PDA

View Full Version : The Kiss Of Death

lizbud
10-14-2008, 09:10 AM
This Republican candidate must really be desperate enough to try anything.
He is a candidate seeking to replace another Republican who is quitting amid
ethics violations.:rolleyes: And he picks Cheney to campaign for him???

Cheney to campaign in Illinois for Ozinga
Associated Press
3:54 PM CDT, October 13, 2008

HOMER GLEN, Ill. - Vice President Dick Cheney will be in Illinois campaigning for Republican Marty Ozinga in a tight House race where a GOP seat is up for grabs.

Cheney is to attend a private fundraiser Wednesday at Ozinga's house in the Chicago suburb of Homer Glen. Ozinga's campaign manager says the event is closed to media.

Ozinga is challenging Democratic state Sen. Debbie Halvorson in what both parties call a tight race to replace exiting Republican Congressman Jerry Weller.

Weller isn't seeking an eighth term amid ethics questions.

RICHARD
10-14-2008, 10:22 AM
Like, what kind of ethics violations?

EV is a kind of nebulous charge.....When I hear that I laugh because it can mean stealing from the office kitty to having relations with Saguaro Cactus near a day care center.

:confused:

lizbud
10-14-2008, 11:54 AM

EV is a kind of nebulous charge.....When I hear that I laugh because it can mean stealing from the office kitty to having relations with Saguaro Cactus near a day care center.

Geeze, You want me to do all the work?:rolleyes:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-wellersep07,0,7958856.story

DJFyrewolf36
10-14-2008, 03:56 PM

From now on I'm going to laugh when I hear that too...:rolleyes::D

In Nevada, there isn't "ethics violations"...the last person accused of something like that ended up dead from a heart attack not too far afterwards. (No Joke http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathy_Augustine)
They hint at the murder being unrelated but living in the capitol it sure seemed rather coincedental.

RICHARD
10-14-2008, 04:37 PM
From now on I'm going to laugh when I hear that too...:rolleyes::D

In Nevada, there isn't "ethics violations"...the last person accused of something like that ended up dead from a heart attack not too far afterwards. (No Joke http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kathy_Augustine)
They hint at the murder being unrelated but living in the capitol it sure seemed rather coincedental.

Did I see that on Court TV?

YEP, same case..... That was a crazy one!

-----------

So this repub was a thief.....which politician isn't?

The thing that is a gas about EVs is that-if you read 1984-it's a non threatening wordplay that makes the person sound like they really haven't done anything wrong.

Pedophile? Womanizer? Drunk? Cheater? Thief?

Is this the way you answer on your application?

REASON YOU LEFT JOB ABOVE
"Oh, I have a little problem with my ethics."

Call a spade a spade.

He was stealing money and buying dirt in another country.

Now, Let's try to define Community Organizer.:confused::eek:

------------

Here's another clue as to why the 'criminal code words' work for some people and not us.

MONEY!

I can assure you that the media will hammer my arse if I become a newsworthy criminal. If I have money, it becomes a matter of ethics.

lizbud
10-14-2008, 04:48 PM
The man running for the Repubs thinks "Darth Vader" would boost his votes?

No wonder, the event is closed to the media. It would be a riot.:)