PDA

View Full Version : Urgent prayers needed for Kelly & family UPDATE 4:30PM

gini
10-14-2008, 04:10 PM
URGENT REQUEST!!

I just received a voice mail at my home from Kelly (Noah's Mommy). Her parent's home is in immediate danger with flames coming down the hill towards their home. Kelly is living at their home now too.

Please offer your prayers that their home will be alright and the firefighters can save it.

I was in my office when she called so I am going to try to call her back. If I have any further news, I will update this thread.

**I just tried to call her back at 2:15 PM my time, and got her voice mail - so I left a message for her.

Yes, prayers for everyone whose home and pets are in danger.

UPDATE - 4:30 PM

I just got off the phone with Kelly and she said that the firefighters had sprayed fire retardent on the hills behind their home so it was a huge help. So for now they are safe. Kelly was on her way home so she will post when she can.

pomtzu
10-14-2008, 04:13 PM
URGENT REQUEST!!

I just received a voice mail at my home from Kelly (Noah's Mommy). Her parent's home is in immediate danger with flames coming down the hill towards their home. Kelly is living at their home now too.

Please offer your prayers that their home will be alright and the firefighters can save it.

I was in my office when she called so I am going to try to call her back. If I have any further news, I will update this thread.

Of course, prayers for their safety coming from here!
My best friend's place is in the line of fire also, so prayers to everybody in possible danger.

Karen
10-14-2008, 04:17 PM
Oh dear, prayers on the way that everyone stays safe!

Laura's Babies
10-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Aw Gee! No matter where you live... Mother Nature makes herself known in one way or another. BIG prayers for all those in that fires path. Keep us posted when you hear anything.

Cinder & Smoke
10-14-2008, 04:30 PM
Hope the Fire Guys (& Gals) get there in time ... and the wind cuts them a break!

Maybe Staci can send her a *TEXT* - but Staci is probably already at work.

?? Tonya ?? Fire up you thumbs ;) and let us know if they're all OK.

RICHARD
10-14-2008, 04:42 PM
The winds have died down in the eastern part of the valley
Some of the TV channels are off of the FIRE WATCH coverage so things arent as serious as they were....I hope.

When they have nonstop reporting on the fires there is reason to be concerned.....:eek:

Prayers sent out her way, anyhow!

gini
10-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Channel 9 showed a flair up in Simi Valley - and I beleive that is where her parent's home is.

lvpets2002
10-14-2008, 04:53 PM
:( Oh No what next for Kelly & the babies.. Lots of Prayers being sent..

shais_mom
10-14-2008, 05:07 PM
oh dear - I haven't heard anything.
Prayers going out there for sure!

ramanth
10-14-2008, 05:16 PM
Many prayers sent!! :love:

shais_mom
10-14-2008, 05:18 PM
I DID JUST send a txt but I'm sure that she's too busy to reply right now. :(

Medusa
10-14-2008, 05:22 PM
The Light of God surrounds Kelly;

The Love of God enfolds her;

The Power of God protects her;

The Presence of God watches over her;

Wherever Kelly is, God is and all is well!

wolflady
10-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks for posting this Gini! I spoke with Kelly briefly before I was pulled into further company meetings, and she was hoping someone would post this request. I've been away from PT for so long and just logged in to post this but you beat me to it! ;)
I hadn't realized the fires were so bad down there (we have some going on up in SF), so lots of prayers are on the way that they don't continue to spread. It seems like Kelly's family is located 1 hill over from where the fires ravaged another neighborhood. If the fire gets to her parents' hill, everyone will have to evacuate quickly. Let's pray this doesn't happen!
:love:

Catlady711
10-14-2008, 05:33 PM
My goodness. I hope everyone is safe and the fire stayes away from the house.

RedHedd
10-14-2008, 05:39 PM
OMG! I hope everyone's safe!

slick
10-14-2008, 07:03 PM
:eek::eek:Oh my gosh, I can't believe this is happening again. Thank God her kitts are safe. They all must be so scared. Mega prayers on the way. :love:

Daisy and Delilah
10-14-2008, 07:12 PM
My thoughts and prayers are going out right away for everybody. Be safe, Kelly and family!!:)

shais_mom
10-14-2008, 07:18 PM
I sent Kel a txt that we were praying for her.
She txted me back "THANK YOU" and she'd call me later.
I told her I was at work and that I may not be able to answer.
She said She'd leave a VM..
but that was 2 hours ago and haven't heard anything.
its possible due to the fires that the cell reception isn't very good?
and internet connection as well?

RICHARD
10-14-2008, 08:06 PM
As of 6:05 PST all evacuation orders have been lifted in the fire areas. GOOD NEWS.

zippy-kat
10-14-2008, 08:22 PM
I've been away from the computer all day. Thank goodness all is well right now. Regardless, I'm sending prayers for safety. It must be so scary!

NoahsMommy
10-14-2008, 08:43 PM
THANK YOU SO MUCH for your prayers and good wishes! :) You are all wonderful!

We are OK...hopefully for good. ALL roads coming into ALL neighborhoods over here are closed. Only residents are allowed in. Thank goodness my car was registered with my parents address, because my license has my old address on it. You can only get in with ID.

We can see the flames from our place and we're watching the planes and helicopters dropping water on the fire. Its really neat watching them do that.

There are a ton of fire engines, police cars and fire/police persons around.

We feel pretty safe.....although my mom just said the wind just picked up and they can see some flair ups. Continued prayers are much appreciated. (thank you!!)

May God Bless all those affected by these fires....especially the fire fighters and police officers (etc) that are so amazing throughout all this.

Lots of Love,
Kelly, Mom & Jerry

xoxoxo

shais_mom
10-14-2008, 09:10 PM

Tonya and I are on the way! ;)
:p
great to talk to you tonight Kel- I'm so glad you and mom/Jerry are safe.
Much :love::love::love::love::love: sent

jennielynn1970
10-14-2008, 10:23 PM
Oh my gosh. I hope things will continue to be ok!! I can't imagine being in that situation. It must be so scary!!

Will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

NoahsMommy
10-14-2008, 11:27 PM
Tonya and I are on the way! ;)
:p
great to talk to you tonight Kel- I'm so glad you and mom/Jerry are safe.
Much :love::love::love::love::love: sent

You are too cute!! Yea, its nice in that aspect around here. YUMMY!!!! :) Heros AND Hot!!! What a fabulous combo!! THE perfect guy(s)!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

NoahsMommy
10-14-2008, 11:34 PM
I'm off to bed a bit early tonight because I was in the ER (again! woohoo!) very, very early this morning - approx 12:30 until 4:30 a.m. - due to my fabulous Crohn's acting up again. Good news is that I saw my doc this afternoon and he added a few new medications to stop this horrible cycle. I'm also starting a low dose of a Medrol Dose Pack (solu-medrol), which is a steroid, but doesn't cause the weight gain like the Prednisone did, thankfully.

Anyway, fire update:

While we can still see approx. 8 to 10 hot spots, they are VERY small compared to the large flames we were seeing earlier this afternoon/evening. The winds are still a blowing, but the fires close up to my parent's housing development look like they are smallish and being watched, if not taken care of, by our Angels - these AMAZING Fire Fighters!

If you can, please say a prayer for all these wonderful people helping to stop these fires - fire fighters, police, ambulence/emts, doctors, the Red Cross, volunteers, churches, schools, pilots, residents, etc, etc, etc. They are truly wonderful blessings to us all in these fearful times.

I'll update in the morning, OK??? Thank you all for your love and concern.

Hugs,
Kelly, Mom and Jerry

Cinder & Smoke
10-14-2008, 11:53 PM
We can see the flames from our place and
we're watching the planes and helicopters dropping water on the fire.

Kelly *IS* kind 'close' to the Sesnon Fire ... like less than 2 miles west of the
latest fire map perimeter! That's CLOSE!

Here's the latest Cal Fire map of the Sesnon Fire >>>
http://www.fire.ca.gov/downloads/incidents/Sesnon_Fire_101408.pdf

Kelly's Folks live in a newer development that's not fully shown on this map;
her house is about a mile north of the Route 118 marker on the upper portion of the map -
and about 1-2 miles west of the Sesnon Fire perimeter!

Here's the Cal Fire Incident summary page >>>
http://www.fire.ca.gov/index_incidents_sesnon.php
* Total Personnel working the Sesnon Fire = 2, 338
* 243 Firefighting Engines (Fire Trucks)
* 9 Wildfire Crews (10-20 person teams cutting fire lines by HAND)
* 2 Watertenders(2-3000 gallon water haulers)
* 18 Dozers (Modified Fire Dozers to cut fire lines off-road)
* 4 Helicopters (for recon and making aerial water drops on the fire)

** COST to fight Sesnon Fire for 2 days (so far) = $2.5 MILLION !! :eek:

Let's all Pray for a quiet, wind-free night, and a low-wind day tomorrow!
:love:

NoahsMommy
10-15-2008, 12:28 AM
Evacuations:
Evacuations for Residents in: North of Bell Canyon, Box Canyon, Bell Canyon, Woolsey Canyon, Lake Manor, Dayton Canyon, Browns Canyon, Twin Lakes area, West of Valley Circle, and Tapo Canyon in Simi Valley. <--- We are between Tapo Canyon and Yosemite freeway exits! We get off at Tapo Canyon to come home...

An evacuation center has been established at the Shepherd of the Hill in Porter Ranch.

Road Closures: 118 Fwy from Resida to Sterns; and Lilac Lane/ Box Canyon Road / Valley Circle from Plummer to Ingomar / Tapo Canyon Road. <-- The 118 Freeway is right next to where we live. Sterns is right after Tapo Canyon Road, going east, and after Yosemite, going west. The 118 was closed all yesturday, but I didn't know it was closed again. Hmm. I figured Tapo Canyon Rd would be closed as that road not only comes to our area, but going straight, ends up in the mountains BEHIND us. The fire is currently in hills/mountains to the EAST of us.

Thanks for this update, Phred. That link to the map says its from 7:00 this morning (07:00), so that fire is MUCH closer. At 10:30 a.m. the fire burnt that entire mountain between Simi Valley and Topanga/Chatsworth, increasing the total acres burnt to over 13,000. The fire is now on the hill directly behind our development - I think 2 miles or less is very accurate.

The only bad news currently is that the wind is blowing! I can hear it and all our doors/windows are closed and locked (double paned). :( I hope they die down ASAP!! Weatherbug say they're at 13 mph, but the wind and temp gauge isn't up here on the hills with us, its down in the middle of town at some school. I'd say the winds outside now look and sound about 30 to 40 mph! :eek:

Wow! We sure know friends in high places, you got GREAT info!!! :) :) :)

(((((((((((((Phred))))))))))))) Thank you so much. This is very helpful.

OK, now I'm off to bed. Love you!!!

Laura's Babies
10-15-2008, 07:30 AM
This is so scarey! I hope everyone is safe this morning!! Prayers still flowing!

moosmom
10-15-2008, 08:01 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to Kelly, her kitties and her family.

4 Dog Mother
10-15-2008, 09:24 AM
How scary! I am praying for Kelly and her family and all the other families as well as all the ones out there trying to stop the fires and protect the people. What a huge job! I can't even imagine how it would feel to know that your home and everything in it may be destroyed by the fires.

When Carl was in the Army some 30+ years ago and stationed at Ft. Huachuca Az., which is based at the base of the Huachuca mountains, fires broke out there. While no homes were threatened, the fires had to be put out and so the Army got involved and Carl's unit was sent up to work on making fire breaks etc. It was very scary knowing he was up there - I could see the fires from our windows and especially at night, it was very frightening. It wasn't until later I found out that he and his unit got caught in an area where the fire changed courses and came back at them. From our windows you could see the planes drop the water and flame retardant. I was so glad when he came home!

NoahsMommy
10-15-2008, 09:47 AM
Good Morning, All! :)

We had a good night, in that the fire seems to be nearly or all out over night. The winds are horrible this morning and are westbound (towards us), but I don't seem much flame and only white smoke - so that's good.

I haven't left home yet, so I'm not sure if our roads are still blocked.

When I get home later this afternoon, I'll update more.

Thanks again for the prayers and good thoughts.

Hugs,
Kelly, Mom & Jerry

xoxoxoxo

Daisy and Delilah
10-15-2008, 12:22 PM
I'm glad to hear you're safe, Kelly. Thanks for checking in. Take care and stay safe!!:)

phesina
10-15-2008, 04:22 PM
Continuing prayers for you all..