PDA

View Full Version : Good GAWD, Child!!!!

AdoreMyDogs
10-09-2008, 04:55 PM
I just got home from a walk with Kersey, Boone and Quinn this morning and when I got home, I refilled the dogs' water bowls, and then got myself a glass of water. I went into Quinn's room (which I THOUGHT was completely baby-proffed) and I found this monkey in her tree. Note: she was only in her room about 4 minutes unsupervised. She's been in her room for MUCH longer unsupervised because her room USED TO BE pretty well baby proofed.

Please, please excuse the mess in Quinn's room. I clean it and put the books back on the bookshelf, and put her dirty clothes back in her hamper, but she pulls books off the bookshelf and pulls her dirty clothes out of the hamper nearly the moment I fix them and she's got it destroyed in about 1/2 hour again. I usually pick it up every night before bed so she's had the morning to destroy it again.

Anyway, imagine my surprise when I walk in her room to find this. My camera was right on my computer which was in the next room. I grabbed it to send a couple pics to my hubby right before i grabbed her and removed her from her tree, the monkey.....

Catty1
10-09-2008, 04:59 PM
"Mommy, I got my own lotion!!!!" She looks so happy - and meanwhile, MOM is having a heart attack on the spot!

I have only heard about how quickly little children can move, and I bet there could be a VERY long thread about stories like this.

It's okay, hon! {{{hugs}}}

ramanth
10-09-2008, 05:05 PM
LOL!! I was a monkey child too. Mom said I was constantly escaping cribs, play pens, ect. and scaling things. :D

Sirrahsim
10-09-2008, 05:29 PM
Silly girl!!:D

CountryWolf07
10-09-2008, 05:48 PM
Aww... I was also a monkey child, too!

boomersooner
10-09-2008, 06:08 PM
How cute!!! She certainly is proud of herself....just for the record, the room looks perfectly normal to me!! My daughter is 10, and she can still destroy a room in a short period of time....We call her Hurricane Molly!!

lizbud
10-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Omg, glad you were able to keep your cool & didn't faint away on the spot.:D My daughter was climbing out of her crib & up onto the dresser
against the wall at the foot of her bed when I walked in on her. She was
less than a yr old.:eek: I gestered wildly at hubby to come see what she
learned how to do. He couldn't believe it either.:D

Marigold2
10-09-2008, 06:58 PM
LOL that sure takes me back.
Let me tell you what my Michael did about 28 years ago when he was 2. This memory is so fresh in my mind, because it was so incredibly horrible at the time.
Mike was still in diapers and I used Vasoline on his behind, cheap and works great.
Mike was suppose to be taking a nap.:p:p
Actually he was up, opened the extra large jar of Vasoline and spread it all over his room. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Walls, carpet, bed, dresser, toys, books, his hair.
Being all of 21 at the time I walked in the room, realized what he had done, spanked his butt about 7 times (he wore a diaper so it wasn't so bad) then I sat down on the floor and cried. He sat down across from me on the Vasoline stained carpet and cried too. I was crying and scolding him and he was crying and tears were rolling down our faces. His hair was plastered to his head, the room stank like Vasoline.
It took me a week to get it out of his hair. I had to rent a stream cleaner for the carpet and I had to scrub and repaint the walls.
It's a great story now. We laugh about it, well he does.
It still ties my stomach in knots.

Alysser
10-09-2008, 07:19 PM
:pI love Quinn, she is the cutest little girl! What a devilious smile :) Mommy, I can't wait to give you heart attacks when I climb in tree s!

4 Dog Mother
10-09-2008, 07:33 PM
Oh, Quinn, you little stinker! Talk about giving your mommy a heart attack! But she sure looks proud of herself, doesn't she?

DJFyrewolf36
10-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Ahh the things I look forward to...lol :D

I got six stitches and almost lost part of my ear thanks to being a monkey :o. I fell off of a window seat and hit my head on a radiating heater. My mom just about passed out when she saw all the blood. I was worried about my butt being sore :rolleyes:

sparks19
10-09-2008, 08:17 PM
LMFAO Oh Quinn. she is so proud of herself isn't she lol.

She IS a little monkey.

Daisy and Delilah
10-09-2008, 08:32 PM
She is so adorable!! She reminds me of my daughter when she was that age. Nothing would stop her from doing what she wanted----she hasn't changed a bit.:)

prechrswife
10-09-2008, 09:28 PM
Reminds me of Mary Joyce...

K9karen
10-09-2008, 10:23 PM
She sure looks proud of herself! :eek:
Thankfully she wasn't hurt! Fearless widdle imp!

gini
10-09-2008, 11:51 PM
She is certainly feeling her oats isn't she? Sorry, but she is still just adorable - even when she is being bad. But, she didn't know she was being bad, did she?

jennielynn1970
10-10-2008, 12:11 AM
LOL! Omg... I'm sure it took a lot to restrain yourself to not run over and grab her! What a little imp! Too cute though! Just look at that happy and satisfied grin on her face!

Maya & Inka's mommy
10-10-2008, 06:58 AM
Little stinker, lol !!!
My niece was 16 months old when she told her mom that it was snowing in the kitchen :eek:. She had been emptying a whole box of "cleaning powder ("VIM") on EVERYTHING !!

Laura's Babies
10-10-2008, 09:15 AM
That would have scared the daylights out of me! How in the world did she get up there? I use to ask mine that all the time.. They could get places there was no possiable way to get... somehow, they would find a way.

Cataholic
10-10-2008, 02:47 PM
LOL...takes me back to the time at nearly 1 year I found Jonah standing on the kitchen table trying to get into the dog food (I was watching my brother's dog at the time).

Ginger's Mom
10-10-2008, 03:18 PM
She really is adorable. :D I am glad you grabbed your camera and got a picture of that happy smile.

shais_mom
10-10-2008, 04:16 PM
oh my! I'd have had a heart attack too but she's soooo cute and proud of herself! :D

AdoreMyDogs
10-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the funny comments everyone. We've now got to get rid of the changing table until the new one is born. We haven't used her changing table in a long time anyway, it's been the place where we store all the lotions, baby oil, diaper cream, diapers, etc, since she became moble.

We love our little monkey to pieces, even though she frequentlly gives us heart-attacks :)

Cinder & Smoke
10-11-2008, 11:26 AM
"Monkey child"?? :confused:

YUP, Guilty! :o

I used to go in my room and *pull*-*pull*-*pull* on the lower dresser drawers
till I managed to open 'em far enough to make "steps" ... then Monkey-climb up
towards the top! :cool: Pulled that sucker over more than once! :eek:
Mom was never impressed.

:D

sirrahbed
10-11-2008, 12:08 PM
:eek: :D

How funny!!! Love the happy face she has in the second picture. Good going mommy - grabbing the camera to capture this!!

My oldest son did things like this - once I came into the kitchen to find him on TOP of the fridge!!:eek: I think he had used Phred's stair step trick with drawers and gotten himself on the counter but HOW did he pull himself to the top like that?? Well, he is 30 now so he survived it!! Now if he can survive 4 year old Misha and her gymnastics and sports......:rolleyes:

finn's mom
10-12-2008, 12:45 AM
Wow, that's quite a climb! Fearless! And, look how happy she is to see YOU!