PDA

View Full Version : Puppies at 4 1/2 wks AND raw feeding..

Spiritwind
10-15-2008, 10:23 AM
Just wanted to share the most recent pictures of my now 4 1/2 wk old Collie puppies...

http://i38.tinypic.com/9hi9no.jpg
Littele Sable Girl and Large Sable girl

http://i38.tinypic.com/qsmd8h.jpg
Large Sable Girl

http://i35.tinypic.com/jr61xu.jpg
Blue Merle Girl #1

http://i35.tinypic.com/n5698o.jpg
Little Sable Girl

http://i33.tinypic.com/29urdwm.jpg
Blue Merle Girl #2

http://i33.tinypic.com/n4bii0.jpg
Sable Boy

And the last couple pictures... over the last few weeks I've been reading up on raw diets, joined some e-mail lists, and talked to some breeders who do raw feeding and wean puppies to raw.. so I finally decided to give it a try and follow what the breeders I've been talking to suggested.. and wean these guys onto a raw diet.... so I am starting to slowly switch dogs over to prey model raw diet. Starting with their mother (paris) as well as Kelsey.. and then weaning the pups on raw. Once I am able to buy larger amounts of meat all at once, I will switch everyone else over... hopefully in the next few weeks...

So here are a couple pictures of the puppies taken yesterday, with their first bone-in chicken breast....

http://i38.tinypic.com/73fejn.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/ettf6s.jpg

The other blue girl didn't get into it to much yesterday.. she only licked the chicken a couple times, never ate anything... but she'll figure it out...

They LOVED it though.. by the time I took up what they didn't eaten they were growling at eachother and trying to steal the chicken from eachother... can't say I've ever had a reaction like that when I've weaned them to kibble!!... The puppies really dug into it more than I expected for their first meal, especially the little runt, she was the first one to really tear into the meat LOL Paris and Kelsey have done good with it so far as well...

CountryWolf07
10-15-2008, 10:26 AM
I have always, always loved Collies! They have such great personalities. My aunt always has had a Rough Collie; in fact, right now she has a tri-color, and his name is Beau, I think. He's such a great dog. He is actually a farm dog. :)

Adorable puppies!!

Spiritwind
10-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks! My very first Collie was a rough tri-color, my grandparents got him for me for xmas back in 1994. He name was Laddie (I know very original but I was only 12 at the time LOL) That started everything! I used to live in ohio, and he came from a breeder in Jackson, OH... but he was an awesome dog!

Husky_mom
10-15-2008, 11:03 AM
how cute and big they are!!.. Large sable girl and Blue girl are still my faves ;)

they look soooo into the chicken :D...adorable!!!...

do you have more pics of them and also blue boy you kept from last time..(canīt remember how you decided to name him LOL)

Shelteez2
10-15-2008, 11:27 AM
how cute and big they are!!.. Large sable girl and Blue girl are still my faves ;)

they look soooo into the chicken :D...adorable!!!...

do you have more pics of them and also blue boy you kept from last time..(canīt remember how you decided to name him LOL)

No no she kept Bryce for me... she's gonna grow him out then send him to me... lol

JenBKR
10-15-2008, 12:07 PM
Oh they are so adorable!

Spiritwind
10-15-2008, 12:26 PM
thanks everyone!

I need to get new pics of the older pups. I actually still have 3 from that litter...

Though Shelteez I changed Bryces name LOL He is now "Cash" but he is staying... then I still have the two blue boys, Ronan and Finn. I had homes for both but they backed out... it happens. Finn MIGHT have a pet home though, I've been talking to a lady interested in him now for a couple weeks....

I took Cash and Ronan to a collie/sheltie puppy match last weekend and they did VERY well... the lady who got their sister also came and she did very well too... Had lots of complements on them... especially Cash. He is just beautiful. I will TRY to get new pictures of them sometime soon.. its not easy anymore, they never hold still....

In november Cash MIGHT get to have his first exposure to sheep though at a herding instinct thing one of the local dog clubs is holding.... can't wait!.. the dog is rather intense and at times CRAZY but I just love that temperament..lol He is very confident, sure of himself, not afraid of anything, and active and NEVER stops moving...lol He is a jumper too.. I've never had one like that before, but he VERY toy motivated, and will take a flyin leap way up in the air to grab his toy lol .. if I ever have the time I want to take him up to flyball practice, just to get him exposed to the environment.....

boomersooner
10-15-2008, 04:45 PM
As always, they are precious!!!!!

lute
10-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Adorable! Raw fed babies are happy babies! I'd love to see pics of the pups you have from your last litter. We still have a pup left from our last litter. He's soooo nice! Really needs a show home. By the time he gets there I'll have him show trained.

So-Crafty
10-15-2008, 09:34 PM
Goodness gracious! They are growing up so quickly and are so adorable! I am still smitten with the sable boy and the large sable girl. The first blue merle (with the split face) is very, very attractive as well. I'm a little iffy on the blue merles, but the way her markings are going, she looks to be quite unique and quite the looker. :love:

It seems they enjoyed their raw food!

HoochsMommiee
10-15-2008, 10:26 PM
aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwww they are sooo adoreable give them a kiss on their wittle nosies from me

Spiritwind
10-16-2008, 08:24 AM
Thanks everyone! Yes, they loved the raw chicken! They have had 2 meals so far (getting ready to give them breakfast now), just once a day for this week.. the rest of the time they get their mom..

Adorable! Raw fed babies are happy babies! I'd love to see pics of the pups you have from your last litter. We still have a pup left from our last litter. He's soooo nice! Really needs a show home. By the time he gets there I'll have him show trained.

Thanks! I'll try to get pics of the older pups at some point. They are rather large these days. roughly 4 1/2 months old I think, and getting close in size to my 2 smaller adult females LOL Cash I just love though, he is going to be a fun puppy to show! As I said before, Finn MIGHT have a pet home... I'd love to find a show home for Ronan, but I've had 2 show people interested in him now, and they back out because they decide they dont want a male, they would rather a bitch... whatever.. its annoying. Oh well, though if the right pet home came along, I'd let him go to a pet home too.

Goodness gracious! They are growing up so quickly and are so adorable! I am still smitten with the sable boy and the large sable girl. The first blue merle (with the split face) is very, very attractive as well. I'm a little iffy on the blue merles, but the way her markings are going, she looks to be quite unique and quite the looker. :love:

It seems they enjoyed their raw food!

Thanks!... I love blues, they are I think my favorite color... its funny on roughs my favorite colors are blues and tris. On smooths my favorite colors are blues and sables LOL Smooth sable puppies are so adorable!.. Its hard to see in the pictures but they are starting to get their masks....

My personal picks are large sable girl, and the blue girl with the split face... though all are REALLY nice and looking great. I think the boy is going to look like Paris' sire, Zack.... and the runt (little sable girl) is the sweetest puppy you'll ever see. Its hard to see from the pics, but she is MUCH smaller than the others... but I just love her little personality.

WELOVESPUPPIES
10-16-2008, 04:32 PM
OMGosh I must have totally missed all this. I did not know you had another litter. I love sabel girl #1!!! What a lovely bunch of pups. I need to check back more often I cannot believe they are this old already and I missed them:eek:

k9krazee
10-18-2008, 10:37 AM
Oh my gosh. WANT.

They are too cute!! :D

Daisy and Delilah
10-18-2008, 12:11 PM
Sorry I missed this too but I'm glad I found it now.

They are so adorable. I love Collies. I want to pick them up and give them a million kisses. Please do the honors for me. I bet that was just the cutest thing to see them tearing at that meat that was bigger than them.:)

Spicy_Bulldog
10-18-2008, 03:37 PM
Awe so cute. I like Collies a lot. Thanks for sharing. They are all cute.

cali
10-18-2008, 03:42 PM
they look so cute with that chicken! has that blue girlie taken to the raw yet?

Spiritwind
10-18-2008, 09:44 PM
Thanks! Yes, they LOVE their raw food!!..

they look so cute with that chicken! has that blue girlie taken to the raw yet?

Oh yes.. she has taken to raw very well now! It did take her till about the 3rd day of feeding it before she really dug in... and to get her really interested I basicly just riped off pieces of meat off the chicken and hand fed it to her.... then she took off... and now I have to throw multiple pieces of chicken in because I started with one breast, which was fine for the first couple days... then 2... but now 3-4 in at a time because the large sable girl, and the blue girl (who wouldn't even eat it in the beginning) won't share LOL They carry off their piece of chicken and won't let the other puppies have any LOL Its pretty entertaining... and that little girl, on my, after she is done eating she has such a fat little stomach...

It takes them no time at all to eat all the meat off the bones.... they clean it pretty good!! LOL