PDA

View Full Version : How Sarah Did It...Debate Flow Chart

Catty1
10-07-2008, 09:01 PM
This came in an email at work today, and I just HAD to forward it home!

blue
10-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Welcome to last week.

Catty1
10-07-2008, 10:23 PM
I'll tell that to our colleague who sent it to us today. :p:D

Puckstop31
10-07-2008, 10:24 PM
A laugh... The only thing Daily Kos is good for.

blue
10-07-2008, 10:24 PM
I'll tell that to our colleague who sent it to us today. :p:D

The first time I saw I believe was within hours of the VP debate.

Catty1
10-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Yeah, well we's a bit further north...the email "A Bad date with Stephen Harper" arrived first. ;)

blue
10-07-2008, 10:29 PM
Yeah, well we's a bit further north...the email "A Bad date with Stephen Harper" arrived first. ;)

I think I am a bit further north then you.

Catty1
10-07-2008, 10:33 PM
Yes, in the U.S.A. I'm in Canada...and some info comes here after other stuff does. :)

blue
10-07-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes, in the U.S.A. I'm in Canada...and some info comes here after other stuff does. :)

We outgrew the dogsled for tranferring news along time ago.

I do have afew stories about pilots betting on the taped NFL games before we had live coverage up here.

Catty1
10-07-2008, 10:48 PM
Now THAT would be interesting! Wonder if anyone got on the ham radio to a southern neighbour and "cheated".

All I meant was that on the Canadian email scene, things about our own Prime Minister and our election seem to delay other bits about Palin et al.

My mom, however, not only thinks Palin is stupid - but thinks McCain is even stupider, as in, "What on earth was he thinking?"

She is well-informed about many things...she's a retired teacher, with a Master's degree and two undergrad degrees. She watches enough TV to keep up with some things.

I hadn't seen the flow chart before - I loved it!:)

blue
10-07-2008, 10:55 PM
Now THAT would be interesting! Wonder if anyone got on the ham radio to a southern neighbour and "cheated".

All I meant was that on the Canadian email scene, things about our own Prime Minister and our election seem to delay other bits about Palin et al.

My mom, however, not only thinks Palin is stupid - but thinks McCain is even stupider, as in, "What on earth was he thinking?"

She is well-informed about many things...she's a retired teacher, with a Master's degree and two undergrad degrees. She watches enough TV to keep up with some things.

I hadn't seen the flow chart before - I loved it!:)

Yeah the flow chart brought the funny.

I dont think there where enough HAMS up here at the time when NFL game where taped up here, the pilots made a killing placing bets. They bet on any game too not just NFL.

Most intilectuals see us common folk as stupid. Im dyselxic I have a right to misspell, dang it! I think?

Puckstop31
10-07-2008, 10:56 PM

Catty... I am sure your Mom is a wonderful person. But education and wisdom are vastly different things. Education does not make one WISE.

Further... Have you WATCHED Candian TV lately? I have. Ever notice how many commercials are sponsored "By the Government of Canada"?

Canadians are proud, and rightly so. Still.... You make fun of us when we thump OUR chests about OUR country. Odd... eh?

Hows that tax rate going for ya? LOL :) Be happy... Once Barry gets elected with a lib Congress, we will be there soon too. Bitching about our Government, yet unwilling/unable to do crap about it.

*** I spend a LOT of time in Canada. Never have I heard such whining about government, yet a complete lack of willingness to do anything about it. Strange, for such a proud people.

jennielynn1970
10-08-2008, 03:14 AM
Most intilectuals see us common folk as stupid. Im dyselxic I have a right to misspell, dang it! I think?

There's nothing wrong with being "common". There's also nothing wrong with being an "intellectual" either.

Dyslexia doesn't have to mean you misspell things either, it's learning disability which has many facets.

jennielynn1970
10-08-2008, 03:37 AM
Catty... I am sure your Mom is a wonderful person. But education and wisdom are vastly different things. Education does not make one WISE.

Further... Have you WATCHED Candian TV lately? I have. Ever notice how many commercials are sponsored "By the Government of Canada"?

Canadians are proud, and rightly so. Still.... You make fun of us when we thump OUR chests about OUR country. Odd... eh?

Hows that tax rate going for ya? LOL :) Be happy... Once Barry gets elected with a lib Congress, we will be there soon too. Bitching about our Government, yet unwilling/unable to do crap about it.

*** I spend a LOT of time in Canada. Never have I heard such whining about government, yet a complete lack of willingness to do anything about it. Strange, for such a proud people.

If there is one thing Candace isn't doing, it's making fun of us, or the US. She posted a joke, that's all.

You,and your buddy, blue, are being antagonistic. Actually, that's mostly what I've been seeing from the two of you. You're behaving like typical school bullies.

Education doesn't necessarily make one wise, but at least they have a foundation. Education opens doors of the mind to further learning and the ideas of others.

smokey the elder
10-08-2008, 07:20 AM
Education doesn't necessarily make one wise, but hopefully teaches something about critical thinking, so that one can become wise if they so choose. (Did that sound pompous, or what!:p)

Puckstop31
10-08-2008, 09:22 AM
If there is one thing Candace isn't doing, it's making fun of us, or the US. She posted a joke, that's all.

You,and your buddy, blue, are being antagonistic. Actually, that's mostly what I've been seeing from the two of you. You're behaving like typical school bullies.

Education doesn't necessarily make one wise, but at least they have a foundation. Education opens doors of the mind to further learning and the ideas of others.

Of COURSE you think Blue and I are being antagonistic. Thats how this BB rolls. Regularly, style is attacked and the substance is ignored. That's fine though. It says enough. Also, FWIW, I am not TRYING to be antagonistic. My apologies if you SEE it that way. I try to ignore the snide remarks you all deliver and just go for the substance.

I have 5 years of post highschool education. You know what it has done for me? Made me a kickass Trivial Pursuit player. (History degree)

You know what made me WISE? Sunday School and 3 combat deployments. Now couple that with the History degree... I see how we are simply repeating past mistakes. Humans are so dumb. LOL

Catty1
10-08-2008, 01:55 PM
So why wasn't RICHARD receiving similar comments from you two when he posted "Sarah Palin is a DOLL?"

Maybe your combat roles have added a natural attack response in addition to your post-secondary education. (I have only a BA myself).

So - maybe I will give myself and my eyes some peace and quiet and put you both on Ignore. How many is that for you now, Puck? 3 or more including me.

We're all out of step except you.

And yes, you DO come across as antagonistic, even if you don't mean to. Might want to look into info or workshops on communication styles, and communicating. That's not taught in any university that I know of.

Cheers.

Puckstop31
10-08-2008, 02:31 PM
So why wasn't RICHARD receiving similar comments from you two when he posted "Sarah Palin is a DOLL?"

Maybe your combat roles have added a natural attack response in addition to your post-secondary education. (I have only a BA myself).

So - maybe I will give myself and my eyes some peace and quiet and put you both on Ignore. How many is that for you now, Puck? 3 or more including me.

And yes, you DO come across as antagonistic, even if you don't mean to. Might want to look into info or workshops on communication styles, and communicating. That's not taught in any university that I know of.

Cheers.

Richard is way better at non verbal communication than I. I fully admit to my failings in that regard.

I post here mainly because it is an environment where my points of view are not in line with the general population. (That is where the "all out of line, except you" comes from...IMO) Nothing gets accomplished when you just preach to the choir. You all can continue to do so, if it makes you happy.

Like it or not, life is tough. Also, it is in my nature to fight the good fight. Doing the right thing is rarely the easy thing to do.

In the end, I hope I am wrong. I hope that our leaders are not leading us down a path to the abyss. But history and life expereince screams at me otherwise.

caseysmom
10-08-2008, 03:28 PM
So basically you come here to preach to all of us lost souls...give me a break if anything you are cinching my vote for Obama.

elizabethann
10-08-2008, 03:46 PM
I love that graphic! Can't wait to forward it to my BIL!

Lady's Human
10-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Puckstop, you should have had several classes on communication while in the military. It is part of every NCOES course that the army has. Remember, there are three parts to every message, the speaker, the listener, and the message. If the speaker does nothing more than antagonize and irritate the listener, the message, regardless of how important or valid it is, is lost.

Congratulations, you've lost the listeners. Your style is combative, which works fine on the playground, but not while discussing topics with adults.

I have managed through the several years I have been a member of this board, to get my point across WITHOUT antagonizing the listener (Except when I do so on purpose :p) It's one thing to disagree with the general population on the board. It is quite something else to stick around someplace where you've managed to irritate the majority, and still try to prove your point. You get nowhere, because your message is lost in the noise caused by the fact that you've annoyed everyone.

Dig out your PLDC books and read the sections on psyche....might do you some good.

caseysmom
10-08-2008, 04:05 PM
Puckstop, you should have had several classes on communication while in the military. It is part of every NCOES course that the army has. Remember, there are three parts to every message, the speaker, the listener, and the message. If the speaker does nothing more than antagonize and irritate the listener, the message, regardless of how important or valid it is, is lost.

Congratulations, you've lost the listeners. Your style is combative, which works fine on the playground, but not while discussing topics with adults.

I have managed through the several years I have been a member of this board, to get my point across WITHOUT antagonizing the listener (Except when I do so on purpose :p) It's one thing to disagree with the general population on the board. It is quite something else to stick around someplace where you've managed to irritate the majority, and still try to prove your point. You get nowhere, because your message is lost in the noise caused by the fact that you've annoyed everyone.

Dig out your PLDC books and read the sections on psyche....might do you some good.

Hear Hear, we often differ in political opinions but I am always open to your intelligent posts.

Puckstop31
10-08-2008, 04:19 PM
So basically you come here to preach to all of us lost souls...give me a break if anything you are cinching my vote for Obama.

Ummm, NO. Not preach. Discuss.

Don't vote for OB because "the other side" are jerks. Vote for the guy you BELIEVE in.

Puckstop31
10-08-2008, 04:23 PM
I've got a lot to learn, that is for sure.

Sorry that I come across the way I do.

blue
10-08-2008, 09:19 PM
There's nothing wrong with being "common". There's also nothing wrong with being an "intellectual" either.

Ild say that is true maybe 50% of the time.

Dyslexia doesn't have to mean you misspell things either, it's learning disability which has many facets.

As a dyslexic, thanks for pointing out the obvious.

sparks19
10-08-2008, 10:28 PM
Well... I just have to input my two cents about my hubby lol. It's off topic but I love him and can't help it.

he's like Beer... he's an acquired taste but once you acquire that taste ... MAN is he a lot of fun lol.

Seriously though. He comes across as a pain in the butt in most of his posts... sometimes he is a pain in the butt. But... he is a good man. He's a loving husband and a wonderful father.

sorry... I know most of you don't care but it's hard for me to just stand by and see him be completely misunderstood. I'm his wife and I love him... can't fault me for that :) he comes across as a hard a$$ sometimes and his communication skills with other may leave much to be desired... but he has a good heart :)

Back to your regularly scheduled programming

jennielynn1970
10-08-2008, 10:33 PM
As a dyslexic, thanks for pointing out the obvious.

It's not always obvious to everyone. Some people think it's only switching around letters and being a poor speller.

About going to church and sunday school... doesn't really mean much of anything, sorry. Why is it that the people who always say they are such good Christians, are the one's who actually behave the most Un-Christian.

Like the one person posted earlier...
"Going to church doesn't make you a christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car."

As for your post highschool education... it's what you want to do with it that determines what you actually get out of your degree. So, if all you got out of it was Trivial Pursuit answers, I'm sorry. I've gotten more out of my degree than that, thankfully, but it's because I chose to.

Puckstop31
10-08-2008, 10:44 PM
As for your post highschool education... it's what you want to do with it that determines what you actually get out of your degree. So, if all you got out of it was Trivial Pursuit answers, I'm sorry. I've gotten more out of my degree than that, thankfully, but it's because I chose to.

You confuse Blue and I. I am the one who said "trivial pursuit".

I meant in a practical sense. As in I do not use it in my profession. That education helped shape a lot about my world view.

No kidding.... I got called a "BABY KILLER", in the 1990's... By an 18 year old. LOL

I LOVE talking about and analyzing history. Especially when it shows itself in current events.

blue
10-08-2008, 10:48 PM
It's not always obvious to everyone. Some people think it's only switching around letters and being a poor speller.

Trust me, Ive been dealing with this for a long time, I am well versed in dyslexia.

About going to church and sunday school... doesn't really mean much of anything, sorry. Why is it that the people who always say they are such good Christians, are the one's who actually behave the most Un-Christian.

Like the one person posted earlier...
"Going to church doesn't make you a christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car."

I can tremember the last time I stepped into a church.

My post HS education was apprenticing as an electrician.

Edit: I should have scrolled down to see Pucks post.

sparks19
10-08-2008, 10:51 PM
well on the Christian front I must comment.....

I am relatively new on my christian Journey. I know that going to church doesn't make me a perfect christian. BUT... I am trying my best to better myself and it is not up to anyone of you to judge me on whether or not I am good enough.. It's up to God. I try my best... sometimes I fail. it makes me human.

jennielynn1970
10-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Trust me, Ive been dealing with this for a long time, I am well versed in dyslexia.

I can tremember the last time I stepped into a church.

My post HS education was apprenticing as an electrician.

Edit: I should have scrolled down to see Pucks post.

Sorry, I got the two of you confused with the topics. Argh.

jennielynn1970
10-08-2008, 10:53 PM
well on the Christian front I must comment.....

I am relatively new on my christian Journey. I know that going to church doesn't make me a perfect christian. BUT... I am trying my best to better myself and it is not up to anyone of you to judge me on whether or not I am good enough.. It's up to God. I try my best... sometimes I fail. it makes me human.

We're all human. Being Christian or going to church doesn't make anyone better or worse than anyone else.

That's my point.

As my ex taught me (and he happens to be Muslim), no one is perfect except for God.

blue
10-08-2008, 11:00 PM
Sorry, I got the two of you confused with the topics. Argh.

NP.

RICHARD
10-08-2008, 11:03 PM

How did I get involved with this?

I like to pick and choose where I post. :eek:

I love the funny stuff and have hammered everyone and everything at one time or another. Some of the stuff is funny, other stuff isn't. Like the Tina Fake BS.

How much money does she earn and what is her carbon footprint when she flies to NY from Cali to do a few hours of work? Then she has the balls to complain about it by saying that she sure hopes that she doesn't have to do it after November 4? She could turn it down, as a matter of principle.
But she's just another stupid Hollywood mouthpiece that wouldn't even be thought about had she not had this opportunity.

It's all about substance and depth.

She does a politician-and what else? SHe makes stupid movies - while I love naughty humor-her Baby Mama movie have two of the stupidest lines I have ever heard-"I don't like your uterus" and "I farted in your purse"- those were put in the trailer for the movie.

Wonderful.

I can usually discount any movies by the lines they use to market the movie on the tube. If she thought enough of her career to do Palin and have her name associated with movies like that? I'd advise her to save all the money she has now and prepare to go on a celebrity reality show. Doing mud wrestling challenges and eating cockroach genitals may be in her future sooner that she thinks.

-------

So, most of the time I don't find any of the jokes for either candidate funny,
I write my material for free. I laugh at my stupidity, long for more talent and wish that people were more creative.

And in leaving you gentle readers, I put a spin on the garage/car line.

Voting for a one candidate over another won't fix the mess we are in, they are all liars and out of touch idiots.

And what's the matter with kicking arse at Trivial Pursuit?

Tis far better than Chutes and Ladders and that cherry game that requires no counting and cuts you off after the age of 6!:)

I'll play anyone at Old Maid or UNO-and win!

sparks19
10-08-2008, 11:05 PM
We're all human. Being Christian or going to church doesn't make anyone better or worse than anyone else.

That's my point.

As my ex taught me (and he happens to be Muslim), no one is perfect except for God.

well... then you and I agree on that one. I don't condemn anyone. I didn't come into my faith until I was in my 20's. After that episode it was impossible for me to deny it. :)

but it's important to remember that Christians AREN'T perfect.. even if they claim they are. NO human is a perfect Christian... it's what makes us human... MISTAKES

blue
10-08-2008, 11:24 PM

As somebody who voted for "Caribou Barbie" for Gov, I thought brought much the Fannay.

Like Puck, Ild only like an open discusion, if you dont want to answer a question just say so.

It may not seem like it, but most of my questions are only looking for clarity on your and others points of view.

Reminds me of a Minor Threat song, "Out of Step". Due to the language I cant post the lyrics, its still a good song.

Im sure many of you see me as antagonistic as well, probably because I am questioning your views and looking for answers.

For the more liberal minds on this board, my coworker has a much more liberal outlook on things then most of you. We disagree but we manage not only to get along but would help one another at the drop of a hat.

Cheers.

Cheers.