PDA

View Full Version : I miss her

slj84
09-10-2002, 04:17 PM
Times Firebrick On labor day monday my sister was finally able to take her Jack Russell Abby to live with her. Abby had been living with me and my family for the last year do to her apartment no longer allowing pets, now she has moved to a new place which allows them and I really miss the little brat :(. I have a miniature pinscher I love her with all my heart and it would kill me if anything ever happened to her but she is not active like Abby was and that is one thing I really miss. I am 18 but still live with my parents who don't want another dog, I know that and respect their wishes, but I just really miss having an active dog, I like to go outside and play fetch and ball, I like to run around chase them and let them chase me. I feel like I am being pulled two ways, one wanting to respect my parents, but the other wanting to go out to a shelter and adopt another dog. I know they would love that dog if I were to some how manage to get one, but I don't know how. My friends have offered to go out with my to find a new dog and make it look like it was ditched at our house, but the chance of something really going wrong and the dog getting loose and getting hurt is more than I can bear to think of or even risk. I guess I know in my mind that I wont be getting a new dog until I move out which wont be for a couple more years, I am still a Sr. in high school do to when my birthday is, but I just need to get it out of my system. Thanks for listening :D
~Slj84~

lovemymaltese
09-10-2002, 04:29 PM
We're here for you, that's what pet talk is all about. Welcome!

KYS
09-10-2002, 09:04 PM
A warm Welcome to Pet Talk. :)

trisha0503
09-10-2002, 09:18 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! I know you'll enjoy it here.. We're here to share each other's happiness :) and frustrations :(

shais_mom
09-10-2002, 10:07 PM
I totally understand where you are. I wanted a dog all thru high school. I begged and begged my parents and they both said NO! So I patiently waited all thru college. And when I finally moved out at 23 I got my own house and my own dog! So patience is a virtue!!! ;) Good luck we are here for your support!! Welcome!!
Where is Madison OH?
I am from Oh also!

wolf_Q
09-11-2002, 01:41 AM
First off: WELCOME to Pet Talk! I hope we get to see some pics of your MinPin and Abby!

I'm 18 also, and I graduated High School last year. I know the frustrations of wanting another dog. I had been begging for one my entire life. FINALLY after all of my frustrations, they gave into me. I think part of it was because they felt sorry for me (hospital) and the other part is that they felt I was old enough to handle it. I was probably responsible enough to handle it before, but when I was younger, there was no way I could pay for the food, vet, etc. Another part of it was that my sister got a puppy, Mckinney, a west highland terrier. I watched him for 3 weeks and, in my opinion, took great care of him. So, about a month and a half later, I got Nebo! Having a dog of your own is really a great thing, but it's also more responsibility and $$ then you would imagine.

I also know how you feel for missing Abby. :( I was sooo attached to my Mckinney baby. I just loved the the little guy to death, he had so much personality. But at least you will still be able to see Abby. My sister gave McKinney away, and got a new dog. I won't go into the details, but I'm still very pissed off about it, and I really miss Mckinney. :(

DoggiesAreTheBest
09-11-2002, 06:06 AM
Sorry to hear about that lil pup. I am sure you miss her terribly. But you can always go and visit, couldn't you?

Perhaps when you are in college you can get yourself a dog. That's when I got Drake. My senior year in college. But be sure you have a have a job because having a pet can get pricey!

Dixieland Dancer
09-11-2002, 07:50 AM
I hope you can go and visit her!