PDA

View Full Version : Your pets and visitors...

Soledad
09-10-2002, 10:00 PM
I though I'd ask you all about how your pets react to visitors after we had some friends from out of town over. Boo was being an absolute doll!! He turned on the charm so hard, we barely recognised him. While he's always affectionate to us, he usually gets weirded out by visitors and sort of does his own thing when they're around. Not this weekend! He was kissing noses, purring on laps, and laying around on his back in the sun meowing out for belly rubs. It was a riot!! We wonder if he's secretly plotting to get different parents....

;)

kohala
09-11-2002, 01:19 AM
I have yet to figure out Grasshopper's "people gauge". She wrapped herself around the legs of a co-worker who is a little afraid of cats, and hissed at a dedicated cat lover. She would hiss at Dadcat's beer-breath when he used to drink it, yet would go all "cute cat" for our neighbor, Rafael, when he would pop in after a few beers in the evening! One good thing, she turned my coworker into my friend, and now Linda always asks about her when we visit!! It's definitely a personal thing, but what it's based in, only the cat knows!

C.C.'s Mom
09-11-2002, 03:54 AM
We have a bit of a problem with Cookie at the moment when it comes to visitors. She loves anyone coming to our house and started to express her joy by jumping and going completely nuts. We have to hold her on a leash now when someone comes over and have her sit otherwise they all get knocked over. Hopefully this behavior is something we get under control quickly!

anna_66
09-11-2002, 07:25 AM
We really don't have any problems with Angus or Roxey, but Huney gets freaked, but only when the visitor is a man. My nephew (29 yrs old) has been over numerous times, and last night at obedience school, she would not get close to him:confused: I just don't understand. But our instructor, she's only seen a couple of times, and let her examine her! I think she is just scared of men for some reason. She used to be scared of Mark (but not now).

Albea
09-11-2002, 01:13 PM
Carina loves to have visitors and she doesn't jump on people. But, after she has greeted everybody, she starts running in circles around ME. :rolleyes:

lovemymaltese
09-11-2002, 02:46 PM
Tango barks his little head off at anyone. He barks and dances though when it's someone that he knows. He does his little dance and bark for me everytime I come home. It's a great way to walk in, I know he loves me.