PDA

View Full Version : Is your dog afraid of pizza?

barrycheadle
10-14-2008, 04:49 PM
I always feed my dog scraps of everything I eat and it seems fine but ever since I dropped some barbecue pizza, which it instantly devoured. I have not been able to feed it scraps. I get a killer deal on free pizza hut coupons (http://www.1pizzacoupons.com/page/pizzahut.com). (http://www.1pizzacoupons.com/page/pizzahut.com)

My dog is seriously afraid of pizza. Is yours?

Husky_mom
10-14-2008, 05:22 PM
first of all...

donīt feed your dog scraps.. itīs not good for him... maybe a lil bit every now and then but not all the time...not healthy

second of all...

I just didnīt understood your question... is he afraid of pizza? yet he devourd a piece you dropped?...:confused:

Catlady711
10-14-2008, 05:35 PM
first of all...

donīt feed your dog scraps.. itīs not good for him... maybe a lil bit every now and then but not all the time...not healthy

second of all...

I just didnīt understood your question... is he afraid of pizza? yet he devourd a piece you dropped?...:confused:

I agree with your first part completely!

My understanding of his second part of the question is that it was BBQ pizza and I'm thinking the dog got ill from eating it (lucky it didn't get pancreatitis) and now won't eat any pizza and the poster is worried about that. At least that's how I interpreted the question.

caseysmom
10-14-2008, 10:57 PM
No but tacos freak them out.

luvofallhorses
10-14-2008, 11:12 PM
No my dogs love it but they don't get it a lot. I am a pizza freak. ;)

kfitzp1
10-15-2008, 01:17 PM
From what I understood from your post is that once you gave your dog the BBQ pizza he stopped taking any other food scraps from you, right? I would say he really either didn't like it, or it made him feel ill so he is being wary of taking food now. I would try to intice him with some of his fav's and hopefully he will gradually come around. I know it is not the best to feed scraps but as long as it is not overdone and not all junk I have never had a problem with Valentine. His arteries are probably clearer than mine!:rolleyes:

Kelley and :love:(Valentine)

Cinder & Smoke
10-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Are the Muttz "afraid of Pizza"??

Their only "fear of Pizza" is that they won't get enough the next time we have some!

:D

Daisy and Delilah
10-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Are the Muttz "afraid of Pizza"??

Their only "fear of Pizza" is that they won't get enough the next time we have some!

:D

Same with my girls. They only get bits of crust but they go crazy over it.:) Anything that smells like cheese is always a huge hit here.

CountryWolf07
10-15-2008, 05:22 PM
Same with my girls. They only get bits of crust but they go crazy over it.:) Anything that smells like cheese is always a huge hit here.

Same here. :)

beeniesmom
10-15-2008, 06:48 PM
Did someone say pizza!!!??? :)
Yummers!

CountryWolf07
10-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Did someone say pizza!!!??? :)
Yummers!

The BEST pizza here in Columbus, OH is Adratico's! :) YUMMY.

4 Dog Mother
10-16-2008, 09:16 AM
That is one of the silliest questions ever asked. Scared of Pizza? Yeah, right. I have to go along with Phred too - the only thing they are scared of is not getting enough of it. We always save some crust for them and I don't like sausage on pizza but Carl does. Carl didn't seem to realize I always took the sausage off and gave it to the dogs (even stole pieces off of other pieces still in the box so I would have enough for everybody). When he found out, he grabbed the sausage and ate it himself and said I needed to give them more crust not the good stuff. So now I just make sure he doesn't catch me.

Cinder & Smoke
10-16-2008, 10:14 AM
Carl didn't seem to realize I always took the sausage off and gave it to the dogs
(even stole pieces off of other pieces still in the box ... to have enough for everybody).

When he found out, he grabbed the sausage and ate it himself and said
I needed to give them more crust not the good stuff.

I never let 'em know that Pizza comes with *sausage*!

If I bring home some "extra" from a function, I WILL share any mushrooms with the Muttz.
THEY *like* 'em - I'm not so fond - they *squeek* when ya byte one,
and they're about totally tasteless ... thankfully they don't polute the whole slice!

;)

K9karen
10-16-2008, 10:03 PM
Only people food Mz Logan gets is skinless fruit (apples, plums, peaches) and just 1 piece, and she gets to lick the ice cream bowl (or yogurt bowl since she thinks it's ice cream) She can be sleeping upstairs but knows when I pop the carton out of the freezer. She also gets a fist full of Special K cereal as a nighty night snack.

RB Cody had terrible hip problems, and was a canine garbage can, no thanks to me. He lost 30 pounds after 2 ACL surgeries. To this day, I swear it was my fault he had some kind of intestinal cancer, from the "treats" I gave him.