PDA

View Full Version : Just had a scare...

beeniesmom
10-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Wow, talk about stress.
I walked in the den about an hour and a half ago and found Frankie pawing at his face. The side of his nose was so swollen it split and was oozing pus and the other had hard purple bumps.

I immediately gave him a Benedryl and called the vet who said that they couldn't see him for a few hours but to come in so a tech could look at him.

I plopped him in the car and within the 20 minutes it took me to get there, his face became normal again and all that was left was the split on the side of his nose. Eevn the bumps went away.

The vet tech said he looked fine and that it was probably a fire ant bite.

I had no idea Benedryl worked so quickly.

From the looks of it I could have sworn he got bit by a brown recluse or scorpion.

I was too panicked at the moment to take a picture.

I am so glad he is fine now. He sleeping in my lap as I write this. :rolleyes:

CathyBogart
10-14-2008, 02:12 PM
How scary!! Poor Frankie!! I'm so glad you knew to give him a Benadryl, and that everything turned out well.

Ginger's Mom
10-14-2008, 02:15 PM
Aww, I am sure that your quick reaction helped to get it before it had a chance to really cause problems. I am glad that the Benedryl helped. Keep an eye on the little guy and keep us informed.

CountryWolf07
10-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Wow! What a scare.

SO glad he's okay!! :) Pet him on the head for me. Anna used to always get stung by bees on her nose.. so her muzzle would be swollen... she never learns her lesson every time.

sparks19
10-14-2008, 03:05 PM
awww poor Frankie. what did you get into little guy.

I'm glad he seems to be better now.

Husky_mom
10-14-2008, 03:06 PM
glad he got fina again... and it was just a scare.. but we donīt want any kind of scares do we?...

hopefully it was a bite and not some allergic reaction to something he regularly has....

wishing a fine recovery to his split nose.. *smooch*

Pam
10-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Good for you even being able to type after that! My hands would probably have been shaking too much. We are all so glad that Frankie is OK. My goodness our pupsters do age us at times!

beeniesmom
10-14-2008, 03:39 PM
It's strange. He seems ok but I am starting to notice some swelling again on his face.
I'm keeping an eye on him.

boomersooner
10-14-2008, 04:53 PM
goodness!! fire ants are terrible little creatures!!!!!!! I hate them.......I'm glad he is okay!!!

Daisy and Delilah
10-14-2008, 06:37 PM
OMG Carmen!!! I'm so scared for you and Frankie. Please keep us updated!! Get Well Little Buddy!!:(

caseysmom
10-14-2008, 06:53 PM
Wow how scary, he may need benadryl for a day or two.

chocolatepuppy
10-14-2008, 08:01 PM
How scary! Thank goodness the little guy is ok. I always have Benadryl here for the dogs.