PDA

View Full Version : Update on Scout's vet visit

jazzcat
10-13-2008, 03:08 PM
Turns out my little girl is having a kidney stone flair up. There's a high count of red blood cells in her urine and it's not a bladder infection, it's the kidney stones. On top of that her upper canine tooth is still red and a little loose but at least not abscessed anymore so she's on another round of antibiotics for the tooth and the kidneys. Poor little orangie. At least now I know why she peed in the dining room. Gotta love that "Pee Cam".

Please send my little girl some healing thoughts and prayers. I know the power of PT prayers.

I posted this picture of her recently but wanted to share again.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/IMG_0671.jpg

kimlovescats
10-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Lori, I haven't been keeping up with the posts here. I didn't realize you caught Scout on the pee cam! It's great that you did so you would know about her stones!

Gentle kisses and purrs to little Scouty Roo!!!

Felicia's Mom
10-13-2008, 04:00 PM
Sending prayers and positive vibes to Scout! I hope she feels better soon.

Laura's Babies
10-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Awwwww!! So that was the problem, poor baby! It's just a good thing you were concerned enough and cared enough to find out WHO and WHY!

Donnaj4962
10-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Gotta love that peecam! I am so glad that you were able to get her to the vets and get her the medicine she needs.

Prayers from me and the girls here in Indiana for a quick recovery.

Catty1
10-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Can they get rid of kidney stones in cats with ultrasound, like they can in humans? (If I remember right).

Poor widdle girl - I hope she feels better SOON! *kisses on orangie forehead* :love:

Medusa
10-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Aw, kidney stones can be painful, poor sweet little girl. Prayers going up that Scout will be healed once and for all so that life can get back to normal. :)

jazzcat
10-13-2008, 05:19 PM
Can they get rid of kidney stones in cats with ultrasound, like they can in humans? (If I remember right).

Yes they can at the University of TN Veterinary Hospital with laser and ultrasound but my vet said they mostly do dogs there, it's apparently harder on cats. She said it can cause some kidney damage plus the broken stones will go into the bladder and then another surgery to remove them from the bladder is required. She said it was a lot of surgery and hard on the kitty.

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers.

momcat
10-13-2008, 05:43 PM
Please know that many payers are being prayed for sweet little Scout. She's absolutely adorable! Could I ask you to give her some feel better scritchies and lovies from me? :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

catmandu
10-13-2008, 06:54 PM
NOT ONLY PRAYERS BUT LOBSTER MEAT, ROAST BEEF AND CHEESE ARE COMING FOR SUPER SCOUT :)FROM US ALL.:love:
AND OF COURSE SCOUT IS IN OUR PRAYERS.
WE HOPE SHES:cool: RUNNING AND JUMPING ABOUT VERY SOON.:love::cool:

cassiesmom
10-13-2008, 07:31 PM
Scout, sweet orangie girl, I'm glad the camera spotted a problem. Feel much better *kissie for sweet head*!

rg_girlca
10-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Poor dear sweet Scout. I have to say though that your picture just melts my heart with those pretty soft green eyes of yours.

Take your medication like a good girl so you can get rid of those nasty kidney stones.

Smart girl there Lori for setting up the pee cam.

Prayers and healing thoughts on the way that Scout starts to feel better soon and won't pee anywhere anymore. She just wanted to let you know that she wasn't feeling well. Poor baby.

Give her soft kisses and hugs for me too please.:)

jennielynn1970
10-13-2008, 10:01 PM
Awe... poor Scout. I hope she will feel better soon.

Her picture is just gorgeous. Her eyes look so pretty with her fur.. so green.

Kisses and soft pets to sweet Scout. Feel better sweetie.

krazyaboutkatz
10-14-2008, 12:43 AM
Lori, I'm so sorry to hear about sweet little Scout.:( I hope that she'll start feeling better soon and that she'll make a quick recovery too.

Anikaca77
10-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Prays being sent your way for Scout!

Cataholic
10-15-2008, 11:23 AM
It would probably make me feel a little better to know that it is medical rather than behavioural. Will the medication break up the stones? What kind of stones? How is the Odorxit, have you had a chance to use it yet?

NoahsMommy
10-15-2008, 11:26 AM
Aww, sweet Scout. ((((((gentle hugs for you and your meowmie)))))

We hope you feel better very soon and those medicines work real quickly for you.

Lots of Love,
Kelly & Kits

jazzcat
10-15-2008, 06:59 PM
It would probably make me feel a little better to know that it is medical rather than behavioural. Will the medication break up the stones? What kind of stones?
As long as making her feel better makes her stop peeing then I am happier. I couldn't take another behavioral problem.

The med she is taking is clavamox just to treat any infection caused by the stones. There isn't really much that can be done about the stones. My vet said the UT Vet Clinic uses ultrasound and laser to break them up in dogs but it's apparently harder on cats. The clinic cat at my vet's office has had kidney stones for the past 8 years and she does okay. They treat any infections with antibiotics and the stones have now caused kidney damage so she gets regular sub-q fluids. She's about 15 -16 years old now so that's pretty darn good.

Medusa
10-15-2008, 08:10 PM
She's about 15 -16 years old now so that's pretty darn good.

That's for sure! Prayers for continued improvement.....