PDA

View Full Version : Moose is back from vet

AllAmericanPUP
10-15-2008, 04:51 PM
His neutering went well and he is doing just fine:D

but they also got him de-clawed in the front:(
somehow in our conversations they got mixed up and thought I said they should get him de-clawed so they had the vet do it..and now they really feal horrible and are mad at themselves...poor moosey...they dont even know what they were thinking...i guess they just weren't...i told them I wish they would have called me when they were guessing themselves about wether they should have it done or not....but the damage is done now..i'm just glad it doesnt seem to have effected him and he is acting normal

Taz_Zoee
10-15-2008, 05:09 PM
I'm glad his surgery went well. That sucks about the declawing. Now that they know, they aren't going to do this to the kittens are they?

catmandu
10-15-2008, 05:11 PM
THATS A SHMAE ABOUT THE MIX UP, BUT NOTHING CAN BE DONE AS ERRORS DO HAPPEN. IF YOUR MOOSE IS AN INDOOR CAT, THEN DECLAWING SHOULD NOT HURT HIM THAT MUCH.

YOU JUST HAVE TO GO WITH THE FLOW SOME TIMES !!!
PLEASE GIVE YOUR MOOSE A FLURRY OF PETS FROM US ALL!!!
:love::love::love::love:

Medusa
10-15-2008, 05:18 PM
With all due respect, I would not be taking the "accidental" declawing as calmly as you are. If they had any doubts whatsoever, they should have checked w/you. Recovery from declawing is painful and years later arthritis can set in and cause problems, too. You can bet that I wouldn't be paying a penny for their services and I probably would be having a chat w/my attorney. I do know that there are cats who haved fared just fine after declawing but I wouldn't want to take the chance. I'm sorry that this happened to Moose, poor boy. Please keep us updated on his healing. Again, I'm sorry that this happened to your cat.

Taz_Zoee
10-15-2008, 05:59 PM
Ok, wait. Was it the vet that got mixed up, or your brother (or whoever took him to the vet) that got mixed up??

momcat
10-15-2008, 06:11 PM
I'm a bit confused. Was it the vet's office that made this awful mistake? If so, consider finding another vet ASAP!

Catlady711
10-15-2008, 06:28 PM
I was a bit confused too if it was the vet or not that did the mix up.:confused:

If the vets office made the mistake you should not be charged for the surgery that was not authorized or any rechecks/meds resulting from it.

If it was the person who took the kitty to the vet then maybe you might consider next time your pets need surgery to take them yourself so there's no confusion.

Either way I'm glad Moose is back home and doing well.

AllAmericanPUP
10-16-2008, 12:22 PM
Sorry, it was my brother that made them the mix up NOT the vet.

It's my brothers cat so I have no say so, but of course I care dearly for Moose since I helped pick him out and the others but now i'm not living with my brother so I dont see the kittys as often.

and NO they will definately NOT be de-clawing the kittens.