, cant wait to see the finish on Halloween.

Laura's Babies
10-17-2008, 06:21 AM
You cats would never speak to you again! :eek:

Alysser
10-17-2008, 06:35 AM
You KNOW how to torment her, eh? Callie looks so cute though, poor girl. She's like "Mom NO ALL THE NEIGHBORS will see me!!" XD I can't stop laughing right now. Thanks for brightening my morning. :p

RICHARD
10-17-2008, 07:43 AM
Send me your address.

I think that the union that train conductors and engineers would like to speak to you.;)

Husky_mom
10-17-2008, 03:30 PM
lovely... I bet Cam is happy to have you as his grandma....

and I bet just after using the hot glue gun you found the one missing... LOL

Suki Wingy
10-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Aw that's cute! There are lots of people who make costuming a hobby. Some of them are amazing. I love this woman's. http://www.costumersguide.com/

Marigold2
10-17-2008, 10:12 PM
I am not sure if it's evil to do that to the dog :confused::confused: or just laugh out loud funny. A bit of both I think. :p:p:p

moosmom
10-18-2008, 11:19 AM
Poor Callie!! Would you look at that face!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v632/kasdesign/WooWoo.jpg

Catty1
10-18-2008, 11:35 AM
Being a cat person, I am SHOCKED to see what "dog Training" REALLY means! :eek:

:p:D