PDA

View Full Version : An UPDATE on my boys

rg_girlca
10-06-2008, 01:44 PM
Hi everyone;

I wanted to let you know what's been going on with my boys lately and why I haven't been around for a while.

As some of you know, I had the problem with Body Mites, which you could read about here: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=141827
No sooner had I gotten this under control, I had someone that was peeing around the house. I do have a behavioral problem with Poppy peeing after my rescues have left my room because, as the vet puts it, he is pi$$ed off with me bringing in these new cats. He makes it known by peeing on my bed and pillow a few times and then it won't happen again until the next rescue comes and goes. *SIGH* But this peeing was being done on a daily basis and I had no clue who it was, until the day I caught him. "WILLY" I never did so much washing as I did those past few weeks. Plus I had to throw quite a few things out as I just couldn't get the pee smell out of them. Anyway, off to the vets he went and the poor guy had a bladder infection, "NO CRYSTALS" thank goodness. He was put on antibiotics for 10 days and all is well with him now. No sooner got through that, Mooky came down with a terrible eye infection. Off to the vets we went and I had to put ointment in his eyes, 2 x's a day for 10 days. About 4 days later, Poppy & Willy caught it also. Started to treat them with the ointment, but I noticed that Mooky's eyes were still not up to par, so started him back on the ointment also. Then noticed a good size lump on Poppy's neck, so off to the vets again with him. Spoke with the vet first about my guys eyes and how they didn't seem to be getting better with this ointment. Mooky had it for about a month by then and Willy & Poppy, about 2 weeks. So she gave me a stronger ointment to put in 3 x's a day for 1 week. Now onto Poppy's lump.
The vet said it could be from a bacterial infection or "LEUKEMIA" :eek: He was also running a fever of 40.2. Needless to say this just floored me. She said that I could try the antibiotics first to see if the lump goes away and if not, have a blood test done. I decided right there to have the blood test done. I didn't need anymore worries. Thankfully it was "NEGATIVE" and all in all I am happy to say that the new ointment finally did the trick and my boys eyes are back to 100%.
I know that these things were basically minor, but it was still so overwhelming for me having to deal with 3-4 cats at a time and not knowing when or if it was going to end.
Sorry this is so long, but I just wanted to let you know what's been going on.
Now I got a lot of catching up to do.
Take care everyone.:)

Taz_Zoee
10-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Wow, you've had your hands full. What's with those darn boys? ;)
Well, I'm glad they are all back in good health now.
And welcome back to you too. :D

rg_girlca
10-06-2008, 03:13 PM
Thank you Taz, it's good to be back. In a couple of days, I will post some new pictures of my boys and little girl.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-06-2008, 03:40 PM
HI LORRAINE!!!! IVE MISSED YOU AND THE KITTIES!

I am sorry to hear about all the issues with the cats.. It is hard isnt it?

Poor Kitties, and poor meowmie:(

I am glad everything is better now though! I am also SO GLAD you are back!:D

What, no Pics????:p

lvpets2002
10-06-2008, 03:41 PM
:love: Welcome welcome Home.. Wittle sick boys can be a handfull.. So glad all is well & going good now.. :cool:

catmandu
10-06-2008, 04:47 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v621/catmandu/6f3716f6.jpg

I KNOW HOW THAT IS AS WE JUST TRUNDLED JUKE JOINT JOSEPH OFF TO THE VETS.
HOPEFULLY THE CORTIEONE SHOTS WIL WORK , AND HIS TEETH WILL BE FINE.
WE ARE HOPING THE MEDS WILL WORK FOR WILLY AND POPPY, AND THAT ALL WILL BE WELL EN LA MAISON DE CHATS ADOREES.

G535
10-06-2008, 04:52 PM
Glad to hear the boys are back to normal, it's been years since I had a lot of cats but I still remember what a nightmare it was when they all got sick at the one time.

phesina
10-06-2008, 06:10 PM
WOW! You sure have been busy! No wonder you haven't had any time to hang out here.

I'm so glad to hear that after all the drama everyone is fine. Poppy-girl is especially delighted to know that her Poppy-boy does not have leukemia.

Welcome home, Lorraine and gang!

jenluckenbach
10-06-2008, 06:50 PM
WHEW! I am out of breath just reading about all this. Hope all is under control now, and WELCOME back.

jazzcat
10-06-2008, 08:53 PM
Glad you are back Lorraine and glad the boys are better. Hope to see you posting more (with pics too :D).

Medusa
10-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Goodness, lots of catastrophes. Glad that things have settled down somewhat. Welcome back. :)

Vermontcat
10-06-2008, 09:19 PM
Wow, you have been busy haven't you.
I'm glad that things are better now and that you are back posting again.
I look forward to seeing some new pictures of your cute kitties.:)

rg_girlca
10-06-2008, 11:34 PM
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome back. It does the heart good. :D

Once I upload my pictures from my camera, I will post new pictures in a day or two.

Thanks again everyone.:)