PDA

View Full Version : My boss Grrrr. .

davidpizzica
10-12-2008, 09:36 AM
I'm having my dental surgery tomorrow and believe it or not he expected me to come to work the next day! I told him that I'll have a very sore mouth the next day and he told me to get a note from the doctor saying I could take the next day off! My boss, one in a million (thank goodness!)

blue
10-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Sounds about like my boss. We had just gotten Tboned in the work van and instead of having us go get checked out medicaly he made us go start a new job.

davidpizzica
10-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Sounds about like my boss. We had just gotten Tboned in the work van and instead of having us go get checked out medicaly he made us go start a new job.

Blue, I'm a golf course groundskeeper and my boss thinks that if my arms & legs still move and I'm still breathing I can come to work! I hope you guys were alright after the accident. I was t-boned by an idiot running thru a red light so I know what it feels like.

moosmom
10-12-2008, 03:14 PM
What a jerk!! I'm glad you got a note from your dentist. I dread calling out at my job because they ALWAYS give you a difficult time, even knowing they aren't supposed to.

jennielynn1970
10-12-2008, 08:22 PM

Ummmm... that's called Worker's Compensation. You're injured on the job, you go get checked out by a doctor, and it's billed to the company's insurance for those types of things.

If boss declines to pay for the medical treatment, it's called a lawsuit. I did billing and collections for 5-6 years and had to deal with Worker's Comp, Auto, Personal Injury.

Just make sure you get checked out and make sure your boss knows he's responsible for covering treatment.

blue
10-12-2008, 08:27 PM
Ummmm... that's called Worker's Compensation. You're injured on the job, you go get checked out by a doctor, and it's billed to the company's insurance for those types of things.

If boss declines to pay for the medical treatment, it's called a lawsuit. I did billing and collections for 5-6 years and had to deal with Worker's Comp, Auto, Personal Injury.

Just make sure you get checked out and make sure your boss knows he's responsible for covering treatment.

WC paid for the months of chiropractic treatments I went through, its just I would have rather started it right then and not after the work day.

Marigold2
10-12-2008, 09:42 PM
You will be in my thoughts............... Look at it this way...
If you were at home it would hurt just as much. And you might be temped to eat..........The time will go much faster at work, you get paid and by the time 5 pm rolls around you will feel better and be ready for dinner, a good movie and some PT. :p Blessings

K9karen
10-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Salt of the Earth.

What goes around, comes around.

DJFyrewolf36
10-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Aww Im sorry your boss stinks! My boss has been really great with me knowing I can't do nearly as much right away (having a baby is hard work! :p)

smokey the elder
10-13-2008, 10:41 AM
What a putz.