PDA

View Full Version : Dimitri

GILL
10-16-2008, 09:47 AM
Well the newest member of the CREW fits right in.
This is the 6 month old that was hit by a car and lost his hind leg. I don't think he even knows it's gone. Dimitri will run as fast as the others and we are working on the jumps.
He is just a purr machine, as soon as you say the name Dimiri the purrs start. Just put your hand near the floor and you are his, he will come running and flop on his back for tummy rubs. He plays with Lucky and Roscoe and right now hisses at Peak and LB. His favorit toy is a pink soda straw.

Medusa
10-16-2008, 09:59 AM
Look at that! What a wonderfully heartwarming story w/pictures to match! It makes my heart swell w/pride that I know such generous and loving people that I've met here on PT. I can see that Dimitri is already thriving. Isn't it amazing what love can do? Bless you for opening your home and, best of all, your heart, to this gentle spirit who deserves only the best in life. And boy, has he ever found it! :love:

Catty1
10-16-2008, 10:02 AM
OH my - Dmitri!!!! What a happy and playful kitten! And thanks to so many people's work and kindness, including a great home, he can still enjoy plenty of kittenhood! :D

Gosh - happy LES here! Give that purr machine a cuddle and kiss for me! :love:

Taz_Zoee
10-16-2008, 10:28 AM
I have been looking forward to this thread all week!! I almost asked yesterday, but I told myself to be patient. :)
He is so adorable! I love the markings on his head. Here is another wonderful PT story to put down in the books. :D :D

Edwina's Secretary
10-16-2008, 10:52 AM
I suspect he loves his pink straw because it brings out his beautiful coloring.

Or is it because it is the color of love and he is a lover :love::love:boy???

Randi
10-16-2008, 11:19 AM
Welcome to PT, Dimitri! In spite of missing a leg, I can tell you thrive in your new home, and isn't that wonderful!! I am SO happy for you!

Sending kisses and purrs from Copenhagen. :love:

lvpets2002
10-16-2008, 11:26 AM
:love: Welcome to PT Dimitri you wittle Darling.. Your so Adorable.. See I told you that you will be a speed of lighting in no time.. Hey you can be my Yardleigh's boyfriend..

Yardleigh means 3 ft in a yard.. Hello there Dimitri

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b335/lvpets2002/IMG_0998.jpg

pomtzu
10-16-2008, 11:50 AM
What a lucky little kitty Dimitri is to have another chance. Life for him didn't start too good, but just look at him now! Looks like such a happy little guy and it appears he doesn't miss that leg at all. I'm sure he'll live a long and pampered life with his wonderful new family! :love:

moosmom
10-16-2008, 12:52 PM
Oh John!! He looks wonderful!! I couldn't have asked for a better home for this precious boy! Thank you for the pictures. I've copied them and will have prints made for Karen so she has them. She did a wonderful thing by saving him. And you, my friend, are AWESOME!!!!!

cassiesmom
10-16-2008, 01:49 PM
Hey, good looking Dimitri! Mmwah! You're so handsome I just want to stick my head through the monitor and give you a smoochie or two!

Moesha
10-16-2008, 02:50 PM
I am so glad that things worked out for Dimitri and that he is fitting in to his new home!

jenluckenbach
10-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Just look at that sweetheart! :love:

Dmitri, you are one of the lucky ones. You landed that right home. ;)

GILL
10-16-2008, 03:16 PM
Dimitri and the CREW thank you all. I do want too thank Karen for all her hard work in saving this great little boy. Right now it does seem that he likes humans more than other cats. He is confined to the back room with LB, Lucky and Ros. He does give Lucky and Ros a run for their money. Ros gets really ticked when someone plays with her track ball, so the hissing starts. Even though the toy is Luckys, who lets Ros play with it once in a while. Peak comes in and gets hissed at, I am sure that will change, Bart & Mits will not even come in. We figure that in about 3-4 weeks we can turn him loose on the rest of the house
Time will tell how every one gets along. One thing is for sure they all know who the alpha is. Mommy feeds, but dad has the squirt bottles. They all know that when my voice goes up someone is going too get wet. The basic rules are no one chases with malice, no one plays so ruff that the other cries and no one, no one hisses at dad. But on the other hand if they are real good Dad will share his potato chips
Got too love them all.

catmandu
10-16-2008, 03:28 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/new%20photos/9aee0cb1.jpg
THIS IS WHY WE LOVE COMING TO THIS SITE , THERE ARE TRULY SO MANY HEART WARMING STORIES AND DIMITRIS IS ONE OF THE MOST INSPIRING!!!
WHAT A GREAT STORY ABOUT A WONDEROUS LITTLE SURVIVOR :love::love::love:

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-16-2008, 04:25 PM
What a cutie!! 3 or 4 legs, it really doesn't matter :) My darling Snoopy is the living proof of that here;):)

Laura's Babies
10-16-2008, 06:30 PM
What a handsome boy he is! Darn, if you didn't live so far away, I would have to come to your house and meet all those babies and love, love, love on them! :love:

critters
10-17-2008, 08:31 AM
Time will tell how every one gets along. One thing is for sure they all know who the alpha is. Mommy feeds, but dad has the squirt bottles. They all know that when my voice goes up someone is going too get wet. The basic rules are no one chases with malice, no one plays so ruff that the other cries and no one, no one hisses at dad. But on the other hand if they are real good Dad will share his potato chips
Got too love them all. LOVE your rules of the house!!! Hmm, you know, maybe I should do more with a squirt bottle, to enforce the "no one chases with malice" rule... That's a little bit of a problem here.

catlover4ever
10-17-2008, 11:02 AM
What a wonderful story of Dimitri!!! So glad to see him fitting right in. Good for you for giving him the chance. :)