PDA

View Full Version : Possible new addition... within the next 6 months..

CountryWolf07
10-09-2008, 09:46 PM
Just a heads up..

My parents are completely heartbroken over losing sweet Rosie.. (and so am I) and they are wanting to add a puppy to the household.. and I understand how it is. So I am thinking that will happen within the next 6 months. Anna is very lonely and sad, and she keeps looking out at the front door to see if Rosie would come back. :( We are really worried about Anna.. she is very depressed and withdrawn from everything right now. We do not know what kind of dog it will be, but it will be a puppy. It doesn't matter to us whatever breed it will be. It will be a girl, and whatever it is, whatever dog is "supposed" to be sent to us by little Rosie, we will know.. Her name will have a "ie" at the end, so, I have to figure out what names are that.. so, just a heads up.

Today, I was sitting in class thinking about Rosie, and how much I am going to miss her crazy, little annoying habits on how she wanted a treat, a blanket so she could sleep on it, and I started laughing, yes, I started laughing, because I realized, she did have us TRAINED! ;) Oh Rosie.

Husky_mom
10-09-2008, 10:05 PM
I know how it is.. and I can say I canīt wait to see who comes home :)

I did laugh too reading what Rosie taugh you all... good girl Rosie... ;)

chocolatepuppy
10-09-2008, 10:08 PM
Nothing beats a new puppy (or dog) to love to help heal a broken heart. Will be watching for puppy news.:)

CountryWolf07
10-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Okay.. We're interested in retriever mixes or hound mixes... and apparently we (my brother and I) have fallen in love with this baby girl..

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12091709

So we'll see..

molucass
10-09-2008, 10:54 PM
I was looking at the puppy you posted about, and saw this one on there too.

http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=12027642

And this one. Not sure how far either of these pups are from you guys.
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11700814

Good luck with your search. I know a new baby will help heal your hearts.

CountryWolf07
10-09-2008, 10:58 PM
Oh gosh.. that is one cute puppy..

My brother and I think we both have FOUND the perfect puppy.. and she is a purebred black lab.

http://columbus.craigslist.org/pet/873422036.html

Cross your fingers. ;) It is a possible addition... and my parents would not be so sad, including Anna..

She already has a name, either "Riley" or "Colby" so far..

Husky_mom
10-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Rylei or Colbie.. ;)

what a cute pupper...

Moesha
10-09-2008, 11:42 PM
The puppies in the pictures aren't the actual puppy right? She posted that she couldn't get pictures of the actual dog and so found some online. It'll be great if you could save a life in adopting a new puppy! Keep us posted. They are adorable.

CountryWolf07
10-10-2008, 12:23 AM
The puppies in the pictures aren't the actual puppy right? She posted that she couldn't get pictures of the actual dog and so found some online. It'll be great if you could save a life in adopting a new puppy! Keep us posted. They are adorable.

Right..

We will see if I hear back from the person who posted the ad about the puppies.

Fingers crossed.

lute
10-10-2008, 09:45 AM
I hope you find your perfect puppy! The first one you found will be euth on the 15th! I hope someon comes along for her! She is melting my heart!

boomersooner
10-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Keep us posted!!! All of the pups mentioned are precious!

CountryWolf07
10-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Just an update.

We still are looking for that right puppy.. we have decided to stick with a local animal shelter back home - In 2 weeks, I will be returning back home to go with my parents and search for that perfect addition to the family. :)

lute
10-12-2008, 10:52 AM
I can't wait for 2 weeks! I hope you and your parents find the perfect new family member!:D

CountryWolf07
10-12-2008, 09:07 PM
Possible... maybe....

We are very, very, very interested in either of the two:

Sherman:

http://photocache.petfinder.com/fotos/OH237/OH237.12118729-1-x.jpg

Toffee:

http://photocache.petfinder.com/fotos/OH237/OH237.11992524-1-x.jpg

My parents will be calling the animal shelter about them tomorrow.

So we'll see. :)

They both are retriever/beagle mixes.

scrain2329
10-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Sherman sherman sherman is SOOO CUTE!
not like toffee isnt though : )
Update us asap!

Moesha
10-12-2008, 10:31 PM
I KNOW! How do you choose??

wolf_Q
10-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Cuties! I hope you find the perfect dog for your family, Rachel! :)

Taz_Zoee
10-13-2008, 09:34 AM
Ohhhh, I love Sherman's little white feetsies. :D
I can't wait to see which puppy chooses your family as their furrever home. :)

CountryWolf07
10-13-2008, 03:26 PM
I KNOW! How do you choose??

I have no idea!

I am leaving it up to my parents, but they keep coming to me to see which one I think would be a good fit... it's hard!! We MIGHT end up adopting a boy instead of a girl, but who knows? Like I said, whatever the right puppy is, he/she will pick us. :)

cyber-sibes
10-13-2008, 06:31 PM
Well MY jaw about dropped when I saw that cute little boy with the white pawsies name! (Gotta be a good dog!) They are both adorable. I know you'll pick the "right one."

Just to share our experience, Star was also extremely depressed after we lost Sherman, and we introduced Jack about a month later... but Star seemed to withdraw a bit more for a while. I think she was still grieving & just not quite up for a stranger to be in her territory yet. We were worried as she seemed more depressed than ever. It took a couple months.
Anna may need a little time to get used to the puppy, but I'm sure she'll come to appreciate the company. I know Star has - she & Jack are great friends now.

CountryWolf07
10-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Well MY jaw about dropped when I saw that cute little boy with the white pawsies name! (Gotta be a good dog!) They are both adorable. I know you'll pick the "right one."

Just to share our experience, Star was also extremely depressed after we lost Sherman, and we introduced Jack about a month later... but Star seemed to withdraw a bit more for a while. I think she was still grieving & just not quite up for a stranger to be in her territory yet. We were worried as she seemed more depressed than ever. It took a couple months.
Anna may need a little time to get used to the puppy, but I'm sure she'll come to appreciate the company. I know Star has - she & Jack are great friends now.

Oh thank you! Anna is doing better, but still lonely, but I know it will take her a while. They had a close bond, she always did the looking after Rosie when she was around..

I am completely in love with Sherman, I even want to keep his name, and not change it. My mom made the call today to say that we are interested into looking at these pups, and hopefully we'll hear back tomorrow. :)

They looked at a beagle/basset hound mix, but she wasn't the right girl for us, so here's to hoping.

CountryWolf07
10-14-2008, 12:51 PM
SO excited to share this...

MY PARENTS ARE GOING TO LOOK AT SHERMAN tomorrow afternoon!

Fingers crossed.

Maybe this is the puppy Rosie is obviously "holding" for us, because there's no way he hasn't been adopted.. he's such a cutie pie..

Daisy and Delilah
10-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Awwwwww!!! I'm so glad you all are getting another pup. Best wishes on the new addition, Rachel. I know Rosie has a paw in this choice. Kisses to Anna. I hope she'll love her new sister or brother.:)

CountryWolf07
10-14-2008, 08:12 PM
:)

I plan on coming home on Halloween weekend to see Anna and my family. First thing I'm gonna do is hug Anna and give her a big kiss on the nose, because I know she needs that, she's my baby. So if we do have a new addition by then, expect to see a lot of pictures... that includes Anna, too!

Taz_Zoee
10-14-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm so excited. I really think Sherman was picked for you by Rosie and probably cyber-cibes' Sherman too. :D

CountryWolf07
10-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Dad is at the shelter, right now, checking out the puppies/dogs that are available for adoption!!

FINGERS CROSSED! :)

Taz_Zoee
10-15-2008, 03:17 PM
I've got everything crossed over here!! I hope Sherman is still there!!!
I'll be checking this thread often to see what happens. :)

CountryWolf07
10-15-2008, 03:19 PM
CHECK OUT THE NEW THREAD!!!!! :)

Sherman was already adopted by the time my dad got to the shelter... so he has a new home, too!