PDA

View Full Version : Does your hubby/friend like shopping for clothes?

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-15-2008, 12:46 PM
I am a bit curious! Would be interesting to know if my hubby is an exception;):D

Bernard only goes shopping for clothes
1) together with me
2) if he needs new suits, shirts & ties. We go to his favorite shop, he chooses a few things, tries them on, and if they fit, he is all ready to rush back home :rolleyes:
3) all the rest is for me to take care off:rolleyes:. Well, not his shoes, of course:p

JenBKR
10-15-2008, 12:50 PM
Shawn's not much of a shopper either. When he needs clothes he just stops at the store quickly and buys a few items (without trying them on...). Same with shoes.

prechrswife
10-15-2008, 01:21 PM
When my husband needs something, he goes to the store, finds what he needs, tries it on (if necessary), and buys it. Definitely not a shopper.

Husky_mom
10-15-2008, 01:30 PM
what can I add... LOL

same ol same ol... grab, pay, go home... LOL... the only thing Iīve seen him try on is pants...and just because of sizeage changing from plae to place... shirts, shoes, etc.. just have to be appealing to the eye...

me, in the otherhand have to try EVERYTHING!!!... one thing is when i like something but once on it looks completely different... I have to try on both shoes too... one feet always seem to be tighter :rolleyes:..

but one thing I donīt like going to the fitting room many times so I go one time but with zillion clothes and thatīs it... once I go out of there Iīm done...

Karen
10-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Paul is an efficient and practical shopper - when he needs something, he goes out to the most likely store, finds his size, and buys it. No trying on, no glee, just buys what he needs and is done! He can even buy shoes that way.

I wish I could do the same, but need to try things on, and shoe shopping is always nightmarish, and I avoid it except when necessary.

Glacier
10-15-2008, 02:00 PM
If he doesn't get clothes as gifts, he doesn't buy them. In 10 years I can not remember a single time, Stuart went shopping for clothes. When he needs work gear, I go get it for him.

The only wearable thing he shops for is work boots. He has hard to fit feet.

carole
10-15-2008, 02:21 PM
My husband fits into the I HATE SHOPPING category, i purchase all his clothes from head to toe, and even getting him to come and try some things on is a mission in itself, i often take things home and then take them back if no good,but there has been the occasion where he will do a small shop with me,not too often though.:)

sparks19
10-15-2008, 03:03 PM
He is the "goes to one shop, tries it on, buys it" category... but so am I lol. Clothes shopping is NOT my idea of a good time lol.

shoe shopping however? ;):cool:

Pam
10-15-2008, 03:14 PM
My husband hates to shop for anything (except if it is for some kind of electronic toy :rolleyes: ). If it wasn't for me buying his clothes he would be wearing the same clothes from back in the 60's when we got married. :p Occasionally he will order some things on line from L.L. Bean, but go to a store???? Not gonna happen!

Taz_Zoee
10-15-2008, 03:29 PM
Bruce doesn't necessarily LIKE shopping, but I can't do it for him. Because of his short stature he has to try things on, or at least hold it up to him.
But he does the one stop shopping, in and out. Usually if we go clothes shopping together he comes out with way more things than me. I don't like clothes shopping either.

Marigold2
10-15-2008, 07:12 PM
The only place Steve enjoys shopping is Victoria's Secert, it's the one place where his question is not
"How much did you spend":rolleyes:
It's "What did you buy? :love::love:

Twisterdog
10-15-2008, 09:02 PM
If he doesn't get clothes as gifts, he doesn't buy them. In 10 years I can not remember a single time, Stuart went shopping for clothes. When he needs work gear, I go get it for him.

The only wearable thing he shops for is work boots. He has hard to fit feet.

Ditto here.

If I didn't buy Joe clothes, or he got them as gifts, or promotions from other companies ... he would literally wear the same clothes until they fell off in rags.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-16-2008, 10:13 AM
So there isn't a single man on earth who loves shopping for clothes :eek:??

He he, why doesn't that surprise me ;):p

Sonia59
10-16-2008, 11:02 AM
So there isn't a single man on earth who loves shopping for clothes :eek:??

He he, why doesn't that surprise me ;):p

Well, I am the one who voted for the first option, but I hesitated with "Other". I can not really say that Christophe loves it, but he is always ready to go to several shops and spend a lot of time comparing before buying clothes or shoes. When I am with him, I often ask if he really needs this shirt or that jacket and if he doesn't already have ALMOST the same!!! :D
Even when it is for me, I am the first saying I have enough and want to go home, and he will say "and what about this other shop?":rolleyes:

Killearn Kitties
10-16-2008, 12:20 PM
Alec is somewhere between the first two options. He does buy his own clothes and has a handful of shops that he goes to. He tends to wait until he needs a batch of stuff then goes and buys it all at once.

I know you didn't ask about my dad, but you have reminded me of this story. He was not a shopper. About all he ever said in a shop was "Do you like it? Buy it." The implication being - and lets get outa here. There was one time my mum and I were both looking for a new winter coat. The first shop we went in to, two caught our eye right away, and we tried them on. Instantly came "Do you like it? Buy it." We did, and were back outside the shop in four minutes flat!

My mum bought all of his clothes for him.

critter crazy
10-16-2008, 12:25 PM
Brad (Hubby) hates shopping, unless for junk food. He will constantly whine about not having any clothes but refuses to buy any!! Too bad I hate shopping as well! LOL!!:D

Randi
10-16-2008, 01:49 PM
... and even getting him to come and try some things on is a mission in itself.
This sounds very much like John. He would rarely go shopping for clothes, I usually saw something and either persuaded him to come and try it on, or bought it for him. When he did find some jeans/shirts/etc. he liked, he bought two or three of them, so he didn't have to do it again for a long time.

He did enjoy to go to book shops and gadget shops, though.

RICHARD
10-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Oh LOLOLOLOL,

My dad wore a uniform for his job.

IT was dark blue pants and a gray shirt, As time went on he was given the old pants and shirts from the overall company and dressed in them way after he retired.

Otherwise, mom shopped for his underwear and socks.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-16-2008, 04:56 PM
Well, I am the one who voted for the first option, but I hesitated with "Other". I can not really say that Christophe loves it, but he is always ready to go to several shops and spend a lot of time comparing before buying clothes or shoes. When I am with him, I often ask if he really needs this shirt or that jacket and if he doesn't already have ALMOST the same!!! :D
Even when it is for me, I am the first saying I have enough and want to go home, and he will say "and what about this other shop?":rolleyes:

WOW!!! He is a one-only miracle!! Meaning he must be the only man on earth who loves shopping, :D

CountryWolf07
10-16-2008, 05:44 PM
Shawn's not much of a shopper either. When he needs clothes he just stops at the store quickly and buys a few items (without trying them on...). Same with shoes.

Same with Mike.

Pembroke_Corgi
10-16-2008, 06:05 PM
I voted for the second option, but my husband doesn't hate shopping entirely. He actually tries on his clothes and will sometimes go to more than one store. He will accompany me and occasionally offer helpful advice, and he loves shopping for electronics. I have seen the inside of Compusa and Radio Shack way more than I ever wanted or needed to...

Cinder & Smoke
12-05-2008, 02:04 PM
When he did find some jeans/shirts/etc. he liked, he bought two or three of them,
so he didn't have to do it again for a long time.

Works for me, too! ;)

"Variety?" --- What's that?

Way back - in the 70s - I bought over a dozen Sears Roebuck 'permanent press'
short sleeved shirts - not super expensive, various patterns & stripes.
There were the BEST shirts I ever bought - some lasted over 20 years!
Only shirts I ever had where the 'permanent press' was really Permanent!
And they were USA-AMERICAN Made ... most actually wore thin and some
became almost see-throughs before I'd part with 'em.
Oh for the Good ole Daze to return! :(

jennielynn1970
12-05-2008, 02:25 PM
My ex, Moe, was worse than any girl I have ever met! He LOVES shopping. He's worked at Macy's, Lord and Taylor, and loves loves, loves to go shopping there. He'll try on so many different things and be so fussy. He would always yell at me cause I'd go to find what I was looking for, and that was it. I hated trying on clothes (then again, I've got body image issues, so... that explains a lot). If I didn't know better, I'd swear he's gay.. not kidding, lol!!

Randi
12-05-2008, 03:59 PM
... Sears Roebuck 'permanent press' shirts...
Oh for the Good ole Daze to return! :(
LOL! I take it that those are the ones that don't need ironing? I always hated the material they were made off, I wanted pure cotton. However, John didn't mind, he actually liked them as much as you do, he even had a few items back from the sixties when I met him in 79! I gradually "lost" them in the wash, and when he found out, I'd got him new better ones. ;)

There is one thing I'd like to be able to get, though... pants/jeans with lining inside for when it's getting really cold. Back in the 70ties, I did manage to get some corderoy for John lined with flannel - he wanted three pairs. LOL!

Moesha
12-05-2008, 05:19 PM
You can still buy jeans and pants like that here. LLBean, Land's End and Eddie Bauer all of them on their websites.

Cinder & Smoke
12-05-2008, 05:21 PM
There is one thing I'd like to be able to get, though ...
pants/jeans with lining inside for when it's getting really cold.

Back in the 70ties, I did manage to get some corduroy for John lined with flannel -
he wanted three pairs. LOL!

You don't wear his size? ... Maybe they didn't last 30+ years.

The next time you visit us across the Big Pond, try L.L.Bean
http://www.LLBean.com
They have "Double L Jeans" in 'Misses' Sizes >>>
Catalog # KL35309 = Flannel-Lined for :eek: $50 (US) each pair or
Catalog # KL45860 = Fleece-Lined for :eek: $50 (US) each pair.

I'd hate to think what shipping & Custom's Duty might add to the price.

They're all "Imported" - so you're probably closer to their point of origin
than LL Bean is!
Maybe shop around on the I-net - they ought to be available "over there".

:)

chocolatepuppy
12-05-2008, 06:23 PM
My hubby only buys himself shoes and hats, I buy the rest.;)

BitsyNaceyDog
12-05-2008, 08:42 PM
My hubby only buys himself shoes and hats, I buy the rest.;)
My mother-in-law still buys my husband his shoes and hats. Every Christmas Justin's mom buys him a new pair of shoes and a new hat and they last him the year. Actually he's been wearing the same pair of sneakers for 2 years because last Christmas he got a new pair of work boots.

As for clothes he's a one stop shopper. He goes to the store, gets what he needs, pays, and leaves.

Randi
12-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the links to LLBean. I Must say the second ones in the first row (the ones with red lining) looks rather comfy and warm, but I would dare buy any clothes online, without trying them on first. ;) They do get good reviews though!

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?categoryId=622&catalogId=1&storeId=1&langId=-1&nav=gnro