PDA

View Full Version : Talon's littermate died*possible cancer*

lute
10-08-2008, 08:52 AM
I was at Talon's breeders' house yesterday and she got an unexpected call from a man who owns 6 Aussies including a littermate of Talon's named Oreo. He said he fed Oreo this morning and then let her out to play. After that he went to work on a tractor and Oreo lie beside him the whole time. After some time he had to go run do something off the farm so he put Oreo in her kennel run and left. Was gone no longer than 10 minutes and she was dead. No blood, no struggle, nothing. Looked like she just lie down and died. He has no neighbors, he lives on a farm. No poison around and he had been with her the whole time. She ate fine and her stool was normal.

The breeder told him to have an autopsy done. So off to the vet they went. He called last night and left a message saying he'll go into more detail later, but she had several blood clots and her lungs were BLACK with little white spots. We are just stumped and I'm going to call the breeder this morning to see what it was that killed poor Oreo so suddenly. I'm worried it's something the other pups in the litter can have. I fear for my Talon. With Gracie so ill that is the last thing I need.

I'll post what the diagnosis was when I hear.

MoonandBean
10-08-2008, 10:00 AM
That is heartbreaking! I will pray that Talon stays healthy and I am just now hearing of Gracie being ill as well. Will pray for her too!!!!!

IRescue452
10-08-2008, 10:30 AM
Poor man, it sounds like he cared for his dog just from that little bit. I hope its nothing that Talon would get. It hits close to home when you find out your dog's littermate died. I think I started spoiling Autumn twice as much when Buster died.

lute
10-08-2008, 11:15 AM
Poor man, it sounds like he cared for his dog just from that little bit.

He did love he a lot. He loves all his dogs, but she was special.

lute
10-08-2008, 12:16 PM
I talked to the breeder. She said the vet found her uteris and lungs were black with little white spots. They sent off a sample to the lab and should get results back my Thurs. or Fri. The vet seems to think it was cancer that killed her. So strange since the puppy was only almost 10 months old. I guess if human childs can get cancer so can young dogs. We'll see.

boomersooner
10-08-2008, 04:34 PM
Well, at the very least, she didn't seem to be in pain or her owner, I'm sure would have picked up on it....how strange.....Yes, keep us posted...and give Talon and little Gracie a kiss from us in Texas.