PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here take Tramadol???

moosmom
10-14-2008, 10:16 AM
My doctor prescribed Tramadol(and analgesic) for this awful pain I've had in my back for the last 2 days. I took it yesterday and another one before bed (I'm supposed to take it 4 times a day as needed for pain). I woke up ITCHING!!!! It reminded me of when I had my hysterectomy and they gave me morphine for pain. Same exact side effect. I got up and took a benedryl which helped take the itching away.

I have a call into my doctor. My back is still hurting but I'm too scared to take the stuff.

Anyone else have this experience??

Medusa
10-14-2008, 11:45 AM
I've taken it but w/no side effects. As a matter of fact, w/no effect whatsoever. It was like taking a placebo. Feel better, girl.

joycenalex
10-14-2008, 11:57 AM
stop taking it until you hear from your doctor, itching is an allergic response. i'm on it 4 times a day, takes the sciatica/back pain down about 50% for me.

moosmom
10-14-2008, 02:58 PM
I called him and he said to stop taking it. He also gave me something else to take at night before bedtime as well as pain patches which I'm going to apply right now. I also have sciatica but that isn't what's bothering me. I wonder if it has something to do with me carrying a 40 lb bag of cat litter up 3 flights of stairs? Hey, it ain't gonna get up the stairs by itself.

Medusa
10-14-2008, 03:12 PM
I called him and he said to stop taking it. He also gave me something else to take at night before bedtime as well as pain patches which I'm going to apply right now. I also have sciatica but that isn't what's bothering me. I wonder if it has something to do with me carrying a 40 lb bag of cat litter up 3 flights of stairs? Hey, it ain't gonna get up the stairs by itself.

Yep, that'll do it alright. Unfortunately, I can't always carry those heavy items any more either, five 40# bags of salt for my softener is one example. Sometimes I have to pay a few cents more to buy several smaller sizes. Three flights of stairs yet? Ugh!

pomtzu
10-14-2008, 03:17 PM
I wonder if it has something to do with me carrying a 40 lb bag of cat litter up 3 flights of stairs?

Heck - I couldn't even get a 40 lb bag off the shelf and into the cart!!! :p

joycenalex
10-14-2008, 05:26 PM
donna, what about getting a luggage carrier, kinda like a hand truck to carry the bags upstairs?

moosmom
10-15-2008, 08:20 AM
I was thinking about using the kitty stroller. It's got wheels and serves the same purpose as a dollie.

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-15-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm taking Tramadol for my back pain! 3 X Tramadol 200 perday; I am taking it since nearly 3 years now, but never had any itching...

carole
10-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Donna i was prescribed this pain relief for a migraine if i remember rightly, it was the worst drug i have ever taken, i did not have the same reaction as you, but it affected how my brain worked, i could not function properly, even to pick up the phone and make a phone call, i will never take it again, unless through necessity, however i might add i am extremely sensitive to drugs, so could be why in my particular case,glad you are going off it though.