PDA

View Full Version : Kitten 6-8 Weeks, Kids Abuse it. HEARD FROM HER TODAY THURSDAY!

Anikaca77
10-09-2008, 06:59 AM
Is there anyone here close to Jackson Michigan that might be able to take her?

This is a post from Petfinder I found, I also posted something in the cat resuce.

I live in Jackson, Michigan and I'm posting about my neighbors little kitten. Shes about 6-8 weeks old, all black, really sweet and loving. Content to sit on your lap and be cuddled all day.

She hasn't had a good home since she was born, I have found her on the roof of my house and garage and had to climb up and get her down. The kids abuse it and she don't get fed. I often bring her in my home, to warm her up, give her attention and feed her, but, I can't keep her, I am not financially able to. If you or you know anyone, who could give her a loving, indoor home, like she deserves, please contact me at [email protected]

Medusa
10-09-2008, 07:11 AM
Melissa, it's so wonderful that you're looking out for this sweet little kitty. This time of year is especially dangerous for black cats. In OH the Humane Society won't allow adoptions of black cats during the month of October because bad things have happened to them. Halloween seems to bring out the crazies. Is there any way that you can keep her safe perhaps in your garage or somewhere that these kids and others can't get their hands on her?

moosmom
10-09-2008, 07:35 AM
Thank you for looking out for that precious baby. I'd make the kitten go "poof" and get him/her away from those rotten kids. Have to spoken to the kid's parents??? I'd get them involved unless they're just as guilty as the kids (apple don't fall far from the tree).

Please keep that sweet baby safe.

kb2yjx
10-09-2008, 09:01 AM
You are doing a really good thing by helping that baby!!! I have to agree with the above posts to make her go " POOF!" And that this a dangerous time for black kitties!!! You will do the right thing....

Anikaca77
10-09-2008, 09:15 AM
I wrote an e-mail to this women. If I could get the kitten to me I'd be glad to foster it since Anika would probably want that and Rob my husband hopefully wouldn't mind but with the vet bills (even though I had so many generous donations) from Anika, I'm not sure if this would be a smart move or not on my part.

I would just like to see this baby get a great home.

Thanks,
Melissa

Melissa, it's so wonderful that you're looking out for this sweet little kitty. This time of year is especially dangerous for black cats. In OH the Humane Society won't allow adoptions of black cats during the month of October because bad things have happened to them. Halloween seems to bring out the crazies. Is there any way that you can keep her safe perhaps in your garage or somewhere that these kids and others can't get their hands on her?

catmandu
10-09-2008, 09:40 AM
AS A MATTER OF SAD FACT :(:(, CHILDREN IN A LOT OF CASES LEARN BULLYING FROM BEING BULLIED THEMSELVES.:(:(
I WOULD ASK THE PARENTS BUT DONT BE SURPISED BY A RUDE WELCOME.
WE PRAY THAT LITTLE PANTHER FINDS A FURREVER HOME, WHERE SHE WILL BE LOVED AND APPRECIATED!!!
THERES A GOLD STAR BY YOUR NAME FOR HELPING THAT LITTLE ONE!:love::love:

Anikaca77
10-09-2008, 01:11 PM
sm bump

Anikaca77
10-09-2008, 01:28 PM
I just talked with my husband about the kitten and if I can arrange some type of transport to get the kitten here then we he said we could foster it.

I'm going to e-mail the lady and see how far she will be willing to drive.

phesina
10-09-2008, 07:19 PM
Melissa, I live not all that far from Jackson. I could go there and pick her up and then bring her at least some of the way to your home. I don't think I could do it all the way to Pennsylvania, but I could at least get her into Ohio, maybe around Toledo.

Pat

Anikaca77
10-10-2008, 05:58 AM
Pat, That would be so great, I sent you a pm!

I just received this e-mail from the lady so I e-mailed her back asking her to see if she can find this black kitten and keep it until we can finalize transportation.

Here is the e-mail:

Thanks for your interest in her, I have to check with my neighbor and see if she's still available, because, I haven't seen her in over a week now and normally shes outside by herself.

I'd be willing to drive to Ohio to find her a good home, but, my vehicle wouldn't make it that far.

Sorry for your loss, I know the feeling all to well. 7 months ago, my beloved pug passed away at only 5 years of age, from unknown causes and I still can't get over him.

Yeah, it breaks my heart to see how this kitten is treated, often left outside by herself, shes just a little thing and she comes over to my house alot, because, I pay attention to her, I bring her in and keep her in for a while, feed her and just hold her, she loves to be held. My son and his friend, have seen my neighbors kids abuse it, they have kicked it in its head, choked it and thrown it around. I'm even more worried, with her being all black and halloween coming up.

phesina
10-10-2008, 05:13 PM
I got your PMs, Melissa, and responded.

We will get this happening somehow, and the sooner the better!

Pat

cristy
10-10-2008, 07:42 PM
I can't stop thinking about this kitten...I just posted on the rescue thread too. Is there any news yet from the owners? I have a friend around findlay OH that might be willing to help with transport...let me know...I hope that this tiny baby is still ok.....

Medusa
10-10-2008, 08:25 PM
I'm equidistant to Akron and Canton, OH so if the kitty is coming this way and needs transport, someone PM me and we'll see if we can work something out.

Anikaca77
10-10-2008, 08:57 PM
I just got this e-mail.

So I'm going to send her one back, I've given her my phone number but I guess she's just not comfortable giving out her phone number.

I'll keep ya'll updated as soon as I know something. I really want to get this kitten if I can to help find a great home.

Melissa

Its all right and I have gotten alot of replys on her, but,
noone, I felt
comfortable adopting her out to. People asking me for my
home address and I
definitely do not feel comfortable giving out my address.
Plus, some were from Texas, Washington and I want the kitten
to get the best home possible, after the life shes had now,
she deserves it and so far, I like your replys best.

Yeah, I can't call, I don't have long distance on my phone
and I will have to talk to my neighbors tomorrow or
something about her, their not home and I haven't seen the
kitten in about a week. So, I'm hoping, they didn't take her
to the pound or her kids did something to it.

Email me back in a day or two and I will see if the still
have her

Cataholic
10-10-2008, 08:58 PM
I will do whatever I can to assist. I am in the southwestern part of the state. So, maybe some financial assistance?

Catty1
10-10-2008, 11:27 PM
Prayers that this kitten is all right! :(

Medusa
10-11-2008, 04:58 AM
If the kitten is ok, she's going to need to give out her phone number and home address eventually to allow people to come to see the kitten. You gave her your phone number but she said she doesn't have long distance calling. Makes no sense. Not on your part, Melissa, but on hers. Will keep you and this little kitten in my prayers and hope for a good update.

phesina
10-11-2008, 04:47 PM
I am getting more and more worried about this kitten, and I join in the prayers that she is safe and will remain safe from now on.

I am thinking of e-mailing the woman directly to introduce myself as the one to begin the transport to Melissa. I assume you told her about me, Melissa? Have you heard anything further from her yet?

I'll tell her that I will be glad to go to Jackson (about 40-45 miles away), or wherever she wants to meet, any time, and pick up the kitten and keep her safely with me until further transport is arranged.

I can give her references on me that she can check, such as the cat shelter and our vet and some of my petsitting clients.

Thanks for everything, to all of you who are helping materially and/or spiritually to rescue this baby.

Pat

Catty1
10-11-2008, 04:55 PM
I am very worried that this baby hasn't been seen for a couple of days. :(

Pat, I hope you can email this woman directly!

phesina
10-11-2008, 06:01 PM
I am very worried that this baby hasn't been seen for a couple of days. :(

Pat, I hope you can email this woman directly!

Candace, I just did.. I'll keep you all posted.

phesina
10-12-2008, 05:32 PM
I just got an e-mail message from the woman who is trying to rescue the kitten. She said "Shes okay, I just drove by my neighbors house and the kitten was sitting outside on their steps."

Now she is going to ask the "owners" (yuck) if they want to rehome her.. and... if she does decide to let her go to Melissa.. well, she would like me to reassure her that, in fact, the kitten "will be loved, taken care of and an indoor cat."

I am in the process of writing her back, telling her how happy I am to learn the kitty is safe and assuring her that Melissa will give her a safe, indoor home where she will be deeply loved and beautifully cared for.

You folks who have known Melissa longer than I have, please give me some additional comments I can pass along to this woman!

I hope to be heading out I-94 to Jackson in the next few days.

Thank GOD the baby is safe! And please keep on with the prayers and good wishes and strong energies that she will soon be out of that awful "home" and on her way to a lifetime of comfort and safety and love.

Pat

Medusa
10-12-2008, 05:46 PM
I think the fact that Melissa just lost her precious Anika not even a week ago speaks volumes for her and how devoted she is to seeing that this kitten has a good home.

phesina
10-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks, Mary. I did bring up Melissa's devotion and care for her beloved Anika and heartbreak at losing her, saying this should tell her a great deal about Melissa and what a fine, loving, safe home she will give this kitten.

Moesha
10-12-2008, 06:45 PM
She has also gone above and beyond the call of duty to try to help numerous kitties that have been in need, including but certainly not limited to Fatty and Pretty Girl.

Catty1
10-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Maybe - with Melissa's permission - send this lady a link to the tribute Melissa wrote for Anika.

(Poor Annie - {{{{hugs}}}} to all that loved her so.)

Anikaca77
10-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Thank you Catty.

Anika would want us to take in a kitten that is being mistreated. That's what I'm looking to do, is get this poor kitten some vet care, and get her taken care of.

I'm just looking forward to getting this kitten to be indoors and loving her.

Thank you all for your wonderful comments,

Melissa

Maybe - with Melissa's permission - send this lady a link to the tribute Melissa wrote for Anika.

(Poor Annie - {{{{hugs}}}} to all that loved her so.)

Anikaca77
10-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Just wanted to let everyone know we are still waiting to hear back from this women.

It doesn't look like I will be picking her up this weekend. I hope next weekend for sure. I just wish I knew what was going on.

This was the last reply that I heard from her which was Wed. morning. Pat and I have both asked this women for her neighbors address so that we can drive there and get the kitten ourselves but we haven't heard anything yet. At least we know the kitten is still around.

Here is her reply from Wed. morning:

"Sorry, I haven't replyed lately, I haven't
been online.

And yes, I seen the kitten again today outside.
So, shes still around. I will try and talk to
my neighbors tomorrow and see what I can do, so
Pat can hopefully get her to you this weekend.
I would like her rehomed, before devils night
and halloween, beings shes all black and
should not be outside."

Here is a thread I posted, I put some things up on Ebay to help pay for the kittens vet visit. I just hope I can get this kitten. I really wanted to pick her up this weekend.

http://www.petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=147247

Catty1
10-17-2008, 09:49 AM
If you have her last name and town, and maybe a phone #, I can likely track her down and get you an address.

PM me with any factual information you have.

ETA: Found a "Rey Mysterio" in CA, IN, OH, and CT - nothing in MI anywhere.

Anikaca77
10-17-2008, 10:31 AM
Catty,

Actually we don't even know this lady's first name, she never writes it at the end of her e-mails and I asked her the past time I e-mailed her and I'm still waiting on the response.

I asked for her phone number and she never gave it to me. I gave her a calling card # and my phone # to call and Pat gave her # to call as well as we still don't have anything.

Yes I tried to search her name based on her e-mail but nothing :(

I will e-mail her again later today and see if I can get her phone number.

I told Pam in this mornings e-mail I wonder if the lady spoke with the neighbors to see if they still wanted her to find a home for the kitten and they told her no and she just isen't e-mailing me back.

But I don't know why you would post this up on Petfinder-
http://forums.petfinder.com/viewtopic.php?t=161153

and not want to tell anyone the address where the kitten is at so it can be saved. I understand she doesn't want to be viewed probably as stealing the kitten but she's the one that is asking for "Kitten Desperately Needs A Home" and that's what Pat and I are working on doing but she won't call.

I guess we'll just wait to see what happens.

If you have her last name and town, and maybe a phone #, I can likely track her down and get you an address.

PM me with any factual information you have.

ETA: Found a "Rey Mysterio" in CA, IN, OH, and CT - nothing in MI anywhere.

Medusa
10-17-2008, 11:09 AM
This is so frustrating. I can imagine how you must feel, especially the closer it gets to Halloween as this woman acknowledged. Boy, we'll sure keep the prayers going for this little one.

Catty1
10-17-2008, 11:33 AM
Maybe give the woman a history on "poofing". IF THE ANIMAL IS BEING ABUSED THE ABUSERS HAVE NO RIGHT TO GIVE PERMISSION. If someone here is willing to drive up there and do that, maybe they can get the NEIGHBOUR'S address. Then the person can go get kitty, and maybe leave an anonymous note as to why the kitten is gone - and that it is safe and loved.

Why has she not called Animal Control to report the abuse?

I hope she is for real and is not yanking our chain.

If you can email me one of her emails with Full Headers, I can glean something from it. Or forward it the same way to Animal Control or the local Humane there.

This waffling just sucks! JMO.

JustineNYC
10-17-2008, 12:22 PM
"Rey Mysterio" is a wrestler, I doubt thats anyones real name.

I dont understand, this woman put an ad on pet finder and when she got help, she doesnt want to tell anyone her phone number or address? How is anyone suppose to help then?

Sounds like shes changed her mind or is someone seeking attention. Anyone else think so?

Anikaca77
10-17-2008, 12:37 PM
This was my last e-mail to her which I sent yesterday:

Mrsreymysterio,

It is getting very close to Saturday and Saturday is the only day that I can
come for the kitten.

Plus we are running out of time before Halloween!

What I would like is for you to give Pat your neighbors address so that she
can go and pick up this kitten if this is the way we have to do. I'm only
at work tomorrow and I'll need to print off directions so that I can meet
Pat on Saturday!

Next I called my vets yesterday and scheduled an appointment for Monday
evening at 7 pm to have this kitten checked out. Pat told me she e-mailed
you her cell phone number and I would really really suggest giving her a
call with your neighbors address so that way she can get this kitten.

Plus I gave you that calling card # and here it is again incase you can't
call Pat's cell phone for whatever reason you can use my calling card.

Here are the directions again.

The phone # is

1-866-351-4042

Press 1 for English

Pin # is 106 639 401 4

We need to make this happen ASAP!

I'm not trying to be rude or anything but I don't want this kitten getting
killed on the road or worse when Pat and I have the chance to save it but
the communication here is not very clear and we need to know the address of your neighbors and we won't look for you or anything.

Now if you want to go and take this kitten in and call Pat and get her to
meet you somewhere with this kitten that is fine but we are running out of
time! Halloween is coming up very quickly.

We just need the address of your neighbors so that we can get her inside and that I can meet Pat on Saturday since I can't meet her on Sunday!

Please try to understand we need to get this kitten inside regardless if
your neighbors are still willing to give her up or not! They do not deserve
to have her, and the parents should be taken to court for allowing their
boys to beat up on a defenseless kitten.

Please get back to me ASAP or call Pat on her cell phone with the calling
number I provided you.

pomtzu
10-17-2008, 12:43 PM
I dont understand, this woman put an ad on pet finder and when she got help, she doesnt want to tell anyone her phone number or address?

someone seeking attention. Anyone else think so?

It's beginning to sound that way, isn't it? :mad: I hope I'm wrong!

Medusa
10-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Yes, it's annoying when people ask for help, then don't cooperate. I hope it's that she's just lazy and doesn't pay attention to questions in the email but to withhold a phone number sounds fishy. I sure hope I'm wrong.

JustineNYC
10-17-2008, 01:07 PM
She hasnt asked anyone for money has she?

Anikaca77
10-17-2008, 01:31 PM
She hasnt asked anyone for money has she?

Nope she sounds like she does care for the cat, I think she just is being cautious due to living in a city.

Here is the one e-mail that Pat and I received on Sunday:

"Shes okay, I just drove by my neighbors house and the kitten was sitting outside on their steps.

I just have to find out from my neighbors, if their still looking to rehome her, which, as far as I know, they are. I'm a little protective of her, beings I try my best to take care of her when I can. So, I want her to go to the best home possible, a loving, indoor home. After the life shes had now, she deserves it.

I will get back to you as soon as I talk to my neighbors about her and please, if I do decide to let her go to your friend, assure me, that, in fact, she will be loved, taken care of and an indoor cat. I'm sorry, not trying to be rude, I just really love animals and her and want to make sure, she will be safe in her forever home."

I hope she's not pulling my leg and I'm sure she's not, I just think she's busy with her kids probably or something.

cristy
10-17-2008, 03:02 PM
This is the email that I just sent to mrsreymysterio:

I have been checking Pet talk regularly and have seen that you are seeing the kitten again! YAY!!! Phesina (Pat from Pet talk) lives here in MI and is a WONDERFUL "kitty person"...she would love this little gal with all her heart. I PROMISE you that we are all legit. I first started using this website when I found a handicapped stray that I needed to find a home for before we left New Jersey (we just moved here to Mi in July). I didn't have a choice other than to give out my address and phone number. I was scared to do that too, but a kind man named John came to my hose and picked up the cat...along with a newborn kitten that my husband found the day before!! There people are all AWESOME and extremely trustworthy. Steal this little kitten if you need to and meet Pat...you will love her dedication to this poor angel kitten....I promise!

God Bless...we are all praying for the kitten and you!

Cristy

Hopefully this may help....

Catty1
10-17-2008, 07:03 PM
Would there be any point in emailing the guy who runs her ISP? Melissa found a way to track it down to somewhere on Miner Street, Palma MI...but that's about all.

I have another idea...back in a bit.

Anikaca77
10-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Catty,

please keep in mind that this address may not be correct and that I may not have the right place at all.

I'm really hoping this women will e-mail me very soon.

I'm kinda wondering if she made all this up to be honest..we'll see

Would there be any point in emailing the guy who runs her ISP? Melissa found a way to track it down to somewhere on Miner Street, Palma MI...but that's about all.

I have another idea...back in a bit.

Catty1
10-17-2008, 07:15 PM
I know. The IP provider is in Jackson MI...I sent all the info to a bright creative computer guy to see if he had any ideas.

phesina
10-17-2008, 07:58 PM
As I just posted in Cat>Rescue>Anyone Near Jackson, Michigan?? 6 Week Old Kitten Needs A Home :

Melissa and I have both posted messages to the original Petfinder thread about this kitten (http://forums.petfinder.com/viewtopic.php?p=1631871#1631871).

We have been trying for days to get this woman to get in touch with us, and we've gotten very few messages (none in the last 3 days or so) and no phone calls from her. She didn't even give us her name!, let alone address or phone number or any other identifying information.
Pat

I also looked up the Cascades Humane Society in Jackson, which she said she had contacted about taking the kitten and they'd told her they were full. The Humane Society is open tomorrow 12-6pm. I plan to give them a call, to see if they might have an address or any information that might help. And then depending on what I learn, a trip to Jackson may be on the agenda! According to Mapquest the CHS is 38.40 miles away from me and it should take me about 42 minutes to get there because the trip is almost entirely on I-94.

Pat

Catty1
10-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Does anyone here have a Petfinder account?

I went to the link and clicked "Profile" on the user's post...but because I don't have an account I can't log in. Not that there would be any useful information there, but you never know.

hey - how about contacting the PF moderator, if there is one?

Catty1
10-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Hey, Pat - phoning Cascades, or having the Jackson HS do it, might not be a bad idea!;)

ETA: How about posting that quoted message to the Petfinder thread?

I'm trying to register so I can check the Profile, and even contact the admin...no luck so far.

phesina
10-17-2008, 09:16 PM
I have a Petfinder account. I just signed up for it today. It was easier for me to get onto than Pet Talk! (Guess what my username or handle or whatever they call them there is. :D)

And guess what also: aside from revealing that pugluver's language is English and time zone is GMT-5 Hours and gender is unknown, the profile has no actually identifying or descriptive information whatsoever! SURPRISE!

Here's the only bit of slightly-interesting information there about her:
Last visit time: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:03 pm

Which suggests some kind of hit-and-run troll?

I think I've found the moderator or, actually, administrator to get in touch with, and now I'm composing my private message to her/him/them/it (auto-responder?)/whatever.

moosmom
10-18-2008, 11:26 AM
Great idea!! Can I haelp??

phesina
10-18-2008, 03:20 PM
Great idea!! Can I help??

Thank you, moosmom! Right now I can't think of anything, but I'll let you know if something comes up. Are you in Michigan also?

Meanwhile, please pray for this little kitten (assuming she's for real) and that we get her out of that awful situation and home with Melissa soon. Please, everybody pray for the little kitten!

Yesterday I e-mailed the Petfinders administrator asking if he/she can find out if this user and story are for real and if so encourage her to let us take the kitty to safety.

Then I wrote another e-mail to the Cascades Humane Society asking if they had any contact information for this person, who had said she called them but they told her they were full or any suggestions on how we can save this kitten. Then I called them to follow up on the e-mail.

I was told that if when she called she was told they were full (and they've been full for months), then there would be no record of the call. One person at the CHS, named Sue, might be able to give me a little assistance, but she won't be in to work until Tuesday (they aren't open Sundays or Mondays).

I asked the person I spoke with if she would e-mail my message to Sue so she will see it before Tuesday, and she said she would.

Still no reply from the admin or responses to my Petfinder and e-mail messages to pugluver/msterio/whatever.. and no phone calls.

Thanks,
Pat

Hellow
10-18-2008, 07:11 PM
I would suggest sending a email to [email protected] as that will, usually, redirect to someone who can assist.

phesina
10-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Thanks, Reggie..

Anikaca77
10-19-2008, 07:04 AM
I FINALLY HEARD FROM HER BUT YET NO ANSWERS TO ANY OF MY QUESTIONS?? LIKE HER NAME? HER NEIGHBORS ADDRESS?

The last e-mail I sent her was on Friday asking her to call me with the calling card I gave her telling her I'd like to get this kitten this weekend and that Pat and I would like her's neighbors address as to where the kitten and surprise no answers to anything just do I still want the kitten. I posted my reply under her e-mail I got.

> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Kitten desperately needs a home Petfinder
> Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 06:39:34 -0500
>
> I am really sorry, I haven't gotten back to
> you lately, I haven't been able to get online.
> Let me know, if you still want this kitten.
> Right now, I have not seen her in days again
> and my neighbors have been gone, so, without
> seeing her around, I can't get her. The
> nighbors are due back Monday, so, if, I don't
> see the kitten, between now and then, I will
> have to go over there monday and find out
> where she is.

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Kitten desperately needs a home Petfinder
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:51:49 +0000

Mam,

I REALLY WANT THIS KITTEN PLEASE

Get her for me or please please give us your neighbors address please!

Please. CALL ME PLEASE AS SOON AS YOU GET HER. Pat is willing to come at anytime to meet you anywhere you want so we can get this kitten inside!

I really want her and want to give her a good home please!

Melissa

pomtzu
10-19-2008, 07:35 AM
The more I read, the more I really think this is a hoax, and this person is playing a cruel game with all you kind hearted souls that are trying to save this kitten - if the kitten actually exists. :mad: Nothing adds up!!!!!!

Medusa
10-19-2008, 07:57 AM
The more I read, the more I really think this is a hoax, and this person is playing a cruel game with all you kind hearted souls that are trying to save this kitten - if the kitten actually exists. :mad: Nothing adds up!!!!!!

Yes, something is fishy here although she may just be lazy and will do as little as possible in all this to rescue the kitten. I've known people like this who mention a cat in peril, other people take the necessary action to rescue it, and then they take the credit for it. If that's the case, then so be it as long as the kitten is safe. Prayers are continuing for the kitten and everyone who is diligently working to get it to safety and a good permanent home.

Catty1
10-19-2008, 09:32 AM
I think it's about time someone at Cascades or etc contacted their cop buddies and got a court order to contact the ISP and find out who the heck this is, and what she is up to.

She DOES have dial-up, and these days it can be really hard to get online if she is in a large and busy area.

Pat, I know you have contacted everybody you can - I hope one of the PetFinder people will contact you!

If and when "we" know her address, and if this is a hoax, I'd be tempted to drive there and throw eggs all over her front window. But then I'D get arrested! :mad:

I bet the kitten is in the house with food and water - they wouldn't have taken it with them, I don't think.

Prayers that ALL kittens in trouble get rescued. :love:

pomtzu
10-19-2008, 11:07 AM
OK - maybe I should just shut up and mind my own business, but this whole thing just isn't right - IMO! The pieces just don't fit in this puzzle! :( In the posts that this person made in Petfinder, she(?) said that the humane society had read her original post asking for help, and emailed her back that they had no openings, yet in her emails that she has sent to Melissa, she said she "called" the humane society and was told there were no openings. So which was it? She won't give her address or phone #, but yet she won't contact Melissa even tho Melissa gave her a calling card # to use. I wonder why??? She also said at least twice that she would go talk to the kitten's owner - so why hasn't she - they aren't gone all the time. She also claims that the kids abused the kitten by kicking it in the head and choking it. If this is the case, and the kitten is outside and not in the house all the time, I would think it would have run away by now. Animals aren't dumb enough to go back for repeated abuse and they leave if given the opportunity most of the time. See where I'm going here??? - nothing makes sense!!!:mad: I just have a gut feeling about this.....Maybe a lonely person looking for attention, or perhaps a kid with nothing better to do and sitting back and laughing about the whole thing...????
I don't know - maybe I'm wrong - I hope so!!!

Hellow
10-19-2008, 12:36 PM
OK - maybe I should just shut up and mind my own business, but this whole thing just isn't right - IMO! The pieces just don't fit in this puzzle! :( In the posts that this person made in Petfinder, she(?) said that the humane society had read her original post asking for help, and emailed her back that they had no openings, yet in her emails that she has sent to Melissa, she said she "called" the humane society and was told there were no openings. So which was it? She won't give her address or phone #, but yet she won't contact Melissa even tho Melissa gave her a calling card # to use. I wonder why??? She also said at least twice that she would go talk to the kitten's owner - so why hasn't she - they aren't gone all the time. She also claims that the kids abused the kitten by kicking it in the head and choking it. If this is the case, and the kitten is outside and not in the house all the time, I would think it would have run away by now. Animals aren't dumb enough to go back for repeated abuse and they leave if given the opportunity most of the time. See where I'm going here??? - nothing makes sense!!!:mad: I just have a gut feeling about this.....Maybe a lonely person looking for attention, or perhaps a kid with nothing better to do and sitting back and laughing about the whole thing...????
I don't know - maybe I'm wrong - I hope so!!!

I am suspecting near the same things. The line is not continuous, it branches into two different stories. Nothing fits together right unless you disregard some parts which eliminates the purpose. The fact that she will not allow anyone to contact her in any manner except email is another thing. This is, IMO, a internet troll with nothing better to do in its life.

Catty1
10-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Well, let's hope she is nailed soon!

phesina
10-19-2008, 02:26 PM
In the posts that this person made in Petfinder, she(?) said that the humane society had read her original post asking for help, and emailed her back that they had no openings, yet in her emails that she has sent to Melissa, she said she "called" the humane society and was told there were no openings. So which was it?

Oops, that was MY mistake, in my report of my telephone call to the Cascades Humane Society: In her Petfinder message she did say the Humane Society had emailed her after seeing her first post there.. but when I called the CHS I just asked about it as I thought I'd remembered it, that she had called them about the kitten.

Either way, the Cascades Humane Society has been full for months and would not have taken the kitten and would not have any further information on the person.

I've been wondering too if this person is just a troll, someone with excess time to fill who likes to stir other people up.

But I'm still checking e-mail and Petfinder and cell-phone messages and such (still nothing on any from her), as long as there's still a chance for the kitten if it might actually exist.

And I still have no response to my message to Petadmin. Reggie, I followed your advice and this morning sent a copy of my Petadmin message to [email protected], thanks.

pomtzu
10-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Oops, that was MY mistake, in my report of my telephone call to the Cascades Humane Society: In her Petfinder message she did say the Humane Society had emailed her after seeing her first post there.. but when I called the CHS I just asked about it as I thought I'd remembered it, that she had called them about the kitten.

Either way, the Cascades Humane Society has been full for months and would not have taken the kitten and would not have any further information on the person.

The humane society would have an email record if they really did send her one - right? Maybe that could be checked out.

Anikaca77
10-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Catty,

Since we did hear from her today, I think we should just wait maybe another day or two to see if she talks with the neighbors and gets the kitten before we try to get a court order or scare this women off.

I'm not sure if this is a hoax or not but I have a feeling it is not and that she's just a person who cares but just doesn't have the time to e-mail and call or whatever. I know she has a kid so maybe she has a few and she's just really really busy.

I'm of course very worried about this black kitten but I just think getting a court order might be the wrong thing since she did contact us today.

I'd say if we don't hear from her in 2 days or so then maybe do it or see what Petfinder people say.

Melissa

phesina
10-19-2008, 05:58 PM
The humane society would have an email record if they really did send her one - right? Maybe that could be checked out.

They might be able to track down the e-mail, but we would be at the same point of not being able to get further identification of the sender from the ISP without a court order.

phesina
10-19-2008, 06:04 PM
If and when "we" know her address, and if this is a hoax, I'd be tempted to drive there and throw eggs all over her front window. But then I'D get arrested! :mad:

If and when that happens I'd be very strongly tempted to drive straight to Jackson with a whole carload of eggs! ..a carton for everyone who is being strung along on this.

"Just an early Halloween prank, Officer!.."

Meanwhile, what is most important is to find out that the kitten is safe and collect it from this person.

I bet the kitten is in the house with food and water - they wouldn't have taken it with them, I don't think.

Prayers that ALL kittens in trouble get rescued. :love:
Here's hoping and praying...

Anikaca77
10-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Meanwhile, what is most important is to find out that the kitten is safe and collect it from this person.

Here's hoping and praying...

Exactly!

I hope we hear from her tonight, my husband work's late hours so I told him to keep checking my account while he's home in case she is e-mailing really really late and maybe I could e-mail her back and get 2 responses or something.

pomtzu
10-19-2008, 06:11 PM
They might be able to track down the e-mail, but we would be at the same point of not being able to get further identification of the sender from the ISP without a court order.

True, but my thought was this:
If she really did get email from the humane society, then she just might be telling the truth about the whole thing.
If in fact there was no email sent to her by the humane society, then she lied about it, and possibly lied about all the rest too.

It's just strange that it's been dragging on for 10 days now, when she so urgently asked for help in the first place.

I just hate to think that good people are being conned!!! Frustrating to say the least. :(

Anikaca77
10-19-2008, 07:56 PM
I know I still have my doubts but I'm hoping that she's just very busy and just doesn't have time to e-mail and well cares about the situation but is finding it hard to deal with it maybe.

I'm not sure really.

We'll see soon enough hopefully. I do hope we can get this figured out.

True, but my thought was this:
If she really did get email from the humane society, then she just might be telling the truth about the whole thing.
If in fact there was no email sent to her by the humane society, then she lied about it, and possibly lied about all the rest too.

It's just strange that it's been dragging on for 10 days now, when she so urgently asked for help in the first place.

I just hate to think that good people are being conned!!! Frustrating to say the least. :(

Hellow
10-19-2008, 09:54 PM
Catty,

Since we did hear from her today, I think we should just wait maybe another day or two to see if she talks with the neighbors and gets the kitten before we try to get a court order or scare this women off.

I'm not sure if this is a hoax or not but I have a feeling it is not and that she's just a person who cares but just doesn't have the time to e-mail and call or whatever. I know she has a kid so maybe she has a few and she's just really really busy.

I'm of course very worried about this black kitten but I just think getting a court order might be the wrong thing since she did contact us today.

I'd say if we don't hear from her in 2 days or so then maybe do it or see what Petfinder people say.

Melissa

Getting a court order could possibly end up being the last option if she wont talk.

Catty1
10-19-2008, 10:32 PM
HOpefully the police/AC can get the information and speak with her DIRECTLY. (If it IS a her).

I can imagine if it's a kid...there will be a really angry parent or two!

Anikaca77
10-20-2008, 01:01 AM
I just checked my e-mail address and I got this e-mail. It's 2 a.m. here.

Her name is Charity.

I have to go over there tomorrow, I can't give
out my neighbors address, so, I will talk to
my neighbors tomorrow, if, their not home and
I see the kitten, I will take her, contact Pam
and have her meet me somewhere to get her.
Oh, my name is Charity by the way.

Let's wait on the court order though until we hear from her tomorrow ok.

Thanks,
Melissa

pomtzu
10-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Well that's good news - I hope!! Fingers and toes crossed that this might finally get the ball rolling and get kitty in safe hands!:)
In a case like this - I'm really happy to be admitting that I was wrong! :D

GILL
10-20-2008, 12:05 PM
Here's keeping all paws and fingers crossed.

phesina
10-20-2008, 03:55 PM
I got a similar e-mail from her this morning, too:

--->
I will go over there tomorrow, if, my
neighbors aren't home and I see the kitten,
I will take her and contact you, to meet me
somewhere to pick her up.
---

I have been checking the cell phone. Nothing yet, but maybe something in the next day or two?!

Medusa
10-21-2008, 08:39 AM
How frustrating! I guess I'm just too upset right now but I have zero tolerance for this nonsense. Urgent pleas for help call for urgent action and she's done nothing to help either of you to help this little kitten. In fact, it appears that she's even thwarting things. I do hope that all this gets settled and soon for the kitten's sake and for yours, too, Melissa and Pat.

pomtzu
10-21-2008, 05:00 PM
I guess no news isn't good news??!! What's with this "person" anyway??? I'd sure like to meet her face to face - this whole thing is ludicrous! :mad:

phesina
10-21-2008, 05:30 PM
No e-mails, no cell-phone messages yet.

And no response yet from Petadmin or Webmaster @ Petfinder.. or from the woman at the Humane Society who theoretically might be able to do something.

Yeah, this Charity or whatever was the one urgently looking for help on Oct. 1 on Petfinder.. and here we've been BEGGING her to let us know how we can get the kitten from her and take her to safety.. and there's just one stonewall after another from her.

Anikaca77
10-22-2008, 07:12 AM
No response today either.

I'm hoping she'll reply today or tonight like last week.

Thanks,
Melissa

Medusa
10-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Even if she does reply, either the situation was NOT urgent, as she indicated, or she just doesn't care enough to take action. Everyone is busy so that excuse just does not fly. Her lack of communication is inexcusable unless she's had something catastrophic happen in her own family to cause this delay, which is doubtful. She's the type that, if you do rescue this kitten, she'll tell everyone how she rescued it. In the end though, the important thing is the safety of the kitten, if it even exists, but to keep you two running around in circles is cruel. It may sound unfeeling on my part but when I was actively involved in rescue, I'd make a couple of good attempts to contact people like this and, if I had no success, I moved on because there were too many others who were sincere in their efforts to help cats in distress. If this turns out to not be a hoax and you do manage to rescue this kitten, she'd get an earful that she'd never forget if I was involved. She needs a good slap!

Anikaca77
10-22-2008, 01:38 PM
I just called the Cascades Humane Society and explained the situation and they said without any information they can't do anything. They said that I could try to contact the Police Department to see if they will do a search (she said they may not) for the IP address but she said that does get expensive. She did check her e-mails and the only one she found about a black kitten was from Pat.

I asked this lady who I spoke with if you would ever search Petfinder for ads or cats that are looking for homes? She said no. She said most of the time (90%) people will call in and ask if there is space available and right now there isn't any space available.

So I'm not sure if Charity meant she called the Jackson Cascades and they said they were full or maybe she did e-mail them but they don't have record of it.

I take it, now we are just in a waiting game until we hear something from her. I'm willing to give her until the end of October and if I don't hear anything from her then maybe it will be time to close this case since we can't see to get anywhere and I can't afford court fees just to find out she was faking this whole time.

I have a feeling she isn't and that she's just very busy but this all is a bit weird that she won't call or try to get this kitten and I've been trying work with her since Oct. 8th.

pomtzu
10-22-2008, 02:13 PM
I asked this lady who I spoke with if you would ever search Petfinder for ads or cats that are looking for homes? She said no. She said most of the time (90%) people will call in and ask if there is space available and right now there isn't any space available.

Melissa - go back and read what was posted by "Charity" on Petfinder. She said that the humane society emailed HER and told her that there were no openings after reading her first post requesting help. BIG FAT LIE!!! As you said above - they don't do that! I'm right back to what I suspected almost from the beginning - just a hoax. This troll is just playing a game, and it's such as shame that you and Pat have put so much time and effort into rescuing a kitten that most likely doesn't even exist.
I'm fuming mad :mad::mad::mad:

Anikaca77
10-22-2008, 02:48 PM
Melissa - go back and read what was posted by "Charity" on Petfinder. She said that the humane society emailed HER and told her that there were no openings after reading her first post requesting help. BIG FAT LIE!!! As you said above - they don't do that! I'm right back to what I suspected almost from the beginning - just a hoax. This troll is just playing a game, and it's such as shame that you and Pat have put so much time and effort into rescuing a kitten that most likely doesn't even exist.
I'm fuming mad :mad::mad::mad:

The only thing that makes me have a little hope is maybe she meant that she e-mailed the Humane Society and they told her they were full.

I don't think she re-reads what she writes and alot of the time I don't either.

I'm just sad to say there isn't more I can do for this kitten and I wish there was.

pomtzu
10-22-2008, 03:01 PM
The only thing that makes me have a little hope is maybe she meant that she e-mailed the Humane Society and they told her they were full.

I don't think she re-reads what she writes and alot of the time I don't either.

I'm just sad to say there isn't more I can do for this kitten and I wish there was.

I wish I had your optimism, but I've seen too many con games in my life. :( This just isn't at all believable to me - especially not as long as it's been dragging on!

Anikaca77
10-22-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks I just don't want to let this kitten down if there is one.

I wish I had your optimism, but I've seen too many con games in my life. :( This just isn't at all believable to me - especially not as long as it's been dragging on!

phesina
10-22-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't want to let the kitten down either...

No phone messages from "Charity" yet.

Taz_Zoee
10-22-2008, 03:30 PM
I've been watching this thread. And this whole thing does sound a little fishy to me. But what would this person gain out of this being a hoax? She's not asking for money or anything. Sigh....I just don't know. I do hope there isn't a kitten living under these circumstances.

phesina
10-22-2008, 03:42 PM
I gather that there are people who get their kicks out of "making things happen"... particularly getting bleeding-hearts types to jump through hoops to try to help a child/pet/deathly ill person/etc. be rescued.

If anyone has some good ideas we could use to convince them it's worth checking out, I can call the Jackson Police and/or the Jackson County Animal Control tomorrow to see if we could get a court order for the ISP to release identifying information on this "Charity."

As Melissa said, it can be rather expensive, but I would be willing to at least contribute. I could perhaps get an idea of the expense involved from the authorities when I call.

I'm kind of thinking this is just a troll too, but on the off chance the kitten is real and so is the danger, I'll keep trying to get her.

Pat

pomtzu
10-22-2008, 03:54 PM
I gather that there are people who get their kicks out of "making things happen"... particularly getting bleeding-hearts types to jump through hoops to try to help a child/pet/deathly ill person/etc. be rescued.

If anyone has some good ideas we could use to convince them it's worth checking out, I can call the Jackson Police and/or the Jackson County Animal Control tomorrow to see if we could get a court order for the ISP to release identifying information on this "Charity."

As Melissa said, it can be rather expensive, but I would be willing to at least contribute. I could perhaps get an idea of the expense involved from the authorities when I call.

I'm kind of thinking this is just a troll too, but on the off chance the kitten is real and so is the danger, I'll keep trying to get her.

Pat

Wouldn't it be best first to talk to the police or animal control to see if there would even be any kind of charges that they could throw at her. Has she broken any law??? I don't know that it's illegal to send good hearted people on a wild goose chase. Probably the only law that's been broken is the one of common decency.

Medusa
10-22-2008, 06:41 PM
I don't know that it's a hoax necessarily. I just think she doesn't really care that she's making you jump through hoops. She wanted help and then when she was made to realize that she might actually have to put forth some effort, then she became uncommunicative. It happens a lot in rescue, unfortunately. If the kitten was truly in peril, she should have done something herself, being right there and seeing what was going on. She wants to wash her hands of the affair and have someone else do the dirty work. I pray that the kitten is safe. This is a dirty rotten stinkin' shame.

Catty1
10-22-2008, 08:16 PM
I have sent an email to the ISP, and bcc'd Anikaca77 and phesina.

Although he cannot tell us anything, I asked if, as an ISP, he could find out if this person is committing any internet fraud (I didn't use those exact words!).

I can't think of anyone else to email? The FCC?

Medusa
10-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Boy, I'll tell ya what, this chick doesn't know who she's messin' with, does she? Don't get PTers on your trail if you're thwarting an animal rescue! LOL :love:

JustineNYC
10-22-2008, 09:46 PM
I've been watching this thread. And this whole thing does sound a little fishy to me. But what would this person gain out of this being a hoax? She's not asking for money or anything. Sigh....I just don't know. I do hope there isn't a kitten living under these circumstances.

We'll never know. Some people are lonely and starved for attention. Im also sad to see nothing has come of this.

On the upside, there are a million other strays who need rescuing.

JustineNYC
10-22-2008, 09:49 PM

Pat

Well now that everyone has been ubber nice to the lady, why doesnt someone email her and tell her you are contacting her police department and internet service provider to try and see if the entire thing was a hoax.

It may scare her, cause being nice and pleading isnt working.

Catty1
10-23-2008, 08:26 AM
JustineNYC - that's a good idea in that it WOULD scare her - but then she could delete her post and just disappear...and if there IS a kitten, then the effort is futzed!

Unless someone can report a case of suspected animal abuse, AND the only contact/witness is this person they can't find...then the AC or whoever might be able to get info from the ISP that we can't - especially if someone happens to be friends with the guy.

Anikaca77
10-23-2008, 08:53 AM
JustineNYC - that's a good idea in that it WOULD scare her - but then she could delete her post and just disappear...and if there IS a kitten, then the effort is futzed!

Unless someone can report a case of suspected animal abuse, AND the only contact/witness is this person they can't find...then the AC or whoever might be able to get info from the ISP that we can't - especially if someone happens to be friends with the guy.

Yes we don't want to scare her off. I wish she would of e-mailed last night but I have a feeling there is nothing more we can do but wait to hear from her.

I just can't believe though if this is a hoax that she would want to do this because it just doesn't seem like one, because she's not asking for any money or anything. All I wanted was to share my love with this kitten but how can I help her if I can't get this kitten.

Melissa

Anikaca77
10-23-2008, 09:33 AM
Here is the latest:

Yes, I have been very busy and can not get online
everyday. I have a 12 year old son and a boyfriend,
so, I spend time with them. I also have a dog and
other family members.

As for the kitten, theres really not much I can do
until, I either see her, or can get in touch with my
neighbors, which, I have yet to do, that's why, I haven't
got back to you...I have no new news on her yet. I am
trying my hardest, to get her to you before Halloween
gets here.

Anyways, I just can't give out someone elses address,
for safety reasons and I know, I wouldn't want someone
giving mine out without my permission.

Medusa
10-23-2008, 09:37 AM
Blah blah blah! We're all busy and some of us have waaay more to do than raise a 12 year old who's in school all day. And a boyfriend, too? My my, how does she do it? Does she not think that you're busy and that you have a family, too? Her attitude is callous and she's full of it! No apology, no concern for the kitten other than saying she wants it to be rescued by Halloween. There's no real caring here for this kitten; she's more concerned about the neighbor who is allowing the abuse to continue than she is about the kitten. How can she say that she's trying her hardest to get the kitten to you when she just admitted that she hasn't even contacted the neighbor yet?! This makes me furious! :mad:

Anikaca77
10-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Mary,

Save your energy for Pidge, BTW I forgot to mention I got her phone number.
;)

Melissa

Blah blah blah! We're all busy and some of us have waaay more to do than raise a 12 year old who's in school all day. And a boyfriend, too? My my, how does she do it? Does she not think that you're busy and that you have a family, too? Her attitude is callous and she's full of it! No apology, no concern for the kitten other than saying she wants it to be rescued by Halloween. There's no real caring here for this kitten; she's more concerned about the neighbor who is allowing the abuse to continue than she is about the kitten. How can she say that she's trying her hardest to get the kitten to you when she just admitted that she hasn't even contacted the neighbor yet?! This makes me furious! :mad:

Emeraldgreen
10-23-2008, 10:19 AM
I wonder if a 'neutral' meeting spot that would be considered safe by Charity would be more appealing to her. What if you asked her to scoop the kitten the next time she sees it and then meets you at a police station parking lot or an animal control facility. That way she would hopefully feel safe.

It does sound fishy and her safety and her neighbour's safety seem to be her biggest issue so it would be interesting to see what she would say if you suggested this. But I think I read somewhere in your thread that she doesn't want to just 'take' the cat so that might not work.

GILL
10-23-2008, 10:20 AM
There is a good chance that you could do a reverse look up on line. I do this farely often as some of my customers leave off thier address.

pomtzu
10-23-2008, 10:27 AM

Ditto Mary!

Let's see - I have myself to look out for, plus in the same house is my 12 yr old grandson, my son, my DIL, 2 dogs, and 2 cats - and I manage to find lots of spare time to do just about anything I want. Not that I have to look out for the other adults, but I take on as much as any parent with my grandson! This broad needs to learn how to multi-task, or just one task in this instance would be great! GET THE KITTEN! And why the heck did she even ask for help before she had the kitten in her possession??? :confused: I would think that should have been the starting point! DUH!

lvpets2002
10-23-2008, 12:06 PM
:) I am with the rest of you guys.. This person is full of CRAP.. If I only had a 12 yr old son & a boyfriend = I for sure would be very board with life.. There is something that lady is not telling.. I wish she just would help give the kitten a good home.. Which I guess in this women's thoughts that would take more mental time Than time from the Heart..
Ditto Mary!

Let's see - I have myself to look out for, plus in the same house is my 12 yr old grandson, my son, my DIL, 2 dogs, and 2 cats - and I manage to find lots of spare time to do just about anything I want. Not that I have to look out for the other adults, but I take on as much as any parent with my grandson! This broad needs to learn how to multi-task, or just one task in this instance would be great! GET THE KITTEN! And why the heck did she even ask for help before she had the kitten in her possession??? :confused: I would think that should have been the starting point! DUH!

Anikaca77
10-23-2008, 12:09 PM
Hi everyone. I just sent this message to Pat so I figured you guys would like to read it as well. So here it is.

But I decided I wanted to see if the phone number she gave us was real and well it is.

I called her about 11:50 a.m. and talked with her till 12:20 p.m.

So anyway, I asked her if Pat (as long as Pat doesn't mind that is and has
the time) could call her later this evening and then you (Charity) can make
plans and possibly give Pat your address so that way if you don't mind Pat
could stop by your house, meet with you and see where you normally would see the kitten.

I think if you talk with her long enough she will be willing to do so. I
also told her that she doesn't need to give me her address since I'm in PA
but it would be helpful since Pat lives only about 40 miles from her roughly
speaking.

She went over that she does care for this cat but she's on diability and her
neighbors told her she could have this kitten as well because it's not her
neighbors that own the cat that abuse it, it's the neighbors next door to
them.

She also told me that she used to foster animals for a local humane society
who would drop off animals and then pick them up once they were adopted.

I asked her if she could put my phone number and Pat's number (hopefully you didn't mind Pat) on a piece of paper and put it in their mailbox letting
them know that we are interested in adopting the black kitten.

So I told her I would provide a great home and vet care for this kitten and
I would love it.

Ok so that's where it stands and it does sound like she's a little older and
she's just wanting to be careful about giving out her address and I told her
I completely understand but I trust Pat and she's a good person I told her.
I said everyone on PT loves cats and we are just trying to help her out.

I told her that you would probably be willing to come up and sit for a few hours if she wouldn't mind outside her house to see if you could see the kitten. I think she would be willing too once you talk with her, if you can tonight or sometime.

Well that's all for now.

Talk with ya later,
Melissa

Anikaca77
10-23-2008, 01:14 PM
I forgot to add one more thing about that, she said that it seems that the kitten is tossed outside when this women's boyfriend comes over and then when he leaves the kitten comes back in. Trust me I know how you all feel about that I'd say get rid of him! But the lady that lives next door is Charity's friend so that's why she is trying to do this the right way even though the neighbor did tell her she could have her since she likes it at her house more anyway.

Melissa

It does sound fishy and her safety and her neighbour's safety seem to be her biggest issue so it would be interesting to see what she would say if you suggested this. But I think I read somewhere in your thread that she doesn't want to just 'take' the cat so that might not work.

lvpets2002
10-23-2008, 02:42 PM
:) I say if the kitten comes in view & is able to catch then get it.. The heck with all of this steping on the toes of the abusserss.. If they ask say well I guess the kitten had enough abussee & ran off.. I am so glad I dont live near these people..

JustineNYC
10-23-2008, 05:23 PM

Yea but shes already scared and not cooperative. This started 10/9? Shes had days to talk to her neighbors, how long does it take to ring a doorbell?

JustineNYC
10-23-2008, 05:25 PM
I forgot to add one more thing about that, she said that it seems that the kitten is tossed outside when this women's boyfriend comes over and then when he leaves the kitten comes back in. Trust me I know how you all feel about that I'd say get rid of him! But the lady that lives next door is Charity's friend so that's why she is trying to do this the right way even though the neighbor did tell her she could have her since she likes it at her house more anyway.

Melissa

If the neighbor told her that, then whats the hold up?

phesina
10-23-2008, 08:03 PM
I talked with Charity on the phone this evening. She said that she was quite sick, and she sounded like she is, with a cold or flu.. got it from her son, who got it at school. She still doesn't know if the neighbor is home, but the son said he saw her kids at school, so I guess she is. She said if she feels any better tomorrow she'll go see her. I asked her if she could have her son tell the neighbor's kids that she (Charity) would like to speak with their mother and ask about the kitten, and Charity's son said he would.

She said she's been fired from her job and has very little money, that's why she couldn't keep the kitten herself, and she doesn't know where to meet me with the kitten because she can't afford more gas for her car. I told her I'll come to her home or wherever she'd like me to, to get the kitten.

She sounds like someone who is completely overwhelmed by the circumstances in her life at this time, and also maybe not quite Rhodes Scholar material, but I think she's at least trying to do something for the kitten. I also get the impression her neighborhood is the kind of area you want to be VERY CAREFUL about antagonizing at least some of your neighbors.. so that's perhaps why she's kind of tippy-toeing around. Let's face it, kids who openly abuse small helpless animals are not products of the healthiest and most loving of families growing up in the most civilized of communities.

I told her I'll call her again tomorrow. She said the best time is after five.

Pat

MBones
10-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Hi all,

I'm jumping in late to this thread, but if I can be of transport assistance, let me know-I'm in Toledo, OH. I'm presently not working (lost my job) so I could help if needed. I dearly want to see this kitten get to a nice home...poor baby.

Not knowing all the details....can the kitty go *poof*?

Mary

catfamily
10-25-2008, 07:11 PM
i don't know all the situation...i haven't read all of it.
i freak out when i read about an abused animal...makes me so depressed.
i'm so sorry your going through such trouble...this is sad.
i hope this kitten is caught.

Anikaca77
10-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Well I just got this e-mail from Charity today:

With all the emails I get from you and Pat
and the phone calls, well, honestly, it's
making me want to look for another home for
this kitten, if, my neighbors even have it
still.
I don't know, I just don't feel comfortable
at this point anymore.
Right now, I am really upset, I am really sick
and I told Pat to call me at 8, she called me
now and woke me up and was telling me to do
all this stuff and basically calling me a liar,
I'm not a liar, I just feel as many emails
and phone calls as I get, well, it's not
making me feel comfortable about giving you
this kitten, exspecially when I'm told, you
can only get her before halloween and shes
all black.
I have told you and Pat repeatedly, that, I
could not get a hold of my neighbors, nor,
have I seen the kitten and that I would do
what I could and theres nothing more I could
really do.
I am sorry if I don't want to give out my
address or my neighbors, I dont know you or
Pat well enough to do that and that's something,
I just don't do.

This is the e-mail I sent her:
Hi Charity,

First of all, Pat e-mailed me and explained to me that she is very sorry for bugging you and I'm sorry as well. I never meant to burden you or make you feel uncomfortable. That's just not my style. Pat and I are just very concerned about this kitten. As stated on your petfinder ad: "Wed Oct 01, 2008 Kitten desperately needs a home" I thought that you meant that we would be able to adopt her that weekend once I contacted you but that has not been the case.

I love animals and I've always taken exceptional care of them and spoil them like crazy.

According to your e-mail that I received on Oct. 10, 2008 you told me: "I have to check with my neighbor and see if she's still available, because, I haven't seen her in over a week now and normally shes outside by herself. I'm even more worried, with her being all black and halloween coming up." I was merely trying to get her away from danger before Devil's Night.

Since Oct. 10th, I was looking forward to getting her that weekend and giving her a great home. But then sadly things kept coming up and it seems that we are never able to find out if your neighbors are keeping this kitten or not. Trust me if they are that's fine, I just hope they continue to keep it indoors or it might get killed. I'd also like to say that you were the one who mentioned that you wanted to find her a home before Halloween and so every weekend instead of doing some things that I need to do I kept waiting around to see if I'd hear that you go the kitten and I'm going to be taking a road trip to get her.

As for you being told that I can only get her before Halloween well according to your e-mail back on Oct. 10th you wanted to find her a home before Halloween and that's why I was pushing for Pat to come and help you out by trying to get a hold of your neighbors so we could find out if the cat is still alive or available.

Every time I've dealt with someone looking for a home for their cat or kitten, I've always had a number to contact and they would contact me back as well usually by phone so that we knew what was going on.

I understand that you don't have long distance and that's why I gave you my calling card number so that you could contact me and let me know what's going on.

Also, usually when someone is looking for a home they usually want the kitten or cat gone pretty quickly so I'm used to going and getting the cat and not having to wait 3 weeks in order to save her life.

Back on Oct. 17th you sent me this e-mail: "Sorry, I haven't replyed lately, I haven't been online. And yes, I seen the kitten again today outside. So, shes still around. I will try and talk to my neighbors tomorrow and see what I can do, so Pat can hopefully get her to you this weekend. I would like her rehomed, before devils night and halloween, beings shes all black and should not be outside." again you state that you would like her rehomed before devils night and halloween and that's what I've been trying to help you do. I wanted to save this kittens life not end it.

I'm very sorry from the bottom of my heart if I've made you uncomfortable in anyway, Pat and I never intended to scare you or make you uncomfortable all we wanted to do was to help you get this kitten inside and that's why I suggested to let Pat have your home address since you are not feeling well so that she could stop by and see if she could find the kitten or at least try to get a hold of the neighbors.

I'd really like to still adopt this kitten but I'm also sorry to say that I can't wait another month of waiting till you speak with your neighbors like I've been doing.

Thank you for your time reading this e-mail and if you'd like me to contact you again please let me know,
Thank you again for all your efforts,
Melissa

*I just want to say a huge thank you to everyone who has said a pray for this kitten and wanted to help her out, I'm not sure if I'm going to get this kitten at all or not but I just needed to say thank you to everyone who has posted to this*
Thanks,
Melissa

kt_luvs_kitties
10-25-2008, 11:02 PM
She needs to get her a$$ beaten! Who exactly does she think she is? She has done NOTHING to help this kitten. The only things she has done was type a few sentences, and then work everyone up! That makes it WORSE..:mad:

Tell her you can get a black kitten right off of Craigslist if that was your intention, heck, I will even look some up FOR YOU to show her. What a moron. No common sense, no sense at all!

I am fuming over here!:mad:

jennielynn1970
10-25-2008, 11:03 PM
She's a manipulator.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-25-2008, 11:05 PM
Wanted to add: If it stays outside Halloween night, then it is JUST AS MUCH HER FAULT as anyone else if someone hurts it...

Tell her FINE, take her in Halloween, all day/night, and I will pick it up the NEXT day/ Then she cant use that as an excuse anymore... She is FULL of excuses!:rolleyes:

Taz_Zoee
10-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Wow, that's all I can say......WOW! I wish I could understand what people think sometimes, but I guess that's just not possible.
Well, Melissa and Pat, you have both done as much as you possibly can to help this kitten. Too bad the person seeking the help hasn't been as cooperative. I just hope this kitten is, and will be, okay. Although, I'm sure we'll never find out either way. :(

Emeraldgreen
10-26-2008, 12:30 AM
Tell her FINE, take her in Halloween, all day/night, and I will pick it up the NEXT day/ Then she cant use that as an excuse anymore...

I was going to suggest the same thing. If she brought the kitten into her own home the day before Halloween or on the day and kept it safe until November 1st then she would know that you are not trying to get the cat for Halloween but that you are trying to protect just as she says she is.
I know she has written that she has alot going on in her life but I'm sure she can fit one tiny kitten into a bathroom for one night and then you or Pat could come and get it the next day. Maybe she would feel better about that?:confused:

kt_luvs_kitties
10-26-2008, 02:10 AM
You should suggest it, but I am telling you, it WILL be more excuses...

Have you given her a vet reference? If so, you can ask her WHY would you spend money on other cats, just to adopt one to kill it? That would be simply outrageous to even think...Maybe agree to make a vet appointment BEFORE picking up the kitten, and give her the info to see you are truthful. Your vet could vouch for you. I know mine would.

I hate to say this, but I truly dont think you are getting this kitten. I think she is yanking your chain, OR just does not want to be bothered with it. She wants to help, just not enough to get off her lazy butt and do it.. Seen that all too many times before:rolleyes::mad::(

Either way, I pray for this kitten. I hope someone knows of this kitten, and the location, and takes it. Maybe someone else will cross its path that will love it. *wishful thinking*

Anikaca77
10-26-2008, 05:26 AM
I actually had a vet appointment scheduled for the kitten last monday evening and I told her that, that previous Friday so that way she knew I was going to get it vet checked and cared for. Plus, I made another vet appointment this Monday night thinking I'd be able to take in the kitten but as it turns out I'll have to take in one of my girls because they are having the runs.

I've never given her the vet references but Pat gave her, she's never asked like how old am I or any questions I would normally ask someone who is interested adopting a cat I've rescued but I'm just going to let this go because I'm sure she will keep giving excuses it's been like this since the beginning and well I'm just getting too frustrated now but I still would like to help this kitten if there is a chance. But like you said I'm sure there will be more excuses as to why she won't do something or she'll tell me that they found a home or it or they are keeping it to get me off her back but I'm not going to e-mail her or call her unless she makes contact with me.

I hate to say that after all the effort I put into this thing and every weekend waiting and waiting but I've learned my lesson in the case.

Thank you all again,
Melissa

Have you given her a vet reference? If so, you can ask her WHY would you spend money on other cats, just to adopt one to kill it? That would be simply outrageous to even think...Maybe agree to make a vet appointment BEFORE picking up the kitten, and give her the info to see you are truthful. Your vet could vouch for you. I know mine would.

Medusa
10-26-2008, 07:28 AM
I've been thinking for some time now that the kitten is either dead or missing and she's been afraid to say anything to you. I haven't wanted to say this because I wanted to stay positive even though I was angry but her last email to you is indicative of someone who is carrying guilt. She doesn't like the constant reminder that she asked for help, then thwarted your efforts to save the kitten. Someone who truly wants help accepts it w/out conditions and excuses. I wish the situation was different but it isn't, so it may be time to let it go. This is one of those times when we're going to have to trust that God sees all and, if you're to rescue this kitten, events will turn in your favor.

catfamily
10-26-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm with Medussa...if the kitten hasn't been caught yet or seen...something must be wrong..or someone else hopefully brought it into their home.hopefully it is in someone's home happy and getting food and good sleep like a happy kitten should.
i hope...we all hope.
i'll say a prayer for this kitty.

Medusa
10-26-2008, 11:51 AM
Also, if she didn't want to give out her address or phone number, how in the world were you supposed to help her? How were you supposed to get the kitten from her? Were you going to meet at a designated spot? If someone is sincerely asking for help, then a certain level of trust has to be there. She's turning the situation back on you and Pat rather than taking responsibility for this entire fiasco.

catfamily
10-26-2008, 11:59 AM
i still am shocked that she would put you down for wanting the cat before Halloween
knowing you're a rescuer.she can't be that stupid not to know you wanted it saved.
how ignorant!
i think she wanted attention,or just isn't right in the head!

Anikaca77
10-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Well here is the last and final update, I just got this e-mail from her:

I talked to my neighbors aunt today about the kitten
and my neighbors have found a home for her. So, that
is why I haven't seen her. So, she has already been
rehomed. I am sorry for all the hassles, there was
really nothing I could do, until I spoke to the
neighbors and beings I couldn't do that, I spoke
to the aunt.

Medusa
10-26-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm not buying a nickel's worth of it. You did what you could, Melissa and Pat, so the onus is on her.

catfamily
10-26-2008, 05:08 PM
i wish people would believe others when they say they really WANT to help.
it's hard to find caring people in the world and when we have people like you Melissa doing so much for fur life...with the little you have and not a blink of the eye to reach out and help anyway,i wish the ones asking would TAKE the help:(
sorry you went through so much with all your own to worry and work hard for.

phesina
10-26-2008, 05:29 PM
This afternoon she sent the following reply to me:

The kitten has already been placed in a new home.
I spoke to my neighbors aunt today about the
kitten, beings, I couldn't get a hold of my
neighbors and she said, they found her a home.

I hope this is true! There's no way to know for sure, but at least we're out of it now.

Way back I had this turkey pegged as being a few cans short of a six-pack.. but I've been so worried, IF this kitten is for real and it's really in this awful fix, and I'm so close.. am I not going to be able to help because I haven't handled the woman the right way?

Pat

Medusa
10-26-2008, 06:17 PM
am I not going to be able to help because I haven't handled the woman the right way? Pat

No, Pat. Get that idea out of your head. No matter how the situation would have been approached, she was just yanking your chain. A person who truly needs help and indeed, asks for it, takes it; no conditions, no attitude, no excuses. If she could talk to the neighbor's aunt, then she should've done it a long time ago and all this mess could've been avoided. I don't even believe there is an aunt or, if there is, I don't believe she talked to her. I think, as I posted earlier, that the kitten is dead or missing and she's trying to save face and make it appear as though you and Melissa were bullying her to surrender the kitten. I've seen enough of these cases in rescue that it's disheartening but all you can do now is learn from it and know the signs so that, if anyone else tries to pull this kind of stunt, you'll be able to spot it immediately. After a couple of attempts to help, I would have moved on but I know you were worried about the kitten's safety. Take heart, Pat; you tried your best.

Catty1
10-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Or - there never was a kitten to begin with.

phesina
10-26-2008, 07:29 PM
Well, that's what I've wondered, if she made up the kitten's fate or the kitten itself just to get attention. ..if she's a troll who likes to "make things happen" (because she isn't doing so very well in her own life) and especially to get some bleeding-hearts out there jumping through hoops as a means of drawing concern and admiration around herself (which she also isn't doing very well in her own life).

phesina
10-26-2008, 07:37 PM
This is the third on-line rescue attempt I've gotten involved in in the last few months.

First there was Mila, the disabled kitty from Chicago, whom I was going to adopt last summer, only the first-part transporter decided to keep her (or rather, catnapped her).. http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=143245&highlight=Mila

And now this baby, who I can only hope and pray is now in a safe, loving, indoor forever home..

But the second one was Bob the CH Boy from Grand Rapids who is now Bob the CH Boy from Ann Arbor! ..a beloved, happy, treasured member of our family.. http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=143023&highlight=bob+grand+rapids

Medusa
10-26-2008, 08:57 PM
Well, that's what I've wondered, if she made up the kitten's fate or the kitten itself just to get attention. ..if she's a troll who likes to "make things happen" (because she isn't doing so very well in her own life) and especially to get some bleeding-hearts out there jumping through hoops as a means of drawing concern and admiration around herself (which she also isn't doing very well in her own life).

I often wondered if there was a kitten, too. I agree that she's probably a troll but that's as far as I can take it. I have no sympathy or empathy for her.

phesina
10-27-2008, 04:39 AM
I have no sympathy or empathy for HER either.. my thought is, she draws it to the alleged kitten and basks in it and at the same time thinks she draws attention and admiration to herself for "trying to help" the kitten.

Hellow
10-27-2008, 04:53 AM
Or - there never was a kitten to begin with.

You have about the same mindset as me. I think this person was - and still is - a troll who just wishes to draw attention to itself.

Medusa
10-27-2008, 07:06 AM
I also think that she probably logged on to PT and read this thread and everything we had to say and that's why she came up w/this cock and bull story.

momcat
10-27-2008, 08:45 AM
After reading this thread, I don't know what to think. As always, members of our fine PT family stepped up to help a kitten in need---allegedly. Sure this Charity person is busy, who isn't these days? There's way too much here that just doesn't make any sense. No matter what all of you were willing to do to rescue the kitty, obstacles and roadblocks always followed. There's a credibility issue here, Charity simply doesn't have any! And her accusation that PT'ers were "bothering" her with calls and e-mails after she asked for help is, to me, totally offensive. She belongs in jail!!!!!!!

catmandu
10-27-2008, 09:33 AM
COME WHAT MAY , I KNOW THAT WE ARE ALL PRAYING ON PET TALK THAT THAT LITTLE KITTEN ENNDS UP IN A FURREVER HOME WHERE SHE WILL LIVE IN LOVE, AND BE CHERISHED AS A CREATURE OF OUR ALL MIGHTY LORD GOD SHOULD BE.:love::love::love:

catfamily
10-27-2008, 11:12 AM
After reading this thread, I don't know what to think. As always, members of our fine PT family stepped up to help a kitten in need---allegedly. Sure this Charity person is busy, who isn't these days? There's way too much here that just doesn't make any sense. No matter what all of you were willing to do to rescue the kitty, obstacles and roadblocks always followed. There's a credibility issue here, Charity simply doesn't have any! And her accusation that PT'ers were "bothering" her with calls and e-mails after she asked for help is, to me, totally offensive. She belongs in jail!!!!!!!

I Agree with you!!!She starting asking for help and then declined the help and now a kitten is probably hurt or killed...who knows/we just were TOLD sthe kitten was in a home...What home???

Hellow
10-27-2008, 03:06 PM
I also think that she probably logged on to PT and read this thread and everything we had to say and that's why she came up w/this cock and bull story.

I believe that vBulletin keeps a log of everyone who enters the site, or the Apache Web Server does, either one. Karen or Paul could check and see if she did.

pomtzu
10-28-2008, 10:36 AM
As I suspected almost from the start - just a bunch of b.s.:mad:

Hellow
11-02-2008, 09:48 AM
Did we find out anything more about this kitten?

Catty1
11-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Reggie - it's now doubtful that there WAS a kitten. This lady said that she talked to some neighbours about the OTHER neighbours, and was told that the kitten was given away.

After all her concerns about getting the kitten a home before Hallowe'en, she sent a very testy letter about being nagged and harrassed by Anikaca77 and phesina.

She may have been a troll, or just a nut case wanting attention...or whatever.

It's done, anyway.