PDA

View Full Version : Who needs a Pee Cam when...UPDATE #13

jazzcat
10-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Rocky just peed in front of me on a blanket.:rolleyes: That makes three times I've seen, twice on camera and now in person. I just got off the phone with the vet and I'll be taking him in tomorrow for blood test to make sure he's okay for Prozac.

I think Rocky did it because he was unhappy that he couldn't go out in the garage this morning. He seems to do it when he is unhappy about something, especially when he can't go out there.

We do have an unexplained off-camera pee because Rocky was in the garage at the time so I still have to figure out who the other culprit is. At least it seems like the peeing isn't as bad since we set out the Pee Cams. I guess they don't like "Big Brother" watching. If they don't watch out we may have to start voting them out like the TV show Big Brother.

Edit to add picture of Rocky just after he peed. The actual picture of the deed is to too blurry so I'm posting this one of him looking right at the camera as he walks off. Brat! Notice the plastic carpet runner I put down to catch the pee? Well he did it about 6 inches off the runner on the carpet. :mad:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v110/jazzcat99/pee-cam20081004134048.jpg

My dining room isn't painted green, it's red but we had to set the exposure up on the camera and it makes everything look green.

Randi
10-08-2008, 11:08 AM
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, and yes, he's definately trying to tell you something! Fister peed on our bed right in front of me and John, even looked at us while he did it. It was at the time he was blocked with crystals. After the operation it never happened again.

I hope the vet will find the cause if something is wrong with Rocky.

Fister and I are sending purrs and kisses.

lvpets2002
10-08-2008, 11:12 AM
:) Did you say Prozac.. We put Cats on that now?? MMmm

Oh yes I have always noticed a couple of my babies when they are mad at me or about something then they will go do something foolish.. Like Peeing somewhere they arent too..

jazzcat
10-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, and yes, he's definately trying to tell you something! Fister peed on our bed right in front of me and John, even looked at us while he did it. It was at the time he was blocked with crystals. After the operation it never happened again.

I hope the vet will find the cause if something is wrong with Rocky.

Fister and I are sending purrs and kisses.
I've been thinking what if this is something beside behavior. Since it's been going on for a long time the vet I both believe that is what it is, especially because he only does it when he's upset like when I'm gone or when he doesn't get to go out to the garage. Still I wonder. I will ask the vet to check his urine tomorrow just to make sure.

jenluckenbach
10-08-2008, 02:17 PM
ROCKY!! Don't make me tell you had bad you are behaving! *shakes finger*

But at least you now know which cat to begin testing and medicating.

Any more luck with Pee Cam 2??

catmandu
10-08-2008, 04:12 PM
TUBSTER PANTHER:love::love: HAS ACCIDENTS ONCE IN A WHILE, BU HE USUALLY DOES THEM IN THE BASEMENT WHERE ITS A LOT EAIER TO CLEAN THE UP.
HE USUALLY JUMPS IN A CARDBOARD BOX WITH OLD TOWELS IN IT.
AS LONG AS HE DOES THAT , I ACN RINSE THE TOWELS AND ALLS WELL.
NOW ROCKY:(,PEASE DONT BE A NAWTEE CAT:(, YOU DONT WANT YOUR MEEEOWMIE CROSS WITH YOU, HMMM!!!:love::love:

Medusa
10-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Maybe the plastic is pi$$ing him off, pun intended. A man who trains animals for the movies told my son when I was having pee issues w/Specs years ago that cats hate plastic so I make sure that there's nothing around that they would object to. I don't know for sure but maybe remove the plastic and see what happens, especially since you said that Rocky peed right near it.

jazzcat
10-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Maybe the plastic is pi$$ing him off, pun intended. A man who trains animals for the movies told my son when I was having pee issues w/Specs years ago that cats hate plastic so I make sure that there's nothing around that they would object to. I don't know for sure but maybe remove the plastic and see what happens, especially since you said that Rocky peed right near it.
After many months of peeing problems I put the plastic down so the problem was there a long time before the plastic runner. Most the time the pee is on the plastic but now and then it's off. This morning Rocky peed on a blanket in the bedroom right in front of me, no where near the dining room and the plastic.

Medusa
10-08-2008, 06:00 PM
After many months of peeing problems I put the plastic down so the problem was there a long time before the plastic runner. Most the time the pee is on the plastic but now and then it's off. This morning Rocky peed on a blanket in the bedroom right in front of me, no where near the dining room and the plastic.

Oh well! Scrap that idea then. LOL

RICHARD
10-08-2008, 06:32 PM
I wish I could find the thread where I posted this story!

-----------

When all is said and done about pee cams, seeing it with your own eyes......etc., etc.....

It's pretty easy for me to find out who the culprit was when my GF and I had a pee problem in our place.

Bear was a polydactyl kitty and a real sweetheart.

One day after having a 'moment' with my GF we were taking second, basking in the 'afterglow' when I felt this hot spot on my back that was really unusual.

I am allergic to beestings and it felt like that.....Hot and spreading quickly.

I rolled over on my back and saw the that the Bear was peeing on my back and the bedspread.

I jumped up, the cat ran out of the room, my GF was stunned and I was mad for about three seconds, I started to laugh, my GF laughed and I am thankful for the knowledge that I have the kind of talents that make me 'attractive' to females!:p:confused::D

jazzcat
10-08-2008, 07:55 PM
I wish I could find the thread where I posted this story!

-----------

When all is said and done about pee cams, seeing it with your own eyes......etc., etc.....

It's pretty easy for me to find out who the culprit was when my GF and I had a pee problem in our place.

Bear was a polydactyl kitty and a real sweetheart.

One day after having a 'moment' with my GF we were taking second, basking in the 'afterglow' when I felt this hot spot on my back that was really unusual.

I am allergic to beestings and it felt like that.....Hot and spreading quickly.

I rolled over on my back and saw the that the Bear was peeing on my back and the bedspread.

I jumped up, the cat ran out of the room, my GF was stunned and I was mad for about three seconds, I started to laugh, my GF laughed and I am thankful for the knowledge that I have the kind of talents that make me 'attractive' to females!:p:confused::D
OMG! I think I just peed a little bit laughing at that.

RICHARD
10-08-2008, 08:27 PM
OMG! I think I just peed a little bit laughing at that.

You aren't supposed to admit it!;)

I haven't lost my touch.

jazzcat
10-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Just got back from the vet with Rocky. After a BIG bill for a complete blood panel, urinalysis and cystocentesis in which all came back good I now have a prescription for liquid Prozac. At least we now know for sure that this is 100% behavioral and not a health issue. She did say Rocky was a little dehydrated and she wants me to work on getting to him drink or giving him canned food.

Right now Rocky is so stressed and upset. He'll probably hose down the whole house with pee.

I know this sounds kind of silly but may I request some PT prayers and positive thoughts that the Prozac will work for Rocky and help him to be less stressed and stop peeing? I need this to work for my health and sanity too.

shais_mom
10-09-2008, 10:53 AM
Just got back from the vet with Rocky. After a BIG bill for a complete blood panel, urinalysis and cystocentesis in which all came back good I now have a prescription for liquid Prozac. At least we now know for sure that this is 100% behavioral and not a health issue. She did say Rocky was a little dehydrated and she wants me to work on getting to him drink or giving him canned food.

Right now Rocky is so stressed and upset. He'll probably hose down the whole house with pee.

I know this sounds kind of silly but may I request some PT prayers and positive thoughts that the Prozac will work for Rocky and help him to be less stressed and stop peeing? I need this to work for my health and sanity too.

absolutely!!
prayers on the way!
I'm so sorry Rocky and Clubber ;) are doing this.
BIG HUGS!

Moesha
10-09-2008, 10:57 AM
I hope that the medicine works wonders for Rocky. I know others that have had positive results rather quickly with this treatment.

Medusa
10-09-2008, 11:15 AM

I know it isn't funny to you and it sure wasn't funny when it was happening in my household but the way you said it sure made me laugh. We'll send up prayers that the Prozac works quickly, easily and in peace. :)

jenluckenbach
10-09-2008, 11:17 AM
I pray the medication helps Rocky relax and stop his bad behavior. Give him some time in the garage if that is what he likes most. Maybe if he is less stressed, the other cats will mellow some, too.

catfamily
10-09-2008, 04:52 PM
i have sara on alprazolam 12 mills every 12 hours..
they gave me 25 mills and i cut them in half...
she is less stressed but still pees outside the box every so often...it is getting better each week.

it would be great to maybe walk Rocky on a body leash for 10-20 minutes a day...it works for my monty when he gets depressed being in the house.
they have good body leashes for cats...make sure it is nice and tight,secure and try it...first around the house...he'll hate it at first rolling around on the floor or cement/tar outside trying to remove it,but seeing that he is outdoors...he'll eventually stop.
while he is rolling around with the body harness...keep untangling the leash (so he doesn't hurt himself..it is really quick work) eventually he'll stop...i have tried it on a few of my cats...they all did the same thing...but stopped after finding out they were on the porch at the old house).just trying to see if they were candadates for the cat walking...most are not if they are scaredie cats and freak at any noise.then forget it b/c you'll lose 'em.
monty is really the only one i trust on a cat leash.he's mellow.lol

jazzcat
10-09-2008, 08:15 PM
Well unbelievable! I went to the pharmacy to get the liquid stuff for Rocky and they told me it would cost $40 even though it's generic. My vet told me this should be a lot cheaper than the Clomicalm I had to have specially compounded for $35. Boy was she wrong. The pharmacist told me if I got the capsules it was on the $4 generic list so he's going to call my vet tomorrow and get a new prescription. I came home empty handed and I'm sure my vet will be confused because she told me today the liquid would me much easier to give Rocky in some food. Now I have to try to pill him, never tried that before.

I'll have to get it straightened out tomorrow and make another trip to the pharmacy. :rolleyes:

catfamily
10-10-2008, 05:56 AM
if they give you BIG pills...tell them you'll need the liquid after all because you'll nevr get a big pill down the poor kittys throat...it will be to much of a fight and he'll run from you every day.

emily_the_spoiled
10-10-2008, 07:46 AM
I don't know if my experience will help you, but here goes. Oliver has been on Prozac for a couple of years and it has worked WONDERFULLY. He is a changed cat (for the better), but it does take while to kick in.

What I did was get the tablets and since they are scored in the middle you can cut them easily. I bought a tablet spliter at my local dollar store so I can cut the tablets to give him his dose. I then put them in the pill pockets and they go down the hatch like nothing. He even "reminds" me when I need to give them to him.

Prozac helped my house alot, I hope it does the same for your's.

If you want to talk about it you can PM me.

orangemm
10-10-2008, 07:50 AM
At least you found out who the "pee-petrator" is!:eek:

Laura's Babies
10-10-2008, 08:15 AM
So you have solved the issue of who is doing it while I was gone.. That is a BIG step in solving the problem.

We have tried a lot of different things on pilling Giz and what I have found that works the best is using can food as a TREAT, crushing the pill into a powder and mixing it with about 1/2 teaspoon of the can food. That is how I pill Amy, Boo and Giz and it works better than anything I have tried yet.

jazzcat
10-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Okay, after talking to my vet and the pharmacy this morning it turns out the pharmacist working last night screwed up. He didn't read the dosage correctly and quoted me a price for 4 times as much as needed. :mad: In the end a months worth of the liquid will cost me $11.99, much better. My pharmacy doesn't have the tablets and the big capsules are 10 times the dosage needed so I can't use them.

That pharmacist was an older man I've never seen before. He may need to consider retiring soon if he making those kinds of mistakes. :(

emily_the_spoiled
10-10-2008, 10:38 AM
I am glad you were able to straighten things out at the pharmacy.

The one thing I will tell you is that I started out on a lower dose, but I did have to increase it when I could tell that it wasn't working. So this will be a little bit of trial and error to get a dose that works for everyone.

Good luck