PDA

View Full Version : I hate Walmart!

StarandBratsmom
10-06-2008, 08:41 AM
I live in a small town and in another nearby town there is the Super Center Walmart. Basically it's the only retail store that has trust worthy products.

Though the products are fine, the service is horrible. For instance, in the electronics department I was looking for a new cell phone so naturally I had

questions. There was a girl, an employee standing there right in front of me flirting with the guy from another department. She looked at me but looked

away. I asked her if she had a phone in stock and she simply lied and told me no. How do I know she lied? I called from the store parking lot later asking

if they had it in stock. Sure enough, they had a whole box in the back. The girl employee was too lazy to go check and was hoping I would go away so she

could continue flirting with her co-worker. It's not just that, customers get in the were, employees are inconsiderent. They are cheap by having just two

cashiers on a very busy Pay Day Friday. By the time I leave Walmart, I am ticked off, have a headache and feel sick. Of course I continue to go there

because Walmart rules the world and all the little business have to give up. I have no choice.

Sorry guys but I am sooo frustrated.

Taz_Zoee
10-06-2008, 09:36 AM
I hear ya! I also hate Walmart. Not only because of the bad service, but all of the stores I've been to the isles are so small, or they have displays or things in the isles. It's almost impossible to navigate around because it's always so busy. Also, the stores I've been to are very dirty too. I just avoid it all together and go to Target.

moosmom
10-06-2008, 09:36 AM
You have every right to be frustrated and angry. I would've called a manager over and complained. Customer Service is #1 priority where I work. If there's an issue a customer has, a manager is notified and the issue is addressed.

We have a problem with under staffing, especially on the weekends when alot of the younger cashiers decide they'd rather go to the mall than show up for work. It's very frustrating because we then get long lines and have to pull associates off the floor to ring.

I like Wal-Mart but don't go in very often because it's always crowded and they never have enough cashiers, so I know what you're talking about.

kt_luvs_kitties
10-06-2008, 03:51 PM
It seems my WalMart is the same way. Busy and noone to ring you out within the hour:rolleyes: BET I KNOW WHY! Because all the employees stalk customers.

They sure have enough people so that they follow you around to make sure you dont steal anything.

I went the other night (Saturday) to get cat litter and household stuff. While there, I went to the makeup to get my mascara. From that point on, this lady followed me, actually hiding and peeking around corners at me. She even crossed the WHOLE store when I went to buy a new mop. For 45 minutes, until I checked out, she followed me. She even has a walkie talkie strapped onto her pants. I CAUGHT HER peeking and such around corners:rolleyes: It was ridiculous. I will NEVER shop at this Walmart again/

I wanted to ask her one question.. At check out my bill was 149.50... WHY would I steal mascara that was 5.98 when I have a cart FULL of crap??? IDIOT:mad::rolleyes:

Lady's Human
10-06-2008, 04:13 PM
Because cosmetics and like items are commonly shoplifted items. They're small, and some are expensive.....

She was doing her job. If you're going to get upset, get upset at the people who make that job neccessary, not the person doing the job.

This is the same reason there are many stores that have security tags on razor blades.

DJFyrewolf36
10-06-2008, 08:06 PM
Because cosmetics and like items are commonly shoplifted items. They're small, and some are expensive.....

She was doing her job. If you're going to get upset, get upset at the people who make that job neccessary, not the person doing the job.

This is the same reason there are many stores that have security tags on razor blades.

Sad but true.

I try to avoid walmart whenever possible...not so much because the employees are bad (they really arent around here) but because the darn place is always so crowded. If I have to go, I go at 3 am when the place is empty ;)

Suki Wingy
10-06-2008, 08:44 PM
The Walmart in my town is actually huge, never overcrowded, and the employees are really nice. I could never be that good. I've worked in a retail and I've told customers crap so that they'd go away.

Alysser
10-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Unless you worked with the general public, you don't know what those employees go through! It's pretty much living hell. I am working with the public again next year, but definitley not as much! I have recieved my fair amount of rude and angry guests, and most of it is completely unesscary. They are MUCH ruder then the employees I've ever experienced. We get some of the rudest people around at Six flags, I can only imagine the people they get at Wal-mart. :eek: I'm not saying being rude is right and I would hope they don't hire rude people from now on, but think of the crap they recieve on their end.

Suki Wingy
10-06-2008, 09:17 PM
A LOT of crap. The people who came into the Walgreens where I worked treated the employees like complete lowlifes who couldn't get a good job and didn't care how hard they had to work for minimum wage. We were definitely very understaffed.

K9karen
10-06-2008, 11:02 PM
A LOT of crap. The people who came into the Walgreens where I worked treated the employees like complete lowlifes who couldn't get a good job and didn't care how hard they had to work for minimum wage. We were definitely very understaffed.

Yeah..I got a lot of that attitide when I worked part time at a local department store. I mean, I went there straight from my primary job, dressed up (but then, all the employees looked nice) and was so disrespected sometimes, I wanted to scream. Didn't happen often, but one time, after a really bad bad day, some witch ticked me off so badly, I slammed the counter with my fist, gave her a piece of my mind and called security.

I did return the next day, to the claps of people in the employee cafeteria, but it was so unlike me. I quit after that anyway and the store kept begging me to retuen (high sales). Retail is tough. At least when I handled the public over the phone, I could slam down the hold button!

jennielynn1970
10-07-2008, 02:36 AM
Sad but true.

I try to avoid walmart whenever possible...not so much because the employees are bad (they really arent around here) but because the darn place is always so crowded. If I have to go, I go at 3 am when the place is empty ;)

Yours is empty at 3am?! Damn. Ours around here are still buzzing at that time. I hate to say it, but it's either hispanic families with crying and way over tired babies being toated around, or white trash families with crying and way over tired babies. Why are these children out at this time of night??? It's crazy.

I go to Walmart for my kitty litter. That's about it. Sometimes if I want certain things in bulk, I'll go there as well, because they do have bulk items available.

Their prices don't seem much cheaper than my local grocery store or CVS or Walgreens for shampoos, body washes, and makeup. So, not great deal there.

I have gotten some good fruit and veggies there.

I do not buy baked goods there. Have looked at baked goods in packaged that they made in their kitchen area, and there were fruit flies and gnats under the wrappers. ICK.

RICHARD
10-07-2008, 07:24 AM
I used to go to WALMART at 3 in the morning to go Xmas shopping!

THat rocked!

:)

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=129145&highlight=peeve

I just reposted this on the grocery store etiquette thread too!

Sirrahsim
10-07-2008, 08:14 AM
Yours is empty at 3am?! Damn. Ours around here are still buzzing at that time. I hate to say it, but it's either hispanic families with crying and way over tired babies being toated around, or white trash families with crying and way over tired babies. Why are these children out at this time of night??? It's crazy.

Oh my goodness!! It makes me want to scream:eek: What on earth are you doing keeping your children up so late, people??? I can understand the OCCASIONAL trip out at 10pm because you run out of diapers or something, but SERIOUSLY??

pomtzu
10-07-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm not a huge fan either, but the price is right so I tolerate it. Between Walmart and Sam's, I do about 95% of my shopping there and hardly ever go to grocery stores anymore. Sometimes you have to take the bad along with the good, and when you're retired and on a rather strict budget - every penny helps!

smokey the elder
10-07-2008, 08:54 AM

I go to Walmart for my kitty litter. That's about it. Sometimes if I want certain things in bulk, I'll go there as well, because they do have bulk items available.

Their prices don't seem much cheaper than my local grocery store or CVS or Walgreens for shampoos, body washes, and makeup. So, not great deal there.

I have gotten some good fruit and veggies there.

I do not buy baked goods there. Have looked at baked goods in packaged that they made in their kitchen area, and there were fruit flies and gnats under the wrappers. ICK.

If the bakery was contaminated, you should call the Board of Health!

beeniesmom
10-07-2008, 10:04 AM
I live in a small town

Just be happy you have one to shop in.
How far would you have to drive to go somewhere else?

I'm sorry about your experience. I have a superwalmart practically in my backyard (behind a 50 foot tree line) and it's always noisy, busy and the employees are less than perfect but I can't really complain.

The grocery prices are better than other stores in these diffcult times and it's convenient to have it so close.

I've had relatives visit with very small babies.
One very late evening, an entire can of powdered formula was accidentaly knocked off the counter while a bottle was being prepared. Where else could my neice have gone to get some more when other stores were already closed?

mina'smomma
10-07-2008, 02:41 PM
Oh my goodness!! It makes me want to scream:eek: What on earth are you doing keeping your children up so late, people??? I can understand the OCCASIONAL trip out at 10pm because you run out of diapers or something, but SERIOUSLY??

Well Missy not everyone thinks like us Pters do. The thing I wonder is if maybe they are homeless?

Marigold2
10-07-2008, 11:22 PM
We also have a Walmart here. All the employers are nice however they are not the smartest bunch of people I have ever met. You can tell they are from the lower middle class, still they are working, not at home collecting welfare. They are good people and deserve to be treated with respect.

IRescue452
10-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Walmart isn't the only store by us, but its gonna put shopko out of business shortly if people don't start shopping there. I only shop at shopko for the clearence though, if they go, they go. I hate festival foods. I care more about my grocery stores than my shopkos or targets. Festival is expensive and has crappy selection. Back to the point though, I had to laugh at the beign followed thing. I probably wouldn't notice if somebody was following me, but I bet they do a lot. I have social anxiety and I get tunnel vision in stores and big crowds. This makes my paths I follow very strange. I'll go around aisles and walk around like a shoplifter might when I'm waiting for somebody to get out of an aisle so I can shop. I also tend to cover the whole store several times when I shop because I'll think of other things I need. I sometimes walk fast from one end of the store to the other and avoid heavy traffic areas because I get impatient with people who slow me down from point A to point B. I'll speed walk right through the clothing aisles because I don't have to look out for as many people. I'm an expert at picking the empty aisles out so I can get through them quickly without running into a cart. I sometimes make myself sick by going through a whole store so fast. I feel sorry for whoever has to follow me, good luck keeping up with a person who wants to get through the store as fast as possible, but still has a list of things to get. It'd be like following the ball in a pinball machine, I need to go here, here, here, and here; but I'm going to detour here, go faster through here, go around here, and end up here first.

blue
10-07-2008, 11:35 PM
If you hate it, dont shop there.

Ive lived here for 6 years now, I have been in the Valley Wal Mart 4 times.

jennielynn1970
10-08-2008, 01:25 AM
Just be happy you have one to shop in.
How far would you have to drive to go somewhere else?

I've had relatives visit with very small babies.
One very late evening, an entire can of powdered formula was accidentaly knocked off the counter while a bottle was being prepared. Where else could my neice have gone to get some more when other stores were already closed?

I never had any clue how expensive powdered formula was till I started working at the grocery store. Is it locked up everywhere??? Ours in behind glass doors of a long cabinet, and when you want it, you have to go to the register or customer service and ask one of the front end managers to get it for you and they take it right to the register to ring you up.

I was told that it has a very high resale value, that it's stolen often, and is like a black market commodity!!! :eek: