PDA

View Full Version : Digi, Off to the Vet

king2005
10-14-2008, 09:43 AM
I think since I discovered her Allergy to Beef she has put on a lot of weight! I can no longer easily feel her spine & her chest feels a lot less boney. She is also laying on my lap a LOT more & I swear she is rounder.

This is all GREAT news as I have always felt she was WAY too skiny & its not overly pleasing petting a skeleton dog.

So starting today she'll be going to the vet once a week to get weighed to see if shes gaining & to make sure its not too fast & not too much. I don't want her to get fat.

I hope this means I can start running her more often, as I stopped running her daily as she was loosing far too much weight & looked sickly. The vet has told me 100 times Digi's weight is fine, stop worring. But I like a little meat on my dog & I don't like being accused of starving her or people thinking shes sick just becuase shes crazy thin.

I'm hoping she'll reach 30lbs & that'll be the max weight I want her at. So hopefully I'll be able to find a healthy balance of food intake & running now that she seems to be able to put on weight :D

Karen
10-14-2008, 10:45 AM
That's a good sign, that she's able to gain weight again. Be good at the vet's office, Digi!

king2005
10-14-2008, 03:24 PM
That's a good sign, that she's able to gain weight again. Be good at the vet's office, Digi!

Digi LOVES the vets office! If I go in & don't bring her I get scoled by the staff, as Digi is 1 very popular girl there :) Thats where she gets so many of her Bandanas. The maker gives me one from time to time so Digi can stay in style hehehe

king2005
10-14-2008, 08:11 PM
The good news is that shes back to her last weigh in, 26lbs. I know she had lost weight as I could feel her spine.. But that has gone away in the last week or so. The techy noticed a difference as well. Digi has more body mass in areas she had non/little before.

They are glad that I spotted the allergy & that she is indeed putting on weight. They cannot wait to see her next week :)