PDA

View Full Version : update on Lady

cali
10-09-2008, 07:27 PM
just wanted to give an update on the ol lady we found :) she is still here, still nobody looking for her :( so at this point it looks like she is staying here. after being on our dogs raw diet for 5 days she is doing unbelievabley well. the dog that could barly move is no more..she actually jumped up on me today! she has been prancing around wagging her tail with a big grin on her face, trying to wrestle with my other dogs. no more howling in pain, no more slow painful walking. and her breath..it no lonnger makes you want to die lol. she sleeps on my bed, cuddles up to my other dogs etc.. :D oh and we have been calling her "ladybug"

chocolatepuppy
10-09-2008, 08:06 PM
I just can't imagine losing your dog and not loooking for it. :( Well, Lady is in good hands, thanks for the update.:)

boomersooner
10-09-2008, 08:32 PM
Your good care has helped tremendously, but I wonder is she was howling and crying before because she was sad for her other life....She now realizes she has found a new home, and the sadness and crying/yowling/howling is gone...She was soooooooooo lucky to have found you. She sounds like a doll baby!

Husky_mom
10-09-2008, 08:52 PM
good thing you found her... and I bet she´s so happy about it.

don´t wanna make assumptions but what if her "owners" let her wander as she was gettign old and howling crying all the time... here´s proof what good care/food/love can do...

if they are goos owners and ARE looking for her I just hope they have been looking somewhere else...

whatever is the outcome I wish her the best and being in your home is pretty much accomplished ;)

boomersooner
10-09-2008, 08:58 PM
if they are goos owners and ARE looking for her I just hope they have been looking somewhere else...

I don't want to think that she may have just been let loose.....I want to think that her owners are good and have been looking in the wrong place, just like Husky Mom said. Whatever the case, she is happy, safe, content, cared for and that is the important thing!! Again, you are an angel for taking her in and caring for her

cali
10-10-2008, 07:33 PM
we hope she wasnt abandoned, but at this point it sure looks that way :( but pehraps its for the best, she is doing soooo well now, my mom said that, this morning Lady was racing around the yard wrestling with Rusty and Electra :eek: when I got home from work today she jumped up with her paws on my shoulder and last night I actually had to scold her for getting to rambunctious with the little critters!

boomersooner
10-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Do you think she is as old as you originally thought? Sounds like she has found a home! More pictures please!!!

cali
10-10-2008, 08:16 PM
I think she is 9-10 years old approx. but its getting harder to tell lol..problem with the raw diet is it will do that..Happy is 8 this year, and I still get asked if she is a puppy..Misty will be 6 this year and people are seriously SHOCKED when they find out she is not a puppy. Perky shows no grey and can still jump a 26" jump(Perky is 12" tall) and she is 9 years old :eek: so really its not a bit shocking that Ladybug is acting younger..doesnt mean she IS younger :p

cassiesmom
10-10-2008, 08:20 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v496/HappyFM/IMG_0092.jpg
Keep grinning, Ladybug! :)

Kfamr
10-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Please don't give up on trying to find her home, she doesn't look too bad off as if she's been neglected.

cali
10-10-2008, 11:42 PM
we havent given up, but you have to understand that in my city everything is centeralized, any dog reported missing can be extremly easily tracked to whoever has the dog(if someone has the dog), I have collarless dogs returned to me before I knew they were gone. we have the shelter lost and found, and that lost and found is connected to every service in the city, since she was reported to the lost and found anyone looking for her can call the shelter, any vet or any city office and be connected to us instantly, and just in case that wasnt we have also been checking the paper for lost ads, posted a found ad in the paper, put up posters, posted her to a provence wide list and walked her all over asking around. all this and absolutly nada has turned up, nobody has reported her missing, nobody has posted her as lost, and nobody has responded to our found ads. even people ignorent of the system have not taken this long to track down their dog, for Exeample Rustys owners were looking for him but didnt realize the way the lost and found worked..even they found Rusty within 3 days. or Sheba she was found outside the city and had made it from one end to the other, her owners were tracked down within 3 days. Frankie..she was from another provence and they hadnt registered her tattoo with our system, her owners were tracked down in 2 days, Tucker I had back home 5 minutes after I found him..I dont think his owners knew he was ever gone. Lady on the otherhand has been with us for 7 days, and been advertised as found more extensivly then any other dogs we have found, and we have recieved absolutly no results. we are not giving up, but at this point things dont look promising.