PDA

View Full Version : The kitties send greetings

Prairie Purrs
10-13-2008, 11:44 PM
As I explained in the Introductions thread, I've changed user names to commemorate my move to the Prairie State. Things have gone pretty smoothly--the cats and I have settled into our nice little house, and the fish pond in the backyard is populated with seven adult goldfish and an uncertain number of young'uns.

Kiri, who was so sick a year ago, is doing remarkably well. She's eating well, she insists on her share of lap time, and all in all she's in pretty good shape for 15.

I'm concerned about Kacey, who's having tummy troubles. He's having coughing or gagging spells, although he generally doesn't vomit anything up. The vet has him on a daily dose of a solution of Pepcid and water, and it's about time for another checkup. He's eating OK (by Kacey standards--he's never been a big eater). But he's 15 too, so I worry.

Here's Kacey cuddling with "little" Caly, who's all grown up now. He's a wacky beast who occasionally drags my undergarments out of the laundry into the living room. And somehow his toys always wind up in the middle of the bed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/PLynn257/cats-pond003.jpg

And here's Hagrid in my reading chair:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/PLynn257/cats-pond007.jpg

And a bonus photo of some of the pond fish:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v150/PLynn257/pond908003.jpg

Scooter's Mom
10-14-2008, 12:01 AM
It's so nice to see you and the babies again!

Welcome "Home".

"Mwah" ... kisses to all the furbabies.

DJFyrewolf36
10-14-2008, 12:48 AM
Welcome back! Thanks for giving us a bit of an uppydate!

Anikaca77
10-14-2008, 07:04 AM
Welcome Back!

Your babies are soo cute!

Medusa
10-14-2008, 07:26 AM
Welcome back. Nice to see your fur and fish family. :)

lvpets2002
10-14-2008, 09:27 AM
:love: Welcome Back && your babies are just as Adorable as ever..

Taz_Zoee
10-14-2008, 09:47 AM
Welcome back!! And the first pic of Kacey and Caly cuddling is too darn cute!! :D :D

Killearn Kitties
10-14-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi beautiful furbabies. :love:
My girls all have their paws crossed that Kacey's tummy settles down soon. Poor boy.

Prairie Purrs
10-14-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks, everyone! :)

I'll have to take some new photos of the rest of the crew. Bob is still extremely shy and remains devoted to Hagrid. Lily keeps the boys in line and has a mad crush on the son of a friend of mine, who cat-sat for me recently during an out-of-town weekend.

Angel is the only one who can jump all the way to the top of the kitchen cabinets, which is exactly where he flies any time he senses that a trip to the v-e-t is imminent. Gatsby owns my home office and still doesn't get along with the other cats, although he adores my sister. He gets more lap time than anybody because I work at home.

jenluckenbach
10-14-2008, 04:12 PM
OH Kasey, Seeing your wonderful face makes my day. :love: :love: (and the other beauties too)

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-15-2008, 03:40 AM
I love your gorgeous cats!!