PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Tuscumbia, AL???

BC_MoM
10-10-2008, 01:33 PM
Our Border Collie Rescue (www.hullshaven.org) is trying to pull and rescue a freckled BC pup from Colbert County Animal Control Association in Tuscumbia, AL. However, we can't find anyone who would be able to pull and hold until transportation is set up. This pound kills quickly.

Anyone? :(

http://photocache.petfinder.com/fotos/AL199/AL199.12078824-1-x.jpg
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12078824

Aspen and Misty
10-11-2008, 12:14 PM
I still have a lot of connections in the GA area. I know someone who lives in Birmingham Al who may be able to find someone willing to pull this pup for you. Let me see what I can do. I'm in the middle of the ocean on a ferry, but will try to call tomorrow when we arrive in port.

Ashley

Edited to add: I had her email address. I know she is currently fostering a poodle (that I pulled from a GA kill shelter for her) but I'm sure she will know someone who can help. The boat I'm on has wireless so hopfully she will get back to me ASAP. I will keep you updated.

Willow Oak
10-12-2008, 06:39 PM
I sent them an email asking if they still have the pup and will they consider holding it for a few days. Surely they will if they know that someone is interested.

I can not promise. Willow Oak is only an hour to the West, but my schedule for next week is prohibitive. I have a friend who lives in Cullen, Alabama, about an hour South of Florence. I'll continue to make inquires and see what I can find out and/or arrange. Had I come across this email on Friday instead of this evening it would already be a done deal. Sorry I missed it.

BC_MoM
10-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I sent them an email asking if they still have the pup and will they consider holding it for a few days. Surely they will if they know that someone is interested.

I don't know if this pup has been saved or not. But no, kill shelter's will not usually hold. Especially further south.

Aspen and Misty
10-13-2008, 11:06 AM
I havn't heard anything back from her and my phone calls have gone unanswered. I will keep trying, can you find out if the pup is still there?

Ashley