PDA

View Full Version : Sparkle things

lv4dogs
09-11-2002, 08:09 AM
I did not know where to post this as this site does not have a miscellaneous section. Everytime I pass a thread with a sparkle caption to it my mouse's arrow dissapears. There are a few people here with the sparkle thing as their signature or whatnot. It is really bothersome and takes me forever to get the page to move up or down or whatever. It only happens when I get to the sparkle, before & after I pass the sparkle (even if it is on the same page) it works great. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to cure it?

wolf_Q
09-11-2002, 10:13 AM
I am not sure what sparkle thing you are referring to. ?? There is a misc. section. It is called General, it's at the bottom of the list, before Pet Poll.

lv4dogs
09-11-2002, 02:17 PM
Sorry I posted in the wrong spot, Thanks for telling me!!I never looked past the cat section. If I do not get a reply here I will post there.

OK the sparkle things, I am not picking on these people I just need to know whats going on with my comp. If you look at Uabassoon & floppsyladysally89 posts at the bottom of their reply's are sparkles in the pictures. Whenever a sparkle like that shows my arrow dissapears. It does that in other web sites too.

lovemymaltese
09-11-2002, 02:41 PM
I never noticed the sparkly things.

sammi
09-11-2002, 07:31 PM
I have never seen any sparkly things either:confused:

Cookiebaker
09-11-2002, 08:31 PM
Just so you know you aren't crazy, I know what you are talking about!! But unfortunately I don't know why you are getting the problems that you are...or how to cure it. Sorry!! :)

Aspen and Misty
09-11-2002, 09:00 PM
I also know what you are talking about. They are banners in people signatures that the person who owns Family pets? I forget what its called they made it for them. Sparkles flash on and off the banner. Well I don't know whats wrong with your computer, maybe tis trying to tell you something LOL. My friend beleaves computers tell you things. Like what your future will be and things, I dunno, shes a little on the nutty side :D ;). Well anyway, when a sparlky thing apears and flashes before your eyes and you disapear at least you will know that your computer warned you first. ;) LOL, the people I meet. :rolleyes:

Ash

ps: Sorry I go crazy sometimes.

Ann
09-12-2002, 05:03 AM
I think it would be because those sparkly signature pics are pretty big in file size, so it might temporarily freeze up your computer and make your mouse dissapear while it's loading.

It's just a guess though, but it's the only explanation I can think of. What kind of connection are you on?

lv4dogs
09-12-2002, 08:05 AM
Maybe it is trying to tell me something but darned if I know what! I know it is not a temp. freeze cause I have sometimes stayed on those frames forever and it will still do it. I have AOL hookup and never liked it, maybe my comp. is telling me to change subscribers!! LOL

anna_66
09-12-2002, 08:49 AM
Your talking about this right?

I couldn't tell you why it does that though.

Mabye Ann or Ash is right....computers, who knows about them:rolleyes:

lv4dogs
09-12-2002, 02:29 PM
Thanks anna66! I laughed when I saw that! Yup those are what I am talking about. It took me about 5 minutes to get past it. My comp. is possesed!

anna_66
09-12-2002, 06:04 PM
That is so strange that your computer does that! Wish I knew more so I could tell you why, but unfortunately...I can't.
Glad to know I at least knew what you were talking about!
Could it be caused from the type of ISP you have???