PDA

View Full Version : Pee Cam just BUSTED Cat #2

jazzcat
10-10-2008, 11:48 AM
You will never guess who our second pee'er is!!!!

SCOUT!!!! :eek::eek::confused::(

I have her on camera sniffing the spot, squatting and then trying to cover it up. Now I have to wonder why she is doing it. Is it because she has that abscessed tooth and it's pain related? She finished her antibiotic weeks ago and the tooth looks okay now. Is it because she has kidney stones? We discovered that from an x-ray last year and at that time they weren't a problem but maybe they are bothering her now. Or is it because Rocky picks on her so much, especially lately. In fact on the pee cam you can see that after she pees and starts to walk away he chases her off.

I'm waiting for my vet to get back from lunch so I can tell her. I guess I better be prepared for another big bill of blood tests, urinalysis and probably more. :rolleyes: I sure hope my little Scouty girl is okay.

I still don't think this is everyone peeing. Someone has been spray marking little squirts on various pet beds and objects. I still suspect Decker for that and so does Richard. Will it ever end?!!

shais_mom
10-10-2008, 01:19 PM
could it be a marking thing?
is she peeing on the spot Rocky peed on?

Good luck!!

jazzcat
10-10-2008, 01:26 PM
could it be a marking thing?
is she peeing on the spot Rocky peed on?

Good luck!!
Yes, it was near the one Rocky did last so it may be a marking thing especially since he picks on her so much. I've been trying to clean it all week but it's so hard to completely get rid of the smell. I don't smell it but I know they still can. Now I get to start all over cleaning it.

I am worried though because this pee was dark in color. I don't know that there was blood it was just a darker, more orange color. I called the vet and couldn't get an appointment until Monday at 2. I don't think it is urgent so that will be okay.

catmandu
10-10-2008, 03:02 PM
WHEN TUBSTER PANTHER WAS INTACT HE WOULD SPRAY AND THE OTHER MALES, RSPECIALLY MIQUELITO THE LITTLE ORANGE LION WAS SPRAYING
AS WELL. THANKFULLY THATS CALMED DOWN, ALTHOUGH THEY OCCASIONALLY INDULGE IN LEAVING THIER HERSHY BARS ON TOP OF THE LITTER/
WE HOPE THAT YOU CAN STOP THAT SPRAYING ISSIUE, THAT AROMAS HARD TO TAKE!!:eek::eek:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/th_b70849b3.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/?action=view&current=e1b8f2d5.pbw)

Moesha
10-10-2008, 05:33 PM
That camera was a wonderful idea. I sure hope your Scout has a health reason for this that can be easily corrected.

jenluckenbach
10-10-2008, 06:55 PM
Oh dear :(. The only positive thing is it is more likely to be health related. (and I sur hope it is).

In the meantime, is it possible other cats chase her out of the litter box when she tries to go?? Which might make her look for a place she can't get ambushed.

jazzcat
10-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Oh dear :(. The only positive thing is it is more likely to be health related. (and I sur hope it is).

In the meantime, is it possible other cats chase her out of the litter box when she tries to go?? Which might make her look for a place she can't get ambushed.
That has happened before Jen so I got another litter box in an easier place for her but Rocky and Decker still like to ambush her. Poor little girl.

Cataholic
10-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Oh, no. Pee.
The ONLY thing, IMO, that removes the scent of urine is OdorXit. I buy that stuff by the gallon, and would never buy anything else. I had some cat, and I suspect it was Minnie, pee on my bed. Someone else peed on my couch. I suspect that was the RB Georgie, and it was from Monte's stalking. Both scents were removed completely.

I regularly wash the rug under the litter box in OdorXit. This thing has lots of pee on it. No odor after the wash.

I hope Scout's condition checks out okay. Stones certainly CAN become difficult, more so in the boy cats than the females. Good luck.

rg_girlca
10-10-2008, 10:33 PM
Poor dear Scout. She sure has had a hard time with the others bothering her all the time. I'll be anxious to hear what the vet has to say on Monday.

In regards to the spray marking on cat beds and objects, I went through that problem also and it took me almost 2 weeks before I found out it was Willy and it landed up he had a bladder infection.

Prayers on the way that the medication works for Rocky and that they find out the problem with Scout.

{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}

DJFyrewolf36
10-11-2008, 01:31 AM
When Spook has peeing issues its usally because she is covering up another pee spot. She got into a pee war with a roommates cat and the only cause was because they were fighting constantly and she felt the need to turf mark.

Glad the pee cam caught another culprit...I hope you find out whats wrong with Scout soon!

jazzcat
10-11-2008, 10:47 AM
Cataholic - I need to find that Odorxit.

Lorraine - thanks for the support.

DJ - maybe Scout is in a pee war with Rocky. In a way I hope it's a simple infection that meds can take care of instead of behavioral issues. Dueling pee'ers is all I need around here.:rolleyes: