PDA

View Full Version : **Gracie update**

lute
10-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Gracie is eating a little more readily. About a cup a day now! Although it still has to be VERY appealing. She will eat a few kinds of canned food. She eats Pedigree very well. I hate feeding her Pedigree, but as long as she is eating something I don't care. She is totally blind and confused because of it. I have to be with her at all times when she's not in her crate as she becomes lost and disoriented and just lies down. She also has a lot of oozy gunk coming from her eyes. Still giving her meds and praying for the best.

-----------------------------

Gracie,

You were my first very own dog. My first show dog. My first best friend. My first big responsibility. You mean so much to me. I couldn't imagine my life without you. You feel bad right now and I'm sorry. I just want you to know I am doing everything in my power to make you comfortable and get you well. Although I feel as if I can do more. The doctors say there is nothing. I worry about you every minute of the day. Scared that every day will be our last. When I look into your eyes knowing you look back at me I start to cry. You look so empty. So lost. I cannot bring myself to let you go. I know you are a fighter and that we have a long road ahead of us. I know that we have been through thick and thin together and can tackle this feat. I promise you, my dog, that someday we will once again go hiking, chase geese, get ice cream on our way home and do everything you use to love to do. I just wish you could understand how much I love you and how much I am trying to help.

Love,
Mom

--------------------------------------------

To CyberSibes, I have been taking a lot of pics of Gracie lately like you said. Although I cannot bring myself to put them on the computer yet. She is so thin and pitiful looking.

boomersooner
10-12-2008, 09:40 AM
God Bless You, litte Gracie

Ginger's Mom
10-12-2008, 09:57 AM
I don't think I knew that Gracie had gone blind. I am sorry to hear that things are not going well. I will keep Gracie in my prayers.

cyber-sibes
10-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Big hugs to Gracie, poor girl. A cup of food a day is pretty good, though, for a husky. Star usually only eats between 3/4 to 1 1/2 cup of food a day, so a cup sounds good considering she wasn't eating anything. More prayers & sibe vibes coming her way.

Taz_Zoee
10-13-2008, 09:35 AM
AWww, I'm thinking of Gracie and hoping she pulls through this.