PDA

View Full Version : When Puppies Play, It's Ladies First

lizbud
10-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Interesting study of how male/female puppies play.:)

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/27102810/?GT1=43001

lute
10-12-2008, 02:57 PM
That's pretty cool. Very interesting.

critter crazy
10-12-2008, 03:02 PM
I know this story is about puppies, but with my Kittens (2 males and 2 females) the boys and girls always pair up, and the girls are always kicking butt. I found it funny, but now after reading this article, it is very interesting!:)

lizbud
10-12-2008, 04:17 PM
I know this story is about puppies, but with my Kittens (2 males and 2 females) the boys and girls always pair up, and the girls are always kicking butt. I found it funny, but now after reading this article, it is very interesting!:)

I wonder if anyone ever did a study on how cats play? It would be interesting to see if it was true of female & male kitties.:)

Ginger's Mom
10-13-2008, 07:36 AM
Cute story. It is very interesting. And it probably would have been something fun to research, too. :)

4 Dog Mother
10-13-2008, 09:19 AM
I find that very interesting because of Tucker and Pippi and Sierra. Tucker will start the play usually but he is always being rolled by Pippi and Sierra. He spends more time in the submission position than any other way when he is playing with them. But interesting enough when he plays with Taggert he NEVER submits and will keep coming back at Taggert biting at his ears which makes Taggert made but who still won't put Tucker in his place like he needs to do so Tucker will leave him alone. With the bigger girl dogs, Destiny, Dakota, and Dazzi, he leaves Destiny and Dazzi alone most of the time except when he is feeling really feisty. They have both put him down in a not playing way when he comes at them because he can be a bully. Interestingly enough he challenges Dakota all the time. He jumps at her throat and then takes off running - outside she can chase him, in the house, she knows she can't because she is too big. Outside rather than submit to her, he runs behind bushes or trees too close to the house for her to get to him from. It can be a hoot but then it can be darn scary because if she would ever step on him when she is running, well, I am not sure how well he would come out of it.