PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Ryan doesn't reassure anyone about bailout details in interview today

Catlady711
10-06-2008, 05:37 PM
I didn't want to hijack anyone's threads concerning the bailout so I started this one.

Did anyone see the CNBC interview this morning with Anthony Ryan?
http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=879584803&play=1

That dude totally tapdanced around the questions and never did give a straight answer, a true politician!

Becky broke into the interview and asked him several times to tell her something she didn't already know or to give some details on the bailout plan. Not once did he ever actually answer her questions directly or give any new information, but kept going on and on and on about 'transparency' and how they were 'working hard on it'. He wasn't scoring any better with Carl either.

Good grief no wonder things are in such a mess when a big wig at the dept of Treasury can't answer questions any better than that.

No real point to the thread, just wondering if anyone else saw the interview and got the same impression I did, that they just plain don't know what they're doing.

sasvermont
10-06-2008, 07:14 PM
Jim Cramer was on the Today show yesterday morning. He's a bit of a wingnut, but he said, if possible, take five year's worth of what you think you will need and get it out of the market. I didn't panic, cause guess what? I don't have that much money in any market, let alone the stock market. Anyway, it looks like we are in it for the long haul. Basically, he was advising us to set aside living expense money from the market. His thought is that it will take five years for the economy to recover and the stock market is too risky to keep all of your money tied up in the market for five years, just waiting it out.

No good news.

I think the feds are going to start investigating some of the Wall Street folks to see who was asleep at the wheel in these big Wall Street companies. And what will they do to them? Probably nothing.

I did not hear Ryan's interview or testimony..... I will YouTube it to try to find it.

As the stomach turns.

I am scared out of my wits, worring about what is in store for us for the next few years. I think it (the dreadful economy) is going to put lots of people in more debt and families at risks they never dreamed of in their life time. I surely hope I am wrong.

:mad:I tried your link and it was tooooo slow to load for some reason.

Catlady711
10-06-2008, 08:17 PM
:mad:I tried your link and it was tooooo slow to load for some reason.

Do you have dial up? I have DSL and it was a bit slowish, but very tolerable for loading for me. CNBC in general is a slow load sometimes though.