PDA

View Full Version : Death Count is rising *cries*

king2005
10-13-2008, 10:04 AM
I feel horrible! I've never had this happen to any of the fish tanks I have had since I was 7yrs old :(

I found another floater. It was the rescued Black Skirt Tetra :( It very well could have been old age as I have no idea how old he is, but I doubt it. I'm sure its from when the filter wasn't functioning all night the other day.

In the past 2 weeks I've lost 3 fish, 1 frog :( My last frog isn't looking good at all. I've tried to catch him, but hes too fast, then he goes into hiding. I cannot move the decor out of the way cause that'll expose all the fish to Sharkey's deadly head butting.

All the fish look close to death. I'm doing my best to save them all, but I think the death count will get higher before the tank resets *cries*

king2005
10-13-2008, 10:50 AM
Found a Kuli Loach trying to beach its self.. I managed to catch him & get him into my 10gal. I just hope he doesn't kill Mr. Shrimp by the time I can put him back into the 90gal.

IRescue452
10-13-2008, 11:24 AM
Did you test the water? I've had filters stop working for a few days before finding out and it didn't affect the water.

king2005
10-13-2008, 11:32 AM
Did you test the water? I've had filters stop working for a few days before finding out and it didn't affect the water.

The filter has been malfunctioning for a while. I have to do a lot of water changes to keep up. But my stupid apt. building is also trying to BBQ us all alive in here, so the tank is over heating. With the filter puking for that night & the heat + having large fish (little tetras are very different compaired to what I keep), it was a deadly cocktail :(

I think I have things balanced out, but I know all the good backtera is all dead, so I have to wait until it resets. The chemicals I use helps, but its not perfect.

Karen
10-13-2008, 11:41 AM
Aww, don't beat yourself up, you are doing the best you can. And in the wild, they likely would have been eaten by somebody else and had a much shorter life span anyway.

king2005
10-13-2008, 11:48 AM
Aww, don't beat yourself up, you are doing the best you can. And in the wild, they likely would have been eaten by somebody else and had a much shorter life span anyway.

True enough, but they are still my babies. I would be crush if Sharkey or one of my foot long Plecos die! They are my fav fish in there.