PDA

View Full Version : In this day.....

shais_mom
10-09-2008, 12:08 PM
This is a nice little story to hear...
My mom and several from their church are starting a local food pantry in the small community they live in.
My Mom had asked my aunt (who is a bargain shopper extradoinaire!) where she could get cheap Peanut Butter. My Aunt told her there was a grocery store in Lima OH (next county about 25 minutes from my parents) that had jars for 4 for $3. (or 3 for $4 I can't remember!)
So my uncle was going to Lima and my mom asked him to pick up 30 jars of peanut butter. My uncle somehow happened upon a store manager and was telling him why he needed the 30 jars of Peanut Butter and the store manager told him just to take them!!! :eek:
My mom was amazed. My uncle had no papers or anything from the church stating he was doing what he said. My mom sent a thank you to the store. I thought it was an excellant show of goodwill since the food pantry isn't in the same county or community as this particular store, nor are there any branches of that store in the county. :)
So for all that is wrong in the world, there was a small showing of what can be right. :)
AND it has nothing to do with politics! ;):p

Sevaede
10-09-2008, 12:18 PM
What a WONDERFUL story! There are so many people who need help and this is just fantastic! Good on your mom and friends! :D Also, what a lovely display of charity and good will on the store managers part!

The local food pantries here relies almost entirely on donations that people give, the ones mail carriers bring in, store donations, and then whatever farmers have left. A lot is organic and all natural, too. ^_^

Karen
10-09-2008, 01:03 PM
We never hear stories like this in the news, just stories of bad, greedy or selfish people. Thank you for sharing this with us, Staci!

Hmm, how does a certain Big Red Dog feel about peanut butter? ;)

shais_mom
10-09-2008, 01:23 PM
We never hear stories like this in the news, just stories of bad, greedy or selfish people. Thank you for sharing this with us, Staci!

Hmm, how does a certain Big Red Dog feel about peanut butter? ;)

:)
you're welcome!
She used to gobble it now she's become rather immune to it b/c she gets her pills in it and it makes her go :rolleyes:. But she tolerates it- MOST of the time! or maybe it is just me she tolerates! ;)

Husky_mom
10-09-2008, 01:46 PM
what a great story... people like him are what make this world better... if only more were like that...

there are still good spirited people afterall... and Karen is right.. THIS is the kind of story that should make the news...

Medusa
10-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Stories like this do help to restore faith in humankind. Thanx for sharing this.

NoahsMommy
10-09-2008, 04:02 PM
Awwww! How wonderful!!! There still is GOOD in this world, isn't that great!!??!?

Thanks for sharing this with us. It really goes to show that the news doesn'tknow everything.

Hugs.

lizbud
10-09-2008, 04:48 PM
Great story Staci.:) I just know that most people are good people at heart
and I love hearing that things like this do happen.:)

gini
10-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Staci, what a wonderful story...........it may not hit the news, but by word of mouth here on Pet Talk we can share it with everyone and get it out there.

It has been going through my mind that in these economic times there are going to be a lot of people that need food to get by.

Cinder & Smoke
10-10-2008, 12:54 AM
My mom and several from their church are starting a local food pantry
in the small community they live in.

**Good on ya, Mom!!** :)

Hey Staci ~
Set Mom up with a PayPal account, and I'll spring for a case of Jelly
to go with that PeanButter!

:D

chocolatepuppy
10-10-2008, 05:03 AM
Thanks for sharing Staci. It's nice to hear some of the 'good' in the world for a change.:)