PDA

View Full Version : can being sick make your feet hurt?

sparks19
10-08-2008, 03:58 PM
Since I have been sick the bottom of my feet have been really sore. when I walk around.. especially barefoot it feels like the bottoms of my feet are bruised but there is no reason that they would be bruised. I have not been on my feet a lot so there is no reason for them to hurt.

Can being sick make the soles of your feet hurt?

caseysmom
10-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Since I have been sick the bottom of my feet have been really sore. when I walk around.. especially barefoot it feels like the bottoms of my feet are bruised but there is no reason that they would be bruised. I have not been on my feet a lot so there is no reason for them to hurt.

Can being sick make the soles of your feet hurt?

I have never heard of that, maybe you are lying down more so you are not getting circulation?

sparks19
10-08-2008, 04:19 PM
I have never heard of that, maybe you are lying down more so you are not getting circulation?

maybe that's it... I did hurt my back also just the other day so on the weekend Brian was in charge of all baby related duties and I coudlnt' be on my feet too long or my back would start to really ache so I guess I did spend the majority of the weekend laying on the couch.

I don't know... but they HURT.

pomtzu
10-08-2008, 04:28 PM
Anything's possible. I had the flu so bad one year that my hair hurt! I'm serious!!!!!

Karen
10-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Definitely sounds like lack of circulation - ease back into walking around, or at least dangling your feet off the edge of the bed. Mild exercise, okay?

sparks19
10-08-2008, 04:46 PM
Definitely sounds like lack of circulation - ease back into walking around, or at least dangling your feet off the edge of the bed. Mild exercise, okay?

I will do that.

thanks for the tips :)

Medusa
10-08-2008, 05:07 PM
In reflexology, there are points in your feet (and hands) that correspond to other parts of your body and organs, too. For instance, the big toe can be treated as your head and the sinuses are located there, also on the tips of each toe. So depending on what your illness has been, the feet can reflect it back to you w/pain and/or soreness. If you stimulate certain areas on the feet w/massage, it can activate healing. A reflexologist worked on my toes once to unclog my sinuses and it worked so well that, on my way home, I had to pull the car over because my sinuses were draining so badly. Maybe a good foot massage will help you. :)

Daisy and Delilah
10-08-2008, 07:14 PM
In reflexology, there are points in your feet (and hands) that correspond to other parts of your body and organs, too. For instance, the big toe can be treated as your head and the sinuses are located there, also on the tips of each toe. So depending on what your illness has been, the feet can reflect it back to you w/pain and/or soreness. If you stimulate certain areas on the feet w/massage, it can activate healing. A reflexologist worked on my toes once to unclog my sinuses and it worked so well that, on my way home, I had to pull the car over because my sinuses were draining so badly. Maybe a good foot massage will help you. :)

This is all so true.

I always have alot more pain when I don't feel well or when I haven't had enough sleep. I feel the body can do weird things when being compromised by other factors. My answer is YES......

shepgirl
10-08-2008, 07:28 PM
I agree with Medussa. Also just a few of the conditions that can make the soles of your feet unbearably sore are rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, m.s. etc.

sparks19
10-08-2008, 10:23 PM
well... I will be sure to make hubby rub my feet tonight LOL.

I also have plantar fasciitis so maybe that is acting up as well since I have been going barefoot a lot instead of wearing slippers or my crocs

caseysmom
10-09-2008, 03:01 PM
well... I will be sure to make hubby rub my feet tonight LOL.

I also have plantar fasciitis so maybe that is acting up as well since I have been going barefoot a lot instead of wearing slippers or my crocs

How are you feeling today? I hope you are better.

sparks19
10-09-2008, 03:07 PM
How are you feeling today? I hope you are better.

they are still a little sore. when I walk on the carpet they don't really hurt but once I step onto the hardwood or the tile floor they ache like crazy. but... my cold is almost gone so at least that's something lol.

has anyone ever heard of or tried those foot pads that are supposed to "detox" your system? I wonder if they work or would help.

I heated up my little rice bags last night and set my feet on them and that felt really good.

Puckstop31
10-09-2008, 03:17 PM
I must suck at being a hubby... How did I miss this thread? LOL

Babe, wear your crocs! I wear my flip flops call the time because my Plantar Fascitis (Sp) KILLS me if I don't.

Remind me to massge em after I cut the grass tonight. :)

sparks19
10-09-2008, 03:20 PM
I must suck at being a hubby... How did I miss this thread? LOL

Babe, wear your crocs! I wear my flip flops call the time because my Plantar Fascitis (Sp) KILLS me if I don't.

Remind me to massge em after I cut the grass tonight. :)

Yeah I need to start wearing them again... I don't know why I stopped. I'm such a bone head lol :rolleyes: Hey ... maybe that is why they hurt I went from cushy crocs to barefeet

ooooooh I will remind you ;) :p

Thank you :D