PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: residents of Kentucky

jenluckenbach
10-07-2008, 07:21 PM
Are any of you close to the Bowling Green-Warren County Humane Society?

There is a chance that 1by1 might be taking some cats from there. So I thought I'd ask if anyone new about them.

doolittleky
10-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Hi Jen,
I just wrote out a reply and thought I posted it but I don't see it so I guess I had better rewrite it. I don't have any personal experience with this shelter because it is a few hours away but there is a shelter in that area that is always full and lately according to post on Craigslist has been having to euthanize because they don't have any more room. I am not sure if this is the one I am thinking about or not. There was also a shleter in that are, I can't remember if this is the one that a few years ago I was inquiring about a cat they had. The manager there seem real nice and to really care about the animals. I am sorry I can't be of more help to you. Let me know what your group decides. here is a link to the shelter. I am sure your group already knows all the info here though.
http://www.petfinder.com/shelters/KY18.html
Melissa

catmandu
10-08-2008, 02:40 PM
THATS SO SAD WHEN THERE NO ROOM FOR STARYS AT THESE SHELTERS.
I KNOW THAT THE ANIMAL WELFARE ASSOCIATION IS FULL UP, THEY HAVE SEVERAL OLDER CAT WHO THEY HAVE HAD FOR A LONG TIME, AND THEY CAN NO LONGER TAKE YOUNG ONES IN.
ITS A SHAME TOO, AND THEY ARE REAL CHARMERS AND REALLY WOULD MAKE GREAT CAT COMPANIONS.:love::love::love:
I WOULD TAKE 2 IN, BUT I CANNOT.
MAYBE IF THEY RELAX REGULATIONS, I WILL.:)