PDA

View Full Version : Rosie is gone.

CountryWolf07
10-05-2008, 03:38 PM
I cannot do this post, but I have to. I am very, very, very heartbroken. My parents had to put down Rosie on Saturday morning, she started having back problems, and the vet gave her medication to help her ease the pain, and it worked for a while, then, for some reason, my parents said she came back inside hobbling, basically dragging herself behind the tv set, and just yelping and whimpering, and panting, trying to figure out what happened with her back legs, and so my parents took her to the vet, and found out that she was paralyzed from her middle of her back to her back legs. It would have cost us thousands of $ to have surgery on her, which we cannot afford (dad is out of a job, three kids in college *me and my two brothers*) and there was no other guarantees, no other options, so.. we had to put her to sleep, to ease her pain and now she is in a better place. PLEASE DO NOT judge me. I could not be home for her, to say goodbye, and that is enough to kill me right now. Mike was here for the weekend when I got the phone call from my mom, and he was just so understanding and compassionate when it came to this. I broke down crying this morning because it had really HIT me, and he just held me for a while, and it was just something I needed. I am glad I was not alone.

ALSO, my mom had a dream of Rosie last night and she was happy. That's comforting to know she is doing well at the rainbow bridge.

Thanks.

This was the last picture I took of her before I came back to OSU:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3064/2870770769_837f9c0b6d_b.jpg

chocolatepuppy
10-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Oh no, not Rosie. I'm so sorry.:( She is free from her pain now. I'm sorry you couldn't be there. {hugs}

k9krazee
10-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Oh, I am so sorry. :( No judging here, we all know Rosie's best interests were at mind. She had a wonderful life and now she's pain free and playing like a puppy.

I know how hard it is to lose a pet while you're away at school. You have my deepest sympathies. (((Hugs))))

Taz_Zoee
10-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Oh Rachel, I am so sorry about Rosie. I know how difficult it must be for you to not be there at this time. Yes, you can rest easy knowing she is no longer in pain and is running happily at the bridge with the rest of the RB pups. I am glad Mike was with you to help comfort you.

RIP Rosie.

Pam
10-05-2008, 03:46 PM
I am so sorry. :( I could hardly believe what I was reading. There will be no judging here. Those who love Rosie did what they needed to do. She is at peace and in no pain. ((((hugs)))) to you and your family.

sasvermont
10-05-2008, 03:48 PM
You did the right thing. She is no longer in pain. Now she can play with all of her new RB buddies. It was her time.

CountryWolf07
10-05-2008, 03:54 PM
Thank you, everyone. I made a same post at the Dog Memorial section, and it includes more than one pictures of her, not only just pictures but my favorites of her.

wolf_Q
10-05-2008, 03:56 PM
Oh my gosh Rachel, I can't believe it. I'm so very, very, sorry. I know you and all of your family must be heartbroken. :( I will miss your sweet beagle girl very much. She had a good life with your family, I know she'll be waiting for you at the bridge. {{{HUGS}}}

Good bye Rosie, we love you. :love:

carole
10-05-2008, 04:16 PM
RIP darling little Rosie, and may those who loved you so much find comfort at this very sad time in their life, i am so sorry for you Loss Rachael HUGS.:love::love:

ramanth
10-05-2008, 05:19 PM
I am so sorry to hear about Rosie. :( *hugs*

FurkidsMom
10-05-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that little sweetie is gone. There was nothing to be done. I had to have a cat put down who was only 12 a couple years ago because I couldn't afford the surgery on her which was going to be thousands of dollars so I understand. She had a wonderful life with loving people. What a great legacy for a wonderful dog.

boomersooner
10-05-2008, 05:45 PM
No judging here.....I'm so sorry you had to go through this....She is in a better place, running pain free and chasing squirrels as I type......

lute
10-05-2008, 08:20 PM
No judging here either. I would have probably done the same thing. I'm so sorry to hear about this. At least Rosie is no longer in pain.

R.I.P. Rosie.:(

cyber-sibes
10-05-2008, 09:00 PM
((((hugs)))) I'm so sorry, Rachel. Rosie had a wonderful long life with your family, and the dream your mom had was surely a sign from her. She's not in pain anymore. Prayers for you all, and especially for Anna, she must be heartbroken over the loss of her dear Rosie. I hope she is able to move thru this. I'm so glad you were able to spend a little time with the girls before going back to school, and took such lovely portraits of them.

tikeyas_mom
10-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Oh no!!! I am so sorry to read this hun!! You must be heartbroken!! I am so sorry you and your family had to lose your Beloved Rosie!!! Everyone here will miss her soooo much! We'll never forget our favorite Beagle.. RIP Rosie girl! We love you

K9karen
10-05-2008, 09:36 PM
We need to do the compassionate, honorable and loving decision not to have our beloved furbabies suffer a minute longer.

I'm sorry you couldn't be with Rosie, but the love you had for each other will always be there. I'm glad Rosie sent your mom a message that she's OK. Remember, Rosie is not alone..she has wonderful friends at RB to show her the way.

luvofallhorses
10-05-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm so sorry about gorgeous Rosie. :( You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. ((((HUGS)))) rest in peace gorgeous Rosie. :love:

DJFyrewolf36
10-05-2008, 11:35 PM
I am so sorry about Rosie...:( RIP dear girl.

blue
10-06-2008, 12:32 AM
ALSO, my mom had a dream of Rosie last night and she was happy. That's comforting to know she is doing well at the rainbow bridge.

Alot of truths lay in dreams.

Tollers-n-Dobes
10-06-2008, 12:34 AM
:( I am very, very sorry to hear about Rosie. (((hugs)))

4 Dog Mother
10-06-2008, 08:47 AM
I am sorry to hear about Rosie. I am sure it was doubly hard not getting to be there to say goodbye.

I hope no one on here would judge you (or any of the others who are living at home) for something your parents decided to do - but also sometimes spending a lot of money that will supposedly lengthen a dogs life doesn't work as well as the vet thought. The money could have been spent, the dog could still be miserable and instead of making things better it only makes them worse. I am sure your parents did not just consider the cost but also what the cost would be to Rosie - sometimes it is just better for the dog to be let go. We are the ones who often can't let go when it might be better for the dog if we did. Saying goodbye is never easy!

*LabLoverKEB*
10-06-2008, 02:07 PM
Oh Rachel, I am so terribly sorry to hear about your beloved miss Rosie. She will most deffinetly be missed. Rosie was a beautiful dog, and she loved you. Rest In Peace, dear Rosie.:(:(

Husky_mom
10-06-2008, 02:14 PM
so sorry for your loss... she was a very pretty lady and your family made the right move... now she´s painless...

you all gave her a great life...

CountryWolf07
10-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Thank you..

:(

Just found out Anna started eating today.. and she hadn't eaten anything since Saturday.. hopefully she'll be alright.

Cookiebaker
10-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Rachel, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm heartbroken for you. Rest peacefully, Rosie! :(

pitc9
10-07-2008, 10:19 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Rosie. :(

Rest easy now Rosie.

CountryWolf07
10-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Thank you.

elizabethann
10-08-2008, 06:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear about Rosie. She was such a beautiful girl. RIP sweet Rosie.