PDA

View Full Version : Cloning for Financial Gain?

StarandBratsmom
10-06-2008, 08:39 AM
Out of curiosity, do you think that cloning animals is right or wrong? If you were a breeder and you had a top of the line pure bred animal that you made a lot of money from, would you clone them to keep the bloodlines?

I am doing a research paper for college on the cloning subject, that's why you will see this subject in different forums on here.

Suki Wingy
10-06-2008, 12:17 PM
The AQHA has already banned cloned animals from the registry. There is already too much of the same genetics going around. If you take a high ranking stud, you'll see that they are heavily bred to and therefore a lot of horses have inherited not only the good traits, but the bad too, and have just as much a chance of those traits showing in the extreme as the good.

lvpets2002
10-06-2008, 12:32 PM
:o First of all I dont mess with pure breeds.. Second of all We Should Not Be Messing with Mother Nature for Our Own Gains..

Catlady711
10-06-2008, 12:38 PM
Maybe I misunderstand your 'research' assignment. But I always thought a 'research' paper had to have authenticated information, studies, analyzing data etc. Seems to me this would be more under the heading 'public opinion/perception' of cloning wouldn't it?

*edit* I had to go look up the actual definition of 'research' to make sure I properly understood the word myself. I guess what I define as 'research' in terms of an assignment is the second definition of the word.

Main Entry: 1re·search
Pronunciation: \ri-ˈsərch, ˈrē-ˌ\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle French recerche, from recercher to go about seeking, from Old French recerchier, from re- + cerchier, sercher to search — more at search
Date: 1577
1: careful or diligent search

2: studious inquiry or examination ; especially : investigation or experimentation aimed at the discovery and interpretation of facts, revision of accepted theories or laws in the light of new facts, or practical application of such new or revised theories or laws

3: the collecting of information about a particular subject

Guess it just shows me that you can use a word everyday and still not always know it's entire meaning or useses.