PDA

View Full Version : Hey everyone!

luckies4me
10-16-2008, 04:13 PM
Just popping in here real quick while on my lunch. Everyone and everything is going good. Kai man is getting HUGE! He will be 17 months here soon. He is definnately keeping me on my toes. :)

Still have Meow Meow and just took in two other kitties that someone dumped off. They just showed up one day. I might have found a home for the older boy, but would like very much to keep the kitten. We'll see what happens. :)

We recently took a little vacation to California to see my family. Finally! For the first time everyone (except my sis as she stayed in New Mexico with her bf) got to see my little Kai man. I didn't take Dylan because he had just started school but I plan on going back sometime within the next couple of months or so. My dad did lose his other leg. He has been in the hospital now for about 7 months but is making progress. He was in isolation when we went to visit him at the rehab center so he couldn't touch Kai but we were able to stand next to him for photos. He has a staph infection on his stump. Once it is healed he will be able to walk with his prostestics. :D

Attached are a couple of photos. I'll try to pop in more often. I really do miss everyone. Hope everyone is well! Moosemom has my number if anyone ever wants to talk. :) Take care!

luckies4me
10-16-2008, 04:20 PM
The first picture is from summer, the second two are my dad and Kai, and the third is my brother and Kai. :)

This next picture is of Kai and I at the beach. The beach! LOL. Not the coast. ;) He had a blast chasing all the seagulls lol. He kept running after them going, "Birdie birdie!". Good times. :) Ok. Back to work.

Seven had surgery today on his ear and is waking up from telazol so he's a little drunk. Gotta check on my boy. Nice to check in. I miss everyone!

Karen
10-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Kai looks a lot like your Dad, particularly in the second photo! Isn't it funny how babies sometimes look more like the grandparents than their parents?

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-16-2008, 04:45 PM
Awwww, what a cute boy Kai is!! Just like his brother, he has beautiful eyes!!

luckies4me
10-16-2008, 09:33 PM
I'm going to try doing this on my cell phone and see if it works. :) I think Kai looks a lot like my father too. The fair skin and light eyes came from him. It was nice for my family to finally meet Kai. Especially for my father, who for awhile there did not seem like he was going to live for much longer. It is amazing how much older he looks than the last time I saw him. :( I'm hoping seeing us will give him a little boost so he can get well and go home. So he can live a life of normalcy...for the most part anyway. It was sweet though when Kai saw my dad. He shouted, "grandpa!". I think that totally made my dad's day. I will try to get on again soon and post some more pics. Kai is such a smart boy. Speaking in sentences (amazes me) and potty training himself already lol. What a difference between him and Dylan. Anyway. Nice to be back again. :)