PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts needed for Alize' next week, please.

molucass
10-10-2008, 10:50 PM
She is being spayed on the 16th. She is almost 8 months old (She will be on the 25th), and hasn't went through her first heat yet. We are hoping she makes it to her appointment before she does.

Also, we are boarding her for the first time, our vet doesn't board animals, so she is going some where else. She will be boarded from the 18th-27th while we are away in Florida. I've never boarded one of my dogs before, but I have heard great things about this vets office. My moms dachshund had her 2 back sugeries done there, and she has been boarded there on a couple of occassions.
I know things will be fine, but I am anxious about my baby girl being away from me for so long.

Its a week away, but we are really worried about her. Please send any good thoughts/prayers that you can for my baby.

I'm sure she will be fine being spayed.. Honestly, I am more concerned about her being boarded than being spayed for some reason.. I've had several pets spayed/neutered, including our chihuahua, and he only weighs 4 lbs.

The vet said we could call every day to check up on her while she is being boarded, so I will probably call every morning and every evening before they close.

luvofallhorses
10-10-2008, 11:07 PM
I will keep Alize in my thoughts that everything goes well with her spay. :) and that she does well being boarded! :)

Medusa
10-11-2008, 05:17 AM
I know exactly what you mean. I've never boarded any of my animals but would if I ever had to. It would make me nervous, too, but I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. We just worry about our furkids. Prayers going up for Alize's spay and comfortable stay at the boarder's and for your peace of mind. :)

Daisy and Delilah
10-11-2008, 01:31 PM
Cori, I can certainly understand your fear. My thoughts and prayers are going to you.:)

molucass
10-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Tomorrow is the big day for the surgery.. She has to be there at 8, and we don't get to pick her up until 4-6 pm. :(

*LabLoverKEB*
10-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Prayers and good thoughts on the way for pretty miss Alize'!!:love:

Medusa
10-15-2008, 08:07 PM
Prayers going up for Alize that all will be well. Keep the faythe. :)

boomersooner
10-15-2008, 08:11 PM
Alize will be fine!! It will all be over and done with before you realize it. Give her kisses for us!!

Catty1
10-15-2008, 10:05 PM
This time tomorrow Alize will be home and being loved on and cared for - the best kind of healing! (Oh - and just a bit spoiled, yes? ;) )

luvofallhorses
10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
I'll be thinking of Alize tomorrow. let us know how it goes! :)

molucass
10-16-2008, 10:14 AM
We dropped her off around 8 am this morning.. She was so scared and shaking.. I had to pick her up to bring her into the office because she wouldn't go in.. Then I had to walk back with her to the kennel and actually get in there before she would.
I cried when we got there, and cried the whole way home.. I've never been away from her since she was born for more than overnight.

I wish it was already 3 pm so I could call to check on her.

caseysmom
10-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Okay you got me crying now...she will be fine though.

caseysmom
10-16-2008, 10:39 AM
Forgot to add she is my new Pettalk favorite dog she is so darned cute!

MoonandBean
10-16-2008, 10:56 AM
Just said a prayer that everything should go well for Alize...it will! :love: Please update us as soon as you have her home.

Catty1
10-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Looking forward to the happy reunion. She will be a little groggy, though.

Hugs and prayers are yours.:)

molucass
10-16-2008, 05:21 PM
We are finally home with my baby. She is doing well. They gave her an injection of pain meds after her surgery, and also sent some rimadyl home for the next 3 days.

She was excited and peed on the floor when she saw me..

I feel so bad for her though.. We took her there and she thought we were going to leave her, and now she's back home.. Then on Saturday she will be leaving again for 10 whole days. :(

Her incision looks good, and they used staples that have to be removed on the 29th.. Just in time for us to get back home from our trip.

Thanks everyone for the prayers and good thoughts.
My baby and me really appreciate it. Hopefully things will go just as well when she is boarded...

I will take some pictures of her once she is feeling a little better. Right now shes asleep in her crate.

Medusa
10-16-2008, 05:24 PM
See there? All is well. Alize will be fine when you board her, too, but I can understand your anxiety. It's tough leaving them but as long as you feel totally comfortable w/the place where she'll be boarded, I wouldn't worry. Try to relax a little now. Lots of healing prayers going up for Alize.....

Daisy and Delilah
10-16-2008, 10:34 PM
Kisses to that adorable baby doll from me please. I love her. I knew she would do great!!:)

MoonandBean
10-17-2008, 01:23 PM
I wish you lived nearby. Alize could stay with us. I know your anxiety. We left Sunny for 2 nights at a boarding facility. I was a nervous wreck but I think she actually liked it there! She had to go back the following week for one night and got excited when we got there. SOOOO glad her spay went well! :love: